- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
With A.com down, I have nowhere to post my sports news so I'll start another thread here:

Two Belgian Clubs Relegated To Third Division

The Belgian FA has relegated top division clubs La Louviere and Mouscron to the third division after being refused a professional licence because of financial irregularities. Three Algerian players will be impacted by the decision: Youssef Sofiane and Mohamed Brahami of La Louviere, and Karim Fellahi of Mouscron. Although all three players contracts were due to run out at the end of the season anyway, the reduction in the number of teams in the top flight might make it more difficult to find a new club. Brahami has been a regular in the National Team in the last year and has 15 caps since playing his first match in 2003.

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor
ouch thats sooo sad poor algerians

WgxUpZ6.png

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Dario Accepts Madjid Will Move On

Dario Gradi has accepted the fact that Madjid Bougherra will be moving on in the summer. The Algerian International has held talks with the Alex boss and he has indicated that he wishes to keep his options open. Dario has told the club's official web-site that although he would be disappointed to lose out on the promising 24-year-old, he can understand his desire to play at a higher level than League One.

"I've spoken to Madjid and he has told me that he could be playing in the Premiership next season and if not then at least the Championship. He wants to stay in England and its dream to play at the top level, said Dario. His agent will be telling him that Premiership clubs are interested but in my opinion I don't think he will be playing in the Premier League next season. I think he could play in the Championship and if that is open to him then I can fully understand why he won't commit himself to us. He needs to improve but he is a superb lad to work with and he listens and learns. I know he has enjoyed himself here and we have both said we will keep in touch and see what happens.

Dario added: "He says his French club would want around ?350,000 and I don't really know. There is no point in discussing figures if he doesn't want to sign for us. I've enjoyed working with him. It has been interesting and I like and respect the young lad."

With Bougherra showing no indication that he wishes to extend his stay with Crewe Alexandra, he will now not feature against Millwall on Sunday. Therefore, it will present Chris McCready with another chance at centre-half.

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Karim Soltani versus FC Eindhoven:

OR

http://download.yous...AA161782D5AC12A

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

i hope u like ur new position :wink:

mos3ab

mos3ab
  • Members
  • 805 posts

Current mood:
hey. congratulations tony. u truely deserve this. u truly r leadin this section of the forum.thumbs up

Algerian

Algerian
  • Members
  • 315 posts

Current mood:
when it comes to sport, no one can beat tony....

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Big Interest In Crewe Star

Crewe?s Madjid Bougherra may be a target for Leeds according to a newspaper report this weekend.

The 23-year-old Algerian international centre-half joined the Railwaymen on loan from French side Gueugnon in January and has made a big impression at Gresty Road despite their relegation.

His agent indicated last week that a number of sides were keen on a long-term deal for the player (he would say that!), with Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday among the interested parties.

Source: http://www.leedsutd-...=TMNW&id=279812

Sheffield Wednesday & Leeds in for on-loan Crewe star

Madjid Bougherra is a target for the Owls and their Yorkshire rivals according to weekend newspaper reports
The 23-year-old Algerian international centre-half joined Crewe on loan from French side Gueugnon in January and made a big impact at Gresty Road despite relegation for Dario Gradi's side. His agent indicated last week that a number of Championship sides were keen on a long-term deal for the player, with Wednesday and Leeds firmly among those interested parties.

Source: http://www.fansfc.co...p?newsid=151916

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:

i hope u like ur new position  :wink:

Thanks and thanks to everyone else for your support. I want to thank my parents who supported me this whole time (they actually discourage me from going on the computer), my friends (those MSN buddies kept me going for hours), my workplace (free internet connection with hours of free time) and most importantly Allah. :cry:

mos3ab

mos3ab
  • Members
  • 805 posts

Current mood:
now thats a true algerian. loooooooooool. u have to thank every1.
u remind me of ramdan sketch

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Oh yeah, check my collection of football videos on YouTube. I uploaded about 5 or so last night. I cant remember the URL but if you click on this one:

It should have links to my other vids and to my account (which you can click on and then find the vids). I'll put up more tonight.

mos3ab

mos3ab
  • Members
  • 805 posts

Current mood:
tony speak to beebo. hes got access. the site is up and runnin now. u cn put this stuff on it.

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Ghazi's European Return Less Than Memorable

Farid Ghazi's return to European football was less than memorable as his HJK Helsinki club lost 1-0 at home to FC Lahti. The 32-year old striker, who joined HJK from Algerian 3rd division side ES Guelma, squandered his only opportunity to score, and ?ran around like a chicken with his head cut off all game,? as one fan described him. Ghazi previously played 3 seasons with French club Troyes, after impressing with JS Kabylie, and also had stints in UAE and Tunisia. He has 22 international caps and 5 goals.

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Transfer Rumours: Samy Ali Yachir

French sport magazine France Football has reported that a number of Ligue 1 teams are interested in Montpellier striker Samy Ali Yachir. The 21-year old has featured 23 times this season for the 10th placed Ligue 2 side but did not score. The report also said that Montpellier turned down a ?700,000 ($872,640) offer from a Spanish club, most likely Real Zaragoza, who are very interested in the player. The Algerian-born Yachir has featured for France at the junior level. He was called up to the Algerian junior national team last year but did not attend due to club commitments.

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

wow this is soo exciting i hope we'll be all over europe that way we could have an awesome national team

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Bezzaz and Kharroubi Promoted To Ligue 1

Valenciennes won 3-0 on the road against 2nd place Sedan to ensure promotion to France's top division. Their 71 point total, with 2 games to be played, means that Valenciennes are guaranteed a top 2 finish, and will make their return to Ligue 1 after a 13 year absence. 24-year old striker Yacine Bezzaz and 22-year old midfielder Khaled Kharroubi will both make the jump to Ligue 1 next year.

Bezzaz, who has already played 3 seasons in Ligue 1 with AC Ajaccio, joined Valenciennes in the summer to get more playing time. After winning the CAF Cup with JS Kabylie in the 2002 season, he joined AC Ajaccio. However, his time there was unsuccessful, playing in just 24 games, as he was plagued with injuries. Bezzaz has 3 caps with the national team and 1 goal.

Kharroubi, on the other hand, has never played in Ligue 1. After playing his junior football with Olympique Lyon, he spent a year playing in Brazil with Vittoria Ba?a. Upon his return to France, he signed with Valenciennes, who were still in division 3. He helped them gain promotion last year, and again this year. Kharroubi recently took part in a training camp with the Algerian U23 national team which included only European-based players.

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Ligue 1: Metz, Ajaccio and Strasbourg Relegated

Metz, Ajaccio and Strasbourg were all relegated to Ligue 2 after finishing in the bottom three in France's top division. 8 Algerians are under contract among the three clubs.

At Strasbourg, midfielder Salim Arrache and goalkeeper Mehdi Sennaoui. However, both are at the end of their contract this summer. Arrache already has a number of offers including Bayer Leverkusen, Borussia Dortmund and Olympique Marseille. The young Sennaoui, on the other hand, is on trial with Ligue 1 side Troyes.

At Metz, defenders Mehdi Meniri, Hemza Mihoubi and Carl Medjani, as well as midfielder Abdelnacer Ouadah, are the club. Medjani, who is on loan from Liverpool, will probably return to the Premier League next year. Meniri, as well, should be moving to a foreign league next year with links in England, Spain and Italy. Ouadah, has been linked to Ligue 1 side Nancy, while there is no word on Mihoubi's future.

At Ajaccio, midfielder Rafik Saifi and defender Djamel Abdoun will be effected. Saifi, however, is out of contract and free to sign anywhere. Rumours have it that he might return to MC Alger, as he is nearing the end of his playing career. No word on where Abdoun will end up next year.

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

interesting i didnt know Carl Medjani was algerian and played for liverpool. its weird how many players play in professional leagues yet the national team doesnt have enough talent

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Bolton and Blackburn Interest In Bougherra

Algerian sports paper Le Buteur (El Heddaf) has reported that Premiership sides Bolton and Blackburn are in pursuit of defender Madjid Bougherra, after a strong showing while on loan to Championship side Crewe Alexandra. The 23-year old has also been linked to Championship sides Sheffield United (will play in Premier League next year), Leeds United (will play im promotion playoff), Crystal Palace (will play in promotion playoff) and Ipswich Town. Bougherra is under contract with French club FC Gueugnon until the summer of 2007.

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Benhamou Wins First Trophy

Paris Saint Germain goalkeeper Mohamed Benhamou 'won' his first trophy this weekend when PSG defeated Marseille 2-1 in the cup final. However, the 26-year old has yet to feature for PSG in a competitive match, and has only made brief appearances on the bench for PSG. The 3rd string goalkeeper is out of contract in the summer and will look to get more playing time with another club.

Posted Image
Benhamou on the right