Ozzy

Ozzy

Think different™ 

• Moderators
  • 1,550 posts

Current mood: Inspired
As Salaam Mualaykum,

Ah, you beat me to it! lol
This is truly an amazing show of science, one which doesn't require a lot of explanation or understanding.

Non-Muslims A scientist would use something like this in a way to try and make sense or understand the world, Muslims should use this to try and comprehend the Greatness of Allah ( swt). Everything is as it should be, everything is in perfect harmony. Even a slight change can have a significant affect in the way something works.

And He has subjected to you, as from Him, all that is in the heavens and on earth: behold in that are Signs indeed for those who reflect - al-Jathhiya [45:13]

Jazaka'Allah Khayr for sharing (before I could  :P)
Wa Salaam Mualaykum,

Ozzy

Edited by Ozzy, 15 March 2013 - 10:24 PM.
"Non-Muslim" would suggest that all Non-Muslims do not reflect upon the creation, so I have adjusted the wording accordingly. Apologies for any offence caused & I also remind others to take care in their choice of words, Insha'Allah

• wise-man001 and •eve• like this

Omeymaa

Omeymaa

Have faith...

• Girls
  • 1,330 posts

Current mood: Creative

Wa alaykoum Assalam,

Hahaha, the person who made that video still has loads of good vids on his channel :P

Our world is indeed in perfect harmony, so precise to the point where even the number of times a small butterfly flaps its' delicate wings is calculated subhaa'Allah, and as you said a slight change in that could change something in the atmosphere.

Scientists do try and explain such concepts, but because they discover the greatness of Allah ( swt) simply by observing His creations, they eventually end up being Muslims themselves.

Ozzy

Ozzy

Think different™ 

• Moderators
  • 1,550 posts

Current mood: Inspired

As Salaam Mualaykum,

No, now I have to find something else to beat your video! lol. Just kidding.

I know, isn't it just amazing Subhana'Allah.

It is by His (swt)'s Mercy that He (swt) keeps everything running how it should run, even though we are not deserving of it and He (swt) Alone Knows Best.

Yes of course there have been many cases where this has happened, Alhumdulillah. But still some wish to carry on denying Him (swt) as the Creator of all things, big and small. One person that shocks me is David Attenborough, although not a scientist but a man that has seen more of His (swt)'s creation than anyone could imagine.

I was recently watching his 'Africa' series (I highly recommend everyone here to watch it) and the one thing that kept on going around in my head was...how is this man not a Muslim?!!!

It is understandable that it is said that whom Allah (swt) guides none can misguide and whom is left misguided no one can guide, but I think that we as Muslims use this of too much of an excuse. We are not doing enough in terms of da'wah, but how could we when we are not even doing justice to our own brothers and sisters in terms of giving naseeha?
Going back to my original point, it may be possible that David Attenborough has not even received the message of Islam yet. Honestly if he had, you as much as me would watch all of his nature programmes and think...how is this man not a Muslim?!

So I sort of went off on a tangent there, as per usual lol. Apologies for turning such a simple post in to a discussion, bet you weren't expecting that! haha  :P

Just to clarify. All use of the word "we" to signify the Muslim ummah as a whole, I use it to firstly address myself before anybody else. I, of all people am the worst when it comes to da'wah and naseeha, it was meant as a light reminder Insha'Allah. So please nobody take it personally and if you did, then I sincerely ask for your forgiveness as this was not my intention.

Jazaka'Allah Khayr.

Wa Salaam Mualaykum,

Ozzy

• Omeymaa likes this

Omeymaa

Omeymaa

Have faith...

• Girls
  • 1,330 posts

Current mood: Creative

salam

Yes I did watch some of David Attenborough's documentaries, Life in the Freezer was my favourite one

That is a good question, maybe he's not thinking critically enough or hasn't asked himself any questions that his current religion (if any) failed to answer.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: water, science, sound