• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

wise-man001

wise-man001
  • Members
  • 461 posts

Current mood: Fine

salam :)

So I would like to share with you this excellent video discussing some cognitive biases and how they can lead us into taking bad decisions...you won't regret watching the whole video and it's not recommended to skip the good discussion at the end of the presentation in the video. 

By the way, at the beginning of the presentation, the author talks about an idea I had mentioned in  a recent topic (which maybe I failed to explain in a simple way) the idea is the Pascal wage and his principle of maximization ...here though it's attributed to Bernoulli...I don't know who got it first. 

Good watch !

• •eve• likes this
Be the change you want to see in the world.

γΝγΟ - Mohammed

γΝγΟ - Mohammed
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Current mood:

Thankfully I made the right decision to watch this. It was entertaining and very useful, particularly the bit about putting a high price tag on some items to make others appear less expensive. Supermarket shopping has not been the same since lol.

A day spent without learning is a day wasted

Abu Daoud

Abu Daoud
  • Members
  • 164 posts

Current mood: Cool

It was interesting but I have a rule in my life that affects my decisions. Never take advice from a man who wears socks with his sandals   :no2: 

• writersfreedom likes this
Whoever recommends and helps a good cause becomes a partner therein, and whoever recommends and helps an evil cause shares in its burdens” Qur’an:4:85

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

The Beauty and The Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Current mood: Cheerful

:salaam:

Am not gonna lie, I didn't watch the whole thing, but I think we make bad decisions because we are only human and they don't seem so bad when we make them, sometimes we need to make mistakes so we can learn from them and grow. I honestly don't regret any bad decision I've made so far, it's the reason why I am where I am today and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

~~~ Peace out ~~~

What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, insepa­rable from me. For me, prison is a place of (religious) retreat; ex­ecution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel ......

Posted Image