• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

Arabiian

Arabiian
  • Members
  • 275 posts

Current mood:
:D

Okay so I know this thread has probably been done a million times before, but I'm going to post it anyway! smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

What do you all do with yourselves? Where are you staying? Where do you see yourself in 5years etc?

It'd be nice to 'know' you all a little more smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
Vive L'Algérie!!

Rima

Rima
  • Girls
  • 3,392 posts

Current mood:
Allright allright..

Well, i'm Rima from Copenhagen. I'm ½ Algerian(mum) ½ Iraqi(dad).
I was born in Blida (40 km from capital of algeria)..
for the moment im trying my luck in business branche, im studying administration and im going to work for office with selling n administrating appertements ect.. it's a good branche in DK and i like it though smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> ... well so far , lol..

emm.. I love watching myself in the mirror for hours i kinda relax... lol.. :blush: okey i m so bad in talking abt ma self..
but i ll think abt this some more..

next 1-2 yrs i ll be working on a sa7r for zidan to get divorced and fall in love in me.. so in 5 yrs.. i ll be married with Zidane and having his 10 kids :D
girls, i will put his kids on ebay, u better bid good ;)

... will be continued....
Posted Image

myriame

myriame
  • Girls
  • 1,189 posts

Current mood:
hey, so im 17 and im 100% algerian :D :D. i live in Canada, Ontario.. still in high school, last year inshallah , where do i see myself in 5 years? i wish i could say but i'm not quite sure.. its bound to change so.. :P

:D
"You can't separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom"- Malcom X

Amethyst

Amethyst
  • Girls
  • 714 posts

Current mood:
HELLOOO...i'm 19 from Canada too...2nd year university..in 5 years i see myself alone in an island relaxing:P "i wish"..ohh n obviously am algerian :dance:

Amoula

Amoula
  • Girls
  • 148 posts

Current mood:
Hey there....okay i am Amal. I am a 21 year old Algerian girl...studying English in Algeria. its my last year inshallah . I have spent most of my life moving i have lived in the uk, saudia and now Algeria. I changed schools soo much until i got pretty sick of it. in five years time ermmm i really dont know where i see myself .
When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us

Sara

Sara
  • Girls
  • 578 posts

Current mood: Bookworm
hey , and welcome to the forum Chula :D .Well ,i'm Sara, 19 years old, i'm studying English in Algeria,and whre do i see maself in five years? hopefully alive ,but if u ever hear that i died then don't forget me in ur prayers :D

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor
haha thanks for this Chula.. I guess its good so anyone new can come and take a look at this to know more about the members..

I am Habeeb 23 years old and currently living in Singapore. I was born in Makkah Saudi Arabia and lived there for 13 years then I moved to Vancouver Canada. I finished one degree (electrical and computer engineering) and I am doing my second degree in (software engineering).

I am a football (soccer) freak... I play in Singapore's 1st division (amateur), watch and (used to coach little kids)

I see myself in 5 years, inshallah married (with a kid hopefully) and working either in Europe or the Gulf.

WgxUpZ6.png

Algeriano

Algeriano
  • Members
  • 681 posts

Current mood:
interestin topic...well u all know me...the name is youcef...im 20...handsome young algerian NORMAL man...lol...livin also in canada...after i traveled around europe...lived in germany when i was younger...im just finishin up few courses for uni to do electrical engineerin inchallah...im also kinda lik a soccer(football) freak...i play football(soccer)lol when eva i get a chance...neva get tired of it....its in our blood i guess...right beebo ;) ...anyways in the next 5 yrs inchallah i hope to still be alive and hopefully done my first degree and i plan to get married after that smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> ....then live happily after lol
"Salvation is in Sincerity"

GazelleDZ

GazelleDZ
  • Girls
  • 18 posts

Current mood:

Sahitou, Salaam, azul, bonjour, hello

Cyber introductions are rather nebulous, but here are a few things about me:

I am all Algérienne according to my friends despite the fact that I was born to a Kabyle mother and a British father many, many years ago and have not seen the bled for a zillion years. Having been abandonned by both mother and father, it took me almost half a life-time to to find my identity, but al hemdoulillah it was returned to me in unexpected ways.

My passion is Algeria, which grows stronger as I grow older. It has taken me many years to find my roots and I am still searching for them. This has been an adventure, as well as a labor of love.

Belatedly,
Saha eidkoum

PS It is Bousaada:)

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor
Welcome to the forum GazelleDZ. It sad news that you had a tough upbringing but inshallah give us a chance to make you part of this forum where you will feel appreciated as all of us do. I hope you can give us an insight of your story in more detail some day because it is a rather odd one where the mother is algerian and the father is english. usually it's the other way round.

again, welcome.
There are people with experience and people with opinions. Listen to one, smile at the other.
Posted Image

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor
salam GazelleDZ,

I am honored to have you join us in our small, yet loving forum where everyone here is family. We hope that you will be part of that family as we would love, as Fatony said, to hear your story and share your insights and what you learned with us.

Welcome and I hope you will love it here.

My name is Habib and I am from Vancouver Canada.

GazelleDZ

GazelleDZ
  • Girls
  • 18 posts

Current mood:

Welcome to the forum GazelleDZ. It sad news that you had a tough upbringing but inshallah give us a chance to make you part of this forum where you will feel appreciated as all of us do. I hope you can give us an insight of our story in more detail some day because it is a rather odd one where the mother is algerian and the father is english. usually it's the other way round.

again, welcome.

Merci & Bark Allah Fik, Fatony for your kind welcome.

Actually it is not as odd as you think to have an Algerian mother and a non-Algerian father; it does happen-particularly for those of us born years before Independence. I have come across others who have an Algerian mother and a 'roumi' father-but it is rare tp come across them. Yes, my story is full of details -long and circuitous and somewhat tortured...but, no matter what, it was maktoub that I find my algérienne identity and Islam. That is what is important.

Merci encore for your kind words.

GazelleDZ

GazelleDZ
  • Girls
  • 18 posts

Current mood:

salam GazelleDZ,

I am honored to have you join us in our small, yet loving forum where everyone here is family. We hope that you will be part of that family as we would love, as Fatony said, to hear your story and share your insights and what you learned with us.

Welcome and I hope you will love it here.

My name is Habib and I am from Vancouver Canada.

Bark Allah Fik, Habib, and merci for your welcome and kind words.

Someday perhaps I will share some of my story with you of the group, but for now it is better that I get a feel for who you are as people. What I can share is that nothing is kept from one if Allah wants it known-thus my discovery of my Algerian roots despite the fact that others tried desparately to ensure that I would never know. As the Sufis say: What is neant for one is given to them, and what is not meant for them, they will never have. Man/woman may well propose, but Allah disposes:)!

Another isnight I can share is that recent studies have shown that genetics account for much more than physical features-something I knew long before having loved anything Mediterranean-food, people, sights, sounds, etc. from early childhood-one spent in the west far from the bled. My two best friends always tell me, that in many ways, I am more Algerian than they; or, in the words of one: my heart is green, white and a little red. It is from my mother that I inherited my usually sunny Algerian disposition and early childhood memories of places in the bled. I don't remember her (or my father), but I do remember scenes...and much later on someone brought photos to me of two of those places...places that I had searched for well into my adulthood in all of my travels. Through the blessings of the internet I have found other sights to confirm those memories I carried for so many years, al hemdoulillah!

As for your residence in Vancouver, do give my bonjour to Canada. I lived in Toronto for five years in the late 60s & early 70s, and was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to travel to almost all of the provinces. Vancouver is a lovely city and Canada will always have a pecial place in my heart.

Merci encore,

Rima

Rima
  • Girls
  • 3,392 posts

Current mood:
mashallah 3lik sister gazelle, it's a honor to have u with us as my brothers fatony and beebo already said..
i am sure we can learn much from one an other, and hope to read more of ur posts..
ps im rima from copenhagen.

bentAljazair

bentAljazair
  • Girls
  • 989 posts

Current mood:
Dear Gazelle DZ

Welcome in this forum madam. The little you said about yourself and your history with your Algerian identity moved me so much.
I hope you will feel home with us here and we will succeed to convey to you a bit of Algeria…your country.

May Allah bless you.
salam
NEVER FORGET GAZA - NEVER FORGIVE ZIONISTS - BOYCOTT ISRAEL

GazelleDZ

GazelleDZ
  • Girls
  • 18 posts

Current mood:

Dear Gazelle DZ

Welcome in this forum madam. The little you said about yourself and your history with your Algerian identity moved me so much.
I hope you will feel home with us here and we will succeed to convey to you a bit of Algeria…your country.

May Allah bless you.
salam

Salaam daughter of the bled,

Thank you for your encouraging words which touched my heart. El Dezair Biladi:)! Inch'Allah I will be able to go home with my Kh'ti in 2008 to see the bled with my own eyes instead of from photos, books and the internet-to see the places and cities and villages who's names I know by heart and their locations which are in a map also in my heart: tlemcen, djanet, hassi messaoud, azzefoun, alger, bordj bou arreridj, tassili, oran, ghardaia, bejaia, nedroma, tizi ouzou, cheaumeaux, horses, fennecs, and gazelles:)-and oh so much more! to see the land of Massinissa, Kahina, El Kader, Assia Djebar, Mohammed Racim, Mojammed Dib, la bataile d'Alger, Tigzirt sur Mer, the mediterranean, les cascades d'ourit, chréa, Tikdja (buried under mounds of snow), the grand ergs, Timimoun...The east, west, north and the south of it...to visith the grave of the father in law who never knew I was married to his son but who none the less taught me the true Islam and of al Ghazali and Averroes and the mouqadima and St. Augustine...Allah yarhemou!

Merci encore. And may Allah keep you between his hands.

GazelleDZ

GazelleDZ
  • Girls
  • 18 posts

Current mood:

mashallah 3lik sister gazelle, it's a honor to have u with us as my brothers fatony and beebo already said..
i am sure we can learn much from one an other, and hope to read more of ur posts..
ps im rima from copenhagen.

Chere Rima of Copenhagen,

Merci for your kind words of welcome. Tu es trés gentile. You are the second Algerian I have come in contact with who resides in Copenhagen. Jamais deux sans trois...so I wonder if there is a third:).

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor
Gazelle you named all the beautiful places :D .. but if I was you, I would avoid Alger and get on with the journey ;)

Rima

Rima
  • Girls
  • 3,392 posts

Current mood:

Chere Rima of Copenhagen,

Merci for your kind words of welcome. Tu es trés gentile. You are the second Algerian I have come in contact with who resides in Copenhagen. Jamais deux sans trois...so I wonder if there is a third:).

lol i wonder who that is lol..
btw we have the same name.. my name has ur name's meaning smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

GazelleDZ

GazelleDZ
  • Girls
  • 18 posts

Current mood:

Gazelle you named all the beautiful places :D .. but if I was you, I would avoid Alger and get on with the journey ;)

Saha Fatony,

Merci pour votre advis, mais....my father in law is buried in Alger-El Alia- near other dignitaries, so I cannot go around the city of white. He was fromerly Rector of the University of Alger, formerly Minister of culture & tourism and at his death head of the High Islamic Concil; so avoiding Alger La Blanche would be impossible! Besides, my kh'ti and other best friend have realtives in the city-another reason I would need to visit the capital.

(As for his eldest son, well, suffice it to say that he was a wretch! Al hemdoulillah we are no longer married-not for many years. However, it was the same wretch who introduced me to Isalm-by threatening me with dire consequences if I dared touch his Qurán!-nice guy he wasn't and brought the photos wich held the places I held in my head from childhood-so, out of chaos came much benefit)

I am not sure I would categorize Hassi Messaoud as one of Algeria's beautiful places, but I fell in love with its name long years before I was disappointed to find that it was a dusty grey place of pipelines and oil/gas fumes :( ....