Change
Photo

Do you love your Mother?

- - - - - love mother islam heart bir al-walidayn reminder poem reflect ibrahim b. mikhail al-mundhir abdullah mueda

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Ozzy

Ozzy

Think different™ 

• Moderators
  • 1,550 posts

Current mood: Inspired

As Salaam Mualaykum.

I once saw this video a couple of years back and ever since then I have been kicking myself that I never bookmarked or favourited it for future viewing and sharing. Alhumdulillah by the Will and Mercy of Allah ( swt) I was reminded of it again a couple of months back whilst studying under my teacher. It gets me every time, no matter how many times I view it and the poem at the end as well.

I have copy and pasted the poem that he recites below. The brothers name in the video is apparently, Abdullah Mu'eda, may Allah ( swt) have Mercy and be Pleased with him and especially his Mother. Aamen.

Please excuse my ignorance since my Arabic is terrible and if there is anything wrong with the Arabic script, I probably have missed it altogether.

I have found that listening to the poem in the video has a greater impact rather than reading it first. So as to not take away from that, the poem has been hidden below.

Hidden Content
You'll be able to see the hidden content once you reply to this topic.

If our Mothers are still with us, let us not take them for granted. Let us be humble in front of them, assist them even if it means that we experience pain and suffering as a result, let us not say a harsh word against them and remain by their sides to serve them, as it is stated that Jan'nah lies at their feet. Aameen. (Whether you are of the opinion that the hadith mentioned [and severely paraphrased by myself] is fabricated or authentic, take at least the good meaning from it Insha'Allah)

The video, the poem and this post is firstly a reminder to myself before anyone else.

Anything good, of benefit and correct is purely from Allah ( swt). Anything bad, of detriment and incorrect is from shaytaan and the evil within myself.

Jazaka'Allah Khayr.

Wa Salaam Mualaykum,

Ozzy

• Omeymaa likes this

Omeymaa

Omeymaa

Have faith...

• Girls
  • 1,330 posts

Current mood: Creative

Salaam, 

That poem...

Jazaka Allahou khairan Ozzy for sharing that. Very touching indeed.

Since it was the last day at work today, we decided to make a card for the kids' mothers with their handprints.

And I thought, since they already know the hadith of the Prophet Muhammed (saw) about the mother, I should ask their four year-old brains why is it that the Prophet Muhammed (saw) mentioned the Mum three times, and to be honest I was fairly surprised with the answers that they came up with.

Al-hamdulilah.

Done is better than perfect.

Ozzy

Ozzy

Think different™ 

• Moderators
  • 1,550 posts

Current mood: Inspired

As Salaam Mualaykum,

Baraka'Allahufeeki.

If you don't mind my asking, what were some of the responses that you received?

Jazaka'Allah Khayr.

Wa Salaam Mualaykum,

Ozzy

Omeymaa

Omeymaa

Have faith...

• Girls
  • 1,330 posts

Current mood: Creative
Well because they are kids the first answer was of course cooks for us :)
-I had this one boy say 'mummy she be tired''.
- ''Mum goes to work too''
-Buys us clothes.
-Another one chose to speak about his dad n how he comes back home from work. So I told him your dad must be tired..then the kid looks at me and goes, ''No no, my dad is not tired''

Then they just kept repeating what their friends were saying..sign of boredom.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: love, mother, islam, heart, bir al-walidayn, reminder, poem, reflect, ibrahim b. mikhail al-mundhir, abdullah mueda