- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,652 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor
Let's start a list of all the muslim soccer players out there.

I will start with Anelka

I also have some photos of him when he was in Saudi after his 3omra trip.

Attached Files

WgxUpZ6.png

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor
oh mashallah these are rare pics.
There are people with experience and people with opinions. Listen to one, smile at the other.
Posted Image

Rima

Rima
  • Girls
  • 3,392 posts

Current mood:
mashallah ...
Posted Image

Sara

Sara
  • Girls
  • 578 posts

Current mood: Bookworm
mashallah beebo , really nice photos
here's another Muslim soccer player, thierry henry who was playing for Arsenal , and this is his first "سجود شكر"

Attached Files

Rima

Rima
  • Girls
  • 3,392 posts

Current mood:
no way? is henry muslim?

Sara

Sara
  • Girls
  • 578 posts

no way? is henry muslim?

r u serious Rima ? every body knows this , even me -even though soccer is the leat of my worries-
i know another player too , he's Mohamadou Diarra , and who's playing for Real Madrid
well i guess that's all i know

Attached Files

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,652 posts

The toure family

Kolo Toure plays in Arsenal
Posted Image

YaYa Toure plays for Barcalona
Posted Image

also,

Frank Bilal Ribery who is married to an Algerian woman (they came 2 years go to Oran while we're there)
Posted Image

Lastly,

Robin Van Persie who is also married to a Moroccan woman
Posted Image

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

mate i really dont think van persie is muslim.. wallahu a3lam.

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Posted Image

how can u forget Zizouuuuuu

Rima

Rima
  • Girls
  • 3,392 posts

Current mood:
looooooooool.. well.. let me add my beautiful zizou..

Mohamed zidane.. plays for denmark or germany i think?
but his ½ egyptians ½ danish.. hmm.. he beated up his danish girlfriend 1-2 yr ago.. lol and got known bcus of it.. haha

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Rima

Rima
  • Girls
  • 3,392 posts

Current mood:

r u serious Rima ? every body knows this , even me -even though soccer is the leat of my worries-
i know another player too , he's Mohamadou Diarra , and who's playing for Real Madrid
well i guess that's all i know

Wallahi i didnt know.. lol henty is HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT.. lol but tooooo sad.. he got a gf :( and meshi labsa el khimar.. tuut tuut...

Attached File  Thierry_henry__s_Gf.jpg   16.68KB   336 downloads

Sara

Sara
  • Girls
  • 578 posts

yes Rima that was the same sentence i said when i knew this :sad:

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,652 posts

personally I have doubts about zizou being Muslim...

another player who is known to be a very good and practicing Muslim (like Anelka)

is Sevilla's and Spanish League's top scorer

Kanoute.. He has this great story, the company that is sponsoring his team is 888. A big betting company, so he told the team that he will not wear the shirt unless the 888 company gives a sum of its earnings to the Muslim families living in Africa and of course they had to do it because he is their best scorer and they need him to play.

This is him on the field
Posted Image

This is him in the mosque
Posted Image

Rima

Rima
  • Girls
  • 3,392 posts

Current mood:
OMG I LIKE HIM... is he married?

Algeriano

Algeriano
  • Members
  • 681 posts

Current mood:
kanoute is a amazin player...the guy killed real madrid in the match they won...anywyas i had no idea thiery henry was muslim..is that really true? same thing goes for van parsie? if they really are thats amazin and allah ybarek...but the rest i kne they all are...but mashallah ribbery is one practisin muslim n i didnt kno he went to my city :D
"Salvation is in Sincerity"

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:
Hengry is not muslim :wacko:

On the French team, you have Ribery (convert), Lassan Diarra, Samir Nasri, Karim Benzema, Hatem Ben Arfa, Anelka of course, etc.

demi

demi
  • Moderators
  • 1,385 posts

Current mood:
Weeell to be honest I am really disapointed from the players who announce in public that they are muslims and then on the news you hear such bad things about them. The problem is that they influence also the image of Islam in a bad way (not only their image...). Actually I didnt want to write about them here, but I also didnt want to start a new topic to make extra to make them more bad lol. Cause everyone makes mistakes, I am not saying they shall be perfect (or we shall be perfect). But especially the famous people shall know that they have a BIG responsability representing theirselves and representing Islam, cause they are "something" like ambassadors of Islam in non islamic countries...

And well I had to write something about it cause I am hearing and reading this almost everyday here Posted Image (newspapers, tv, internet ...):

Ribery: affair with minor prostitute

Benzema: same charge as Ribery

Henry: (less harmless, but also ya3nie a bit Posted Image) scoring a goal (against Ireland, qualification for WC) with his hand.

Anelka: Insulting the coach so bad, that the coach decided to suspend him from playing the WC. I dont know if he did it or not, or what the real story was about him in the World Cup, but it is shown in the media that the whole problem started by him Posted Image.

Anyway, I hope I didnt went off topic. It is still about Muslim soccer players :P .

(Work is calling :D)

Rabbi yahdiehoum wa yahdiena ajma3een (May Allah show them and all of us the right path) ameen

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

The Beauty and The Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Current mood: Cheerful
:salaam:

Ribery: affair with minor prostitute

Benzema: same charge as Ribery

I saw her picture and saw her on TV (same girl for both of them lol) and okay she did NOT look 16 at ALL and OMG she's sooo Freaking UGLY and that says a LOT cuz I really never call anyone ugly! I dnt know hw is she well known and became rich of doing this XD , and that was MANY years ago , b4 Ribery was married! not making excuses for them but just being fair cuz sometimes ppl only judge things from one side and ignore everything else. (I dnt mean u Demi , am just saying :D )

Henry: (less harmless, but also ya3nie a bit Posted Image) scoring a goal (against Ireland, qualification for WC) with his hand.

Huh?? Posted Image what does that have to do with Islam ? XD smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':S' /> , Seriously! lol , Maradona scored with his hands and so did many other players , it happens .. sometimes the ref sees them and sometimes he doesn't ''see'' them Posted Image lol , but really how does that make Islam look bad in any way ??? Posted Image I don't understand how is this ''less harmless'' since its not harmless in the first place for it to be ''less'' lol .

Anelka: Insulting the coach so bad, that the coach decided to suspend him from playing the WC. I dont know if he did it or not, or what the real story was about him in the World Cup, but it is shown in the media that the whole problem started by him Posted Image.

Are you serious ? lol , he like ALL players didn't agree with the coach once , and then a nice story was told abt it and suddenly he's bad for Islam ? smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':S' />

Hmmm am really not sure hw u're looking at this , it seems to me that even though u said no one shall be perfect u think they're supposed to be Angels lol :P

Wow this Topic was started in 2007 , and this is the first time I notice it lol Posted Image

But I do agree with Beebo though , I'm not so sure Zidan is Muslim ... Wa Allahu A3llam.

What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, insepa­rable from me. For me, prison is a place of (religious) retreat; ex­ecution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel ......

Posted Image

demi

demi
  • Moderators
  • 1,385 posts

Current mood:

I saw her picture and saw her on TV (same girl for both of them lol) and okay she did NOT look 16 at ALL and OMG she's sooo Freaking UGLY and that says a LOT cuz I really never call anyone ugly! I dnt know hw is she well known and became rich of doing this XD , and that was MANY years ago , b4 Ribery was married! not making excuses for them but just being fair cuz sometimes ppl only judge things from one side and ignore everything else. (I dnt mean u Demi , am just saying :D )

and that was MANY years ago , b4 Ribery was married!

Are you sure about this?? lol, I have read that in spring 2009, Ribery even payed for the flight of this prostitute to come to him to Munich (where he plays football at the moment). And Ribery is almost since 8 years married...

Some of the sources I found:

However, Ribery may have at least known Dehar was underage, as she celebrated her 18th birthday with him several months after they began "doing business". The two rendezvoused several times over the past year (Demi: meant is year 2009).

If found guilty the Muslim convert faces a maximum of three years in prison and a fine of up to £40,000.

Perhaps the bigger scandal here is that Ribery is married. I wonder what his wife, Wahiba Ribery thinks of this mess.

The men are all denying doing anything wrong, but a French Judge will make the final decision.

Miss Dehar, who lives in Paris, even celebrated her 18th birthday with Ribery – many months after their relationship started.

Ribery – who was sent off for a horror tackle last night playing in the Champions League semi-final against Lyon – told examining magistrates that he 'saw the girl over a number of months in 2009'.

Zahia Dehar celebrated her 18th birthday on February 28th this year. A picture taken on the day shows her celebrating it with Ribery.

According to police files, Miss Dehar started working as a prostitute in March 2008. She was making up to £20,000 a month sleeping with wide range of rich clients, especially multi-millionaire footballers.

They would fly her to destinations like Dubai, putting her up in five star hotels. She is also known to have attended European Cup football ties involving English clubs.
Detectives said Miss Dehar has cooperated fully with their enquiries, and did not face criminal charges herself.

And anyway, I dont care if he was married or not married or whatever he was... I am just speaking about the fact, that when someone says to the whole world that he/she is a muslim, then they have especially high responsability (especially famous people, who are idols for lil kids and the younger genegeration). Well even I (25 years loool) was disappointed from Ribery lol, ya3nie how would then the lil kids react ...

Huh?? what does that have to do with Islam ? XD , Seriously! lol , Maradona scored with his hands and so did many other players , it happens .. sometimes the ref sees them and sometimes he doesn't ''see'' them lol , but really how does that make Islam look bad in any way ??? I don't understand how is this ''less harmless'' since its not harmless in the first place for it to be ''less'' lol .

Ooooh, I was waiting for this answer, so I can counter very good :P , thank you :D :D :D.

OK, first of all, Maradonna is not muslim, so I don't care what he does. If he find it alright to score by cheating and then be proud of it, then it is his problem and not mine. Second, "many other players did like that" is not an argument at all :P . Ya3nie when there are players cheating and playing unfair, then I can also do that ?? XD ... And you mean when the referee doesnt see a player cheating but the whole world sees it, then it is ok. Ok lol. I dont see it like that. Henry would be a bigger hero in my opinion if he would have told the referee directly that he touched the ball with his hand unwillingly and that is why he could score... Not by cheating and be happy and at the end look what nice performance France did in the World Cup... And I think to be fair and to not cheat and to have a conscience has much to do with Islam... Or shall people just start cheating to become famous and get money ??

Are you serious ? lol , he like ALL players didn't agree with the coach once , and then a nice story was told abt it and suddenly he's bad for Islam ?

Hmmm am really not sure hw u're looking at this , it seems to me that even though u said no one shall be perfect u think they're supposed to be Angels lol

Yeees but the story doesnt come from alone WF. People are just waiting for every little or big mistake to make a story about it, to reach what ever they want to reach. This is why I am saying they shall especially take attention and take into their account, that they represent Islam and shall really think twice on everything they do.

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

The Beauty and The Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Current mood: Cheerful
:salaam:

Are you sure about this?? lol, I have read that in spring 2009, Ribery even payed for the flight of this prostitute to come to him to Munich (where he plays football at the moment). And Ribery is almost since 8 years married...

Some of the sources I found:

And anyway, I dont care if he was married or not married or whatever he was... I am just speaking about the fact, that when someone says to the whole world that he/she is a muslim, then they have especially high responsability (especially famous people, who are idols for lil kids and the younger genegeration). Well even I (25 years loool) was disappointed from Ribery lol, ya3nie how would then the lil kids react ...

Well I dnt believe everything the media says , Inna ba3tha al thanni ithem.

Ooooh, I was waiting for this answer, so I can counter very good :P , thank you :D :D :D

OK, first of all, Maradonna is not muslim, so I don't care what he does. If he find it alright to score by cheating and then be proud of it, then it is his problem and not mine. Second, "many other players did like that" is not an argument at all :P . Ya3nie when there are players cheating and playing unfair, then I can also do that ?? XD ... And you mean when the referee doesnt see a player cheating but the whole world sees it, then it is ok. Ok lol. I dont see it like that. Henry would be a bigger hero in my opinion if he would have told the referee directly that he touched the ball with his hand unwillingly and that is why he could score... Not by cheating and be happy and at the end look what nice performance France did in the World Cup... And I think to be fair and to not cheat and to have a conscience has much to do with Islam... Or shall people just start cheating to become famous and get money ??

Well you're more than welcome of course :D but also sorry in advance for messing up your ''plan'' haha :P

Even with Henry the problem is not urs not just with Maradona loool , I didn't mean it as an argument :P @ ''many players'' I meant it as in these sort of things happen , like when Ghazzel touched the ball ... he obviously didn't mean or want to lol . And no u misunderstood again , when I said the 'ref didn't see them' I was being sarcastic cuz the refs seem to choose when to ''watch'' the game (if you notice I said ''see'' them not see in the post you quoted).
Henry is a football player not the Prophet so he's not going to be perfect or give the best image of Islam in the world! so u can't really argue abt this lol . For your Info after the ref counts the goal (which happens very fast) he can't take it back even if they do find out it was a wrong one , so it doesn't effect the result , plus again he's just a football player XD

People are already cheating to become famous and get money and they have been doing it since the beginning of times (doesn't mean it Okay or acceptable but u were asking the question as if it doesn't happen everyday lol) , but you can't say he's a cheater cuz you don't know for sure that he did it on purpose therefor you can't go around saying he is. am not defending these guys , I'm not even a fan of any of them lol , but what's right is right.

Yeees but the story doesnt come from alone WF. People are just waiting for every little or big mistake to make a story about it, to reach what ever they want to reach. This is why I am saying they shall especially take attention and take into their account, that they represent Islam and shall really think twice on everything they do.

Who do you think you're talking abt ? lol , they are just football players and don't represent Islam in any way! XD Ya3nnie now when they cut and beat themselves up in Iran and shi3a countries we shall say they represent Islam ?? no they represent themselves and no one else!

Islam does not need football players or random ppl to represent it , if we were talking abt scholars , Imams , scientists etc.. then yeah but these guys ? I'm not saying ALL football players are the same but come on!

Only Allah (swt) can Judge them , us and everyone else!