5 replies to this topic

Apocalypse

Apocalypse

revolution

• Darja Gurus
  • 1,698 posts

Current mood: Procrastinating

salam

Ghardaïa is one of the most attractive ancient cities in the world when we talk of architecture. It constitutes another pride for Algeria. I have never been there before but I can't wait to visit it. Apparently, this city's architecture has a positive effect on the psychology of its inhabitants, since many Anthropologists and Geographers have discovered that each city's architecture has an influence on it's people's behaviour and the number of crimes

This documentary is in French (sorry) but it gives a historical overview of the area and its architecture.

This is part one

Part Two:

• Beebo, Fatony and kamylood like this

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,507 posts

Current mood: Cloud 9 Contributor

Apparently, this city's architecture has a positive effect on the psychology of its inhabitants, since many Anthropologists and Geographers have discovered that each city's architecture has an influence on it's people's behaviour and the number of crimes

This explains a lot about my city, indeed. 

Ever heard of rumors about it? They are all true *stage whisper* 

I'll try watching the video in the morning (3rd world connection like you dubbed it, thanks for sharing ^_^

Posted Image

Apocalypse

Apocalypse

revolution

• Darja Gurus
  • 1,698 posts

Current mood: Procrastinating

You're welcome

Ever heard of rumors about it? They are all true *stage whisper* 

Actually, in my city, when we see someone robbing, or fighting, drinking, selling drugs, or riding a 103, we say, jay  men bel3abess , or la3babssa hadek fach falhine  :snooty:

we also say matahderch m3ah hadek men bal3abass ydarbak b khodmi, 

sorry 

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,507 posts

Current mood: Cloud 9 Contributor

I know, I know.. The answer here should be an indignant "Hey! it's one thing me badmouthing my people, and it's entirely another thing someone else doing it!" and sign it off with an Humph!!!

Buuuuut, what can I say, those probably are from my neighborhood, I know the kind  :bag:

kamylood

kamylood
  • Members
  • 471 posts

Current mood: Fine Contributor

salam...

Thanks for sharing sister.

Ghardaïa is one of the most attractive ancient cities in the world when we talk of architecture. It constitutes another pride for Algeria

Yes Ghardaya is a special town, it's beautiful indeed. But I don't agree with you that much about being proud, cause we are actually ruining the ancient cities we have, and no one cares.

I've never been to Ghardaya before, but we all know about the conflict between M'zab and Arabs, they are both Algerians, living in the same town, fighting and kidnapping each other all the time... they are ruining life in Ghardaya for them and for every one else.

I've been to Biskra twice, and I just visited Bechar two weeks ago. I went on a night road trip which took me 11 hours to get in there. I was so excited to visit this southern town, to see the desert and especially the castle of TAGHIT, and some ancient villages.

When I came to that castle, I was so disappointed, cause it was so ruined and all messed up …

The only ancient village I visit was a nightmare, it became a stinky place where people are breeding animals…

some ancient buildings are gone, and some others are just a disaster.

What a big lost ... SHAME ON US !!

The desert, the sand, and camels, was the bright side of the place, cause Lhamdoullah we still have this ones … they are not gone YET !! Hhhhhhhh

I went a little further, to get deeper in the desert to enjoy the view of the sand. I pulled over, took a walk to take some pictures. Then here comes this guy...  He wants me to pay him for watching my car !!!!!!!!!!! lol

I was like ‘’Hey dude, I’m in the middle of no where, there is no one else here but me and you. If anyone brook into my car it would be definitely you… so do you want me to pay you for not stealing my car or what !!!  are you serious ?? ‘’..

Can you believe that ? Even in the middle of no where their is some one to ruin the moment for you.

That was unbelievable, but funny !!! Hhhhhhhhhh

I wouldn’t say I didn’t enjoy the trip, cause it was a beautiful quiet desert.. but we shouldn't be proud at all !!!

The first rule we should all keep in mind, is to respect our country, take a good care of it, and stop messing around with this fortune.

Thank you sister for sharing these videos..

I'll share with you some pictures of the castle, the ancient village, and the desert.

Hey !

kamylood

kamylood
  • Members
  • 471 posts

Current mood: Fine Contributor

What I was t trying to say from this whole BLA BLA BLA is that we shouldn't be proud of what we have, we should be proud of what we do to what we have.

Because sometimes we just have what we have, we don't make it, but we always make what we do.