Ithri

Ithri

Mnarvi-DZ

• Members
  • 1,191 posts

Current mood:
LOL

Dork yez3af you called their ball bata chemma, sans parler du reste
Un homme se leva et demanda permission d'appeler les fidèles à la prière.
Permission lui fût donnée:
- Vous pouvez les appeler, tant que vous les appelez à Dieu et non à vous-même.
- Mais comment saurais-je la différence?
- Si ça vous dérange que quelqu'un d'autre les appelle à Dieu, c'est que vous les appelez à vous-même.

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor
Bent, comon, I think you went over the top there. If the guy wants to promote a sport in Algeria and he has the support for it from officials, members of the public then in my opinion it's a great achievement in its self.

Let people do what they want
There are people with experience and people with opinions. Listen to one, smile at the other.
Posted Image

Hockey_Algeria

Hockey_Algeria
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Current mood:

salam

You see if you just answered that you are a hardliner hockey fan who dream of watching an Algerian national hockey team play in Algeria, I would have respected that.
But... According to you my small minded thinking would prevent Algeria from moving forward. And in order to move forward Algeria has to have a... Hockey team!!!.
What a brilliant idea !!!!
I must be stupid cos I just can’t get it. How learning to slide on ice, kicking “bata chamma” would make us move forward... I take your comment for an insult for us, we Algerian who are doing our best, here, to work hard and pay our taxes to improve things in our country and help it move forward (for real).

Let me give you an advice... dear. There is a good location in Algiers for your ice rink. Tell your friend officials to build it in the district of EL Harrach. There, there is a “beautiful” river, which, with little prayers, would freeze in winter, so you can train outside in the “fresh air”. I am sure many Harrachi people will join to sheer you up, and push you forward, the way you deserve.
Good luck !!! for 2009

salam

No im not a hardliner hockey fan, im someone who has put alot of hard work into this project, and played for my country in the arab cup, so i take what YOU say as an insult.

And YES it is backwards thinking to say algeria should only concentrate on football, the algerian youth should have access to as many activities as possible, i guarantee when the rink opens you will see it packed with kids every single day.

And as for the Harrach comments, the mother of my child is from harrach, my cousin is a police officer in harrach, and 1 of the team working on this project is from harrach, so im aware of its reputation, but you just come across as stuck up.

bentAljazair

bentAljazair
  • Girls
  • 989 posts

Current mood:
salam

It took me some time to search the web dictionaries to finally understand the meaning of: Stuck up.. (adjective: Informal. snobbishly conceited)....thanks for teaching me a new word in english...
When I first posted an answer in this thread it was not meant against you. I did react to my friends posts about Hockey. I gave my opinion (strongly but humorously) about that sport that I, the “short minded Algerian”, consider a kind of UFO in the DZ sport universe. Allow me to be sceptical at the idea of “importing” a sport that is completely stranger to DZ, to its climate, to its culture. Yes it is your right to support the idea of making this “sport” accessible to Algerian kids, to try something new and outlandish. Now that I know that you are actually a Hockey player, I can understand it. But, still I don’t like your claim that it will help “bladna” move forward. Likewise supporting football in DZ is not backward thinking. Actually I don’t support only football I support all team sports popular in DZ such as basketball and handball. I am not a football fan, but I like this sport, because it is truly a team sport based on strong discipline rules and because... it is so popular in Algeria. Football gave us a lot of happy moments as well as sad ones. It is strongly linked to our collective memory. Rich and poor, old and young play football in Algeria. It takes nothing to play football for kids, here. In the streets of Algiers be it in AlHarrach or in ElBiar, be it in Annaba , Setif or Tamanrasset, anyone can play football. Even if there is no grass, there is no ball, you can make one of your own and enjoy playing anywhere under the sun of Algeria.
...well as Chaouia said it is all about someone’s cup of tea... I guess.
No hard feelings SIR, I promise this would be my last post in this thread so you can keep it all for Hockey players and supporters.

...and yeah...I am far from being stuck up...

salam
NEVER FORGET GAZA - NEVER FORGIVE ZIONISTS - BOYCOTT ISRAEL

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor
Bent is willing to accept CHANGE :D

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia