106 replies to this topic

bentAljazair

bentAljazair
  • Girls
  • 989 posts

Current mood:
Dear Gazelle Dz

Don’t listen to Fatony.
Algiers is a beautiful city for those who visit it with their heart. I am sure you will enjoy visiting the city that tells the history of our people in every street, every path of it.
I really hope you can manage to visit all the cities you mentioned, but yes Hassi Messaoud is not exactly a nice place to visit. In the south better go to Ghardaia, Biskra, ElOued, Timimoun, Janet, Tamanarasset…

Nice to know that you take positively the wounds of your past. May God reward you in the future and surround you with goodwill people.

salam
NEVER FORGET GAZA - NEVER FORGIVE ZIONISTS - BOYCOTT ISRAEL

Rima

Rima
  • Girls
  • 3,392 posts

Current mood:
:offtopic:
Posted Image

GazelleDZ

GazelleDZ
  • Girls
  • 18 posts

Current mood:

Wait till the new city is built.

Just one suggestion Gazelle, don't expect much from visiting DZ so that u r positively surprised when u see smth fab and not disappointed if/when u don't like it smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Saha Ithri,

I see we have at least one rabat joie in the crowd...It is a pity that you don't spend more emergy encouraging us to seek the good of the bled rather than the energy you utilize to to disparage...ah well. you cannot discourage me amd my quest....Algeria sings in my heart and her bloodlines course through me veins...As my father in law would remind all: Algerie: terre du contrastes/terre de
beauté smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> ! (and double for most Algerians, who for the moist part are the best of the Mafhreb!)

GazelleDZ

GazelleDZ
  • Girls
  • 18 posts

Current mood:

Dear Gazelle Dz

Don’t listen to Fatony.
Algiers is a beautiful city for those who visit it with their heart. I am sure you will enjoy visiting the city that tells the history of our people in every street, every path of it.
I really hope you can manage to visit all the cities you mentioned, but yes Hassi Messaoud is not exactly a nice place to visit. In the south better go to Ghardaia, Biskra, ElOued, Timimoun, Janet, Tamanarasset…

Nice to know that you take positively the wounds of your past. May God reward you in the future and surround you with goodwill people.

salam

Chère daughter of Algeria,

Perhaps Fatony has had bad experiences with Alger, or is visited with the ghosts of Heathcliff and Cathy who wander the moors of Yorkshire; but I am sure he had good intentions.

If I had listed all the places in the bled that I wish to see, there would be no room for future posts-from any one:)! Miss TamTam? No way José!

As for the wounds of my past, I had the choice to let them fester and become bitter, or to allow them to heal and seek better; al hemdoulillah I chose the latter. Besides, one or two bad apples shouldn't be allowed to spoil a barrel of the sweeter ones laying underneath:)!

Saalam a toi

GazelleDZ

GazelleDZ
  • Girls
  • 18 posts

Current mood:

Rima, it is not a 100% off-topic since we're still welcoming Gazelle, who apparently doesn't want to go outside this thread :P
Gazelle,

I guess u mis-understood me. I am not a rabat-joie and certainly not when it comes to DZ smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
When I suggested u don't expect too much, I did so because I am not considering you as a foreigner who wants to visit a new, probably exotic, place; but rather as a DZ woman who is nostalgic about a place she only saw in pictures and who's probably expecting smth.
This somehow idealizes things -which your words tend to prove, see you use words (terre du contraste etc) one would find in tourism flyers- and could lead to disappointments.
My words were just there to tell u that the country is really different from whatever u saw in pictures and not everything looks great.
They are in noway a discouragement or a disparaging energy smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
Having said that, let me confirm that every inch of DZ is wonderful (no sarcasm here), so yeah go ahead and take your friends with u. Isn't that an encouraging effort? :P

Saha Ithri,

It was my father in law who used terre du contrastes to very accurately describe the bled-her land, her people and yes, even her politics!...it was accurate then and is accurate now and is just a fact about Algeria and her people and hardly "idealistic"...Would you prefer I write in the the bleakness of Yasmina Khadra? If one reads him, one would never take one step inside the bled...and certainly not venture to Alger. He has nothing redemptive to say...only negatives:(

Don't worry, I am hardly naive or unmidnful of what has been happening at home, but those things do not destroy unless people allow them to do so.

Rima

Rima
  • Girls
  • 3,392 posts

Current mood:
Lol c'est vrais what brother ithri said..
It's true that Algeria has the most beautiful nature ever, but let us remember that it also has some dirty ppl living there..
or ppls that doesnt care about the beauty of Algeria..

it's very sad, but thats the reality smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Between you didn't mention Blida. .. YOu should think about it since you are going to be in Algier.. Here is some pictures for You http://forum.e-dz.co...c=1674&hl=Chrea

Also i would like to ask you what part in algeria are you from? And how is it going with studying derja smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> ?

GazelleDZ

GazelleDZ
  • Girls
  • 18 posts

Current mood:

Lol c'est vrais what brother ithri said..
It's true that Algeria has the most beautiful nature ever, but let us remember that it also has some dirty ppl living there..
or ppls that doesnt care about the beauty of Algeria..

it's very sad, but thats the reality smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Between you didn't mention Blida. .. YOu should think about it since you are going to be in Algier.. Here is some pictures for You http://forum.e-dz.co...c=1674&hl=Chrea

Also i would like to ask you what part in algeria are you from? And how is it going with studying derja smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> ?

Saha Rima,

There are good, bad and worse people in every location-whether in DZ or otherwise. However, one can always avoid the bad and the worse and move on to the good...one finds what one searches for and sees what one wants..that is human nature. Reality and truth are dependent upon one's perceptions and perspectives-and their level of understanding. Alger has her beauty and her cesspools-all cities do. (There are sections of Washington DC that I would avoid like the plague-spots one will never see in a carte postale or in a group of photos; never the less they are there...)

Thanks for the links, which I will check out later.

My mother was from Azzefoun; as the scenes in my head from childhood are of Tizi Ouzou's environs, I believe I was born near there...other memories are of pre-independence Alger...which is another reason I must go to the capital.

As for Chréa ...my former husband sent me a post-card of Chréa which captured a lone skier swooshing down a hill on one of his trips home ...It was the first scene I ever saw of the bled-well, at least at that time...that was many many years ago; I want to see Tikjda buried in the snow:)! I'd happily spend a winter there in its solitude ...making steamy pots of chorba, etc. in a huge kettle hanging above the fireplace.

Dardja and I are slowly recognizing one another...al hemdoulillah for my two dearest friends here in the US who can help me with it when they have the time, and now for Fatony's lessons. Any plans to add some of the Berber languages of the bled?

Kind regards,

Rima

Rima
  • Girls
  • 3,392 posts

Current mood:
smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> yes glad to know you are openminded smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

U mean like berber derja? huh, that's gonna be hard.. the only one i know speaks berber is ithri..

gaïa38

gaïa38
  • Girls
  • 24 posts

Current mood:
hy ,GazelleDZ,
i don't know if i'm too late to see you "huge welcome" i'm a new member too, but i can tell you that they are kind,all of them, and i'm sur you'll enjoy this forum, it what hapens to me.. :wub: .... so me i'm ASMA i'm from constantine, i was born, lived there until my 20th ears old, now i'm spendin' my 21st years old in france....lol... i'm studin' computer scince, it's my 4th year....so good luck by the way " et à une autre" ;)

SIDALI

SIDALI
  • Members
  • 210 posts

Current mood:

Saha Fatony,

Merci pour votre advis, mais....my father in law is buried in Alger-El Alia- near other dignitaries, so I cannot go around the city of white. He was fromerly Rector of the University of Alger, formerly Minister of culture & tourism and at his death head of the High Islamic Concil; so avoiding Alger La Blanche would be impossible! Besides, my kh'ti and other best friend have realtives in the city-another reason I would need to visit the capital.

This man has to be Mouloud kacim nait belkacim allah yerahmou, am I right?

SIDALI

SIDALI
  • Members
  • 210 posts

Current mood:
Here is me.

100 % Algerian 29 years old guy as fatony says I'm an old man lol, my name is sidali, lived in Algiers most of my life even if I don't remember any summer without travelling, studied at the famous bab ezzouar univeristy " computer science" went over the 5 years there everybody talks about, I don't think these were the worst years of life as people say, Indeed it was hard with : strikes, bombs,....exams...etc, but looking backward I guess these were the best years.

Then i worked in a couple of international companies the reason why I travelled a lot (the most famous was djezzy ya el mekrizi hahaha), then I lived sometime in Germany, Romania.. and now I'm in Toronto still working In IT as always... what I like : everything halal, what I hate : everything haram....

Where do I see myself in 5 years: back to Algeria with a lot of experience....and find a person who loves me.

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor
inshallah ya Chansky.. we wish you the best too ya kho. 29 and not married, you're pushing it ya jeddek. :D Check with your brothers there, they might hook you up wth an algerienne quebeqoise ou riyah tranquil :D
There are people with experience and people with opinions. Listen to one, smile at the other.
Posted Image

SIDALI

SIDALI
  • Members
  • 210 posts

Current mood:

inshallah ya Chansky.. we wish you the best too ya kho. 29 and not married, you're pushing it ya jeddek. :D Check with your brothers there, they might hook you up wth an algerienne quebeqoise ou riyah tranquil :D

It's very rare to find those algerienne quebecoise and harder to find the brothers, the only brothers i have here will hoock me up with a pakistani girl and you know I don't wanna spend the rest of my life eating the Beriani...lol

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

:lol: chicken beryani

Algeriano

Algeriano
  • Members
  • 681 posts

Current mood:
hahaha u guys know biryani 2.....that was halirious chansky....i guess its true...and man their food is spicy..so good luck with that....but honestly bro if ur lookin for one...theres plenty in mtl if not then check in france..other then that...check bled but be careful...besa7 rabi yfaraj inchallah
"Salvation is in Sincerity"

Azie

Azie
  • Girls
  • 880 posts

Current mood:

:lol: chicken beryani

loooooooolll

chansy we3lah machi dzayrya?!! she can learn to make it for u??
I want to die with My forehead on the ground... The sunnah in my heart...Allah on my mind...Quran on my tongue...And tears in my eyes

shoshoelnosho

shoshoelnosho
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Current mood:
well, What about me?

i'm Shaima'a from Egypt , 18 years old , i'm in the 2nd year of education faculty major English...

i'm honored to join ur family , i hope to have a nice time with u
i was born in Emirates , and i spent about 12 years there, then i moved to my country Egypt...

i'm engaged , in 5 years i'll get married and have kids isa , however , i still donnu if he's mr right or not? but i take it easy and don't care about that matter, by the time everything will be clear to me , i'm so related with my studies , i love english so much, i hope to have a successful life in business , and in marriage too...

i noticed that there ain't no body here from egypt , the most are algerian, and it's so nice , cuz till now i've never known any algerian...
i hope to be friends and be in touch.......
by the way, u'r so nice characters , i've read most of yours...

Actually , i'm so happy to join u , i hope to get better in eng , i'm not good like u in english , and i want to practise it to be fluent ...so help me with ur informations....

hope u always fine and better , :wub:bye

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

ahlan. wa marhaban to the forums Shaima. Glad you are among us sister. You are indeed the first Egyptian here. But it doesn't matter, we all north africans and muslims at the end of the day. alhamdulilah.

your name is funny too :D ... Stick aorund sis, you'll learn enough english to help you in what ever you wanna do with your life :D. enjoy

Rima

Rima
  • Girls
  • 3,392 posts

Current mood:

i noticed that there ain't no body here from egypt , the most are algerian, and it's so nice , cuz till now i've never known any algerian...
i hope to be friends and be in touch.......
by the way, u'r so nice characters , i've read most of yours...

Welcome:) well don't feel like u are an outsider.. lol i'm half iraqi myself.. smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> so hamdullah i am happy that u like our forum.. what a special member mashalah..
Allah ykamelelkom be alf kheir ow baraka nchallah smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

♥JaNNaH♥

♥JaNNaH♥

Honorary Algerian

• Moderators
  • 5,092 posts

Current mood:
:welcom: salam sister,
sorry for the late welcome, I saw you up in the shoutbox talking to fatony, hope you already feel at home sweetheart. I've worked with egyptions before now smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> Fi Amanallah
Truly, to Allaah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return

Posted Image