Change
Photo

ePUB Page Numbers

- - - - -

Best Answer Lilia , 02 March 2013 - 12:00 PM

salam I use two ways to read .ePub books

1- I convert to PDF using this. Though, sometimes it gets the order of the pages in the original form i.e. if the display of the pages is in small format it will keep that same one in PDF so you get a page starting in 3 and finishes in half of 4. But the good thing is that you can see the actual numbering of the book. And this doesn't happen with all books.

2- I read them using Adobe Digital Editions 2.0 it displays books normally for me. You can get it from here  This works for DRM too. and it shows the pages in pair. 

Now if this problem persists, then I suggest that you try to download another version of the book, sometimes the scanning isn't done right! 

Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

Apocalypse

Apocalypse

revolution

• Darja Gurus
  • 1,698 posts

Current mood: Procrastinating

salam

I need help with epub page numbers, I use Calibre in order to read those books, and the paging is wierd, in a usual 180 pages, Calibre shows 500 pages, and the paging goes 1,0, 1,3, 1,5, until it gets to page 2,0 etc. Today I've downloaded a book which usually doesn't take more than 400 pages and it showed 1257 pages. But for references for an academic work it's kind of crazy to use such numbers for books that are so small. Does anyone here know how to read epub pages or how to show them correctly as in pdf or paper form?

I have found a post on an epub forum which uses a lot of combinations I couldn't understand yet I knew it talks about a program I am searching for, here's the post, apparently I want his problem to happen to me:

"Hi,

I have a DRM free ePub I have bought where I cannot change the margin, when I select the margin in my Kobo Touch it does nothing (I have not this problem with other books).

Is there a way, with Calibre or another software, to fix this?

Another thing: this ePub has a strange way for page numbers. Instead of showing page numbers per chapter as some other ePub books, it shows page numbers as if this was a printed version. I mean I see the page number in the margin, and this does not fit well with my Kobo. For instance I can have the page 12, and the page 13 is in the middle of the next page on my Kobo. If you see what I mean. Any way to fix this as well?"

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,507 posts

Current mood: Cloud 9 Contributor
✓  Best Answer

salam I use two ways to read .ePub books

1- I convert to PDF using this. Though, sometimes it gets the order of the pages in the original form i.e. if the display of the pages is in small format it will keep that same one in PDF so you get a page starting in 3 and finishes in half of 4. But the good thing is that you can see the actual numbering of the book. And this doesn't happen with all books.

2- I read them using Adobe Digital Editions 2.0 it displays books normally for me. You can get it from here  This works for DRM too. and it shows the pages in pair. 

Now if this problem persists, then I suggest that you try to download another version of the book, sometimes the scanning isn't done right! 

Posted Image

Apocalypse

Apocalypse

revolution

• Darja Gurus
  • 1,698 posts

Current mood: Procrastinating

THANK YOU LILIA ADE IS AWSOME. :D

RESPECT

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,507 posts

Current mood: Cloud 9 Contributor

THANK YOU LILIA ADE IS AWSOME. :D

RESPECT

Glad you like it ^^

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor

Just an FYI, we have this Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-03-13 at 8.56.04 PM.png   2.25KB   0 downloads new button below all the replies within the requests forum that you can Mark as "Best Answer" so that readers can jump right to it when they read the topic :)

WgxUpZ6.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: