Change
Photo

Would you mind if someone stole your face?

- - - - - face tracker face stealer yahoo japan ios identity theft opinions youtube

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Ozzy

Ozzy

Think different™ 

• Moderators
  • 1,550 posts

Current mood: Inspired

As Salaam Mualaykum,

I've just come across this video and so I thought that I should share it, not quite sure what to make of this.

It's an amazing use of the camera's ability to face track and a great use of live masking, but I instantly thought about how this could be used in the wrong way. It didn't help when the guy in the video said the following:

Narrator: Yahoo Japan is considering developing a chat application, featuring this ability to make faces anonymous

Guy in video: We think Face Stealer could be used to talk easily with your face hidden. For example, A MAN COULD JOIN IN VIDEO CHAT USING A PRETTY WOMAN'S FACE

If something like this is perfected and used for the wrong purpose, online identity theft would be the next big thing. That's just my opinion and it is all based on the assumption that someone will use this for evil.

What do you think? I've perhaps not given it as much thought as I should have or haven't thought about it from a positive perspective. I can only think of one positive use currently for this, but I'd like to read about your views before I post that Insha'Allah.

Jazaka'Allah Khayr.

Wa Salaam Mualaykum,

Ozzy

• kim likes this

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor
Saddam discovered this in the 80s. There were 12 versions of him according to gw bush
There are people with experience and people with opinions. Listen to one, smile at the other.
Posted Image

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,652 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor

it's definitely an issue of concern. If this can be done using a phone processor, you can only imagine what would happen if a Desktop PC were to be used to better the "experience" and "quality".... definitely would lead to identity theft and probably online "mischief" 

WgxUpZ6.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: face tracker, face stealer, yahoo, japan, ios, identity theft, opinions, youtube