- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Devilish

Devilish
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Current mood:
Would you ever date a jew and try to convert them into Islam?

Arabiian

Arabiian
  • Members
  • 275 posts

Current mood:
This is for the males right?
Vive L'Algérie!!

Devilish

Devilish
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Current mood:
And the females sister.

Arabiian

Arabiian
  • Members
  • 275 posts

Current mood:
Okay...

No, that would be a sin.

Devilish

Devilish
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Current mood:
To convert someone into Islam is a sin?

Arabiian

Arabiian
  • Members
  • 275 posts

Current mood:
No, for a female to date a Jew.

..And they'd be reverts, no?

Devilish

Devilish
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Current mood:
Hold on a hot minute sister. Your hijab is clearly on too tight. How come a female can not convert or revert a bloodclaat jew but a male could?

Arabiian

Arabiian
  • Members
  • 275 posts

Current mood:

Hold on a hot minute sister. Your hijab is clearly on too tight. How come a female can not convert or revert a bloodclaat jew but a male could?

:rolleyes:

Okay your original question was..

Would you ever date a jew and try to convert them into Islam?

Key word being DATE.

For a female to date a non-Muslim man is a grave sin imo, she would be acting against the weight of the consensus.
The Quran has expressly mentioned the prohibition of marriage between a Muslim man/woman with a polytheist person.

As far as the marriage between a Muslim man/woman and a Christian or a Jewish person is concerned, the Quran has expressly allowed marriage between a Muslim man and a Jewish/Christian woman but has not given any express directives regarding marriage between a Muslim woman and a Jewish/Christian man.

The silence on this issue leads me to believe there is disapproval of the matter.

Devilish

Devilish
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Current mood:

For a female to date a non-Muslim man is a grave sin imo, she would be acting against the weight of the consensus.
The Quran has expressly mentioned the prohibition of marriage between a Muslim man/woman with a polytheist person.

As far as the marriage between a Muslim man/woman and a Christian or a Jewish person is concerned, the Quran has expressly allowed marriage between a Muslim man and a Jewish/Christian woman but has not given any express directives regarding marriage between a Muslim woman and a Jewish/Christian man.

The silence on this issue leads me to believe there is disapproval of the matter.

This is the problem with Algerian Women today. One word i said.... Date.. and bam... you talk about marriage.

Just because the Quran says its cool for a Muslim man and a Jewish/Christian woman to get it on does not mean it is not for our fellow sisters as well. Surely in the eyes of Allah we are all equal?

Arabiian

Arabiian
  • Members
  • 275 posts

Current mood:
Dating and marriage are similar, if you're not allowed to marry someone for whatever reason, you wouldn't be allowed to date them either surely ?? :rolleyes:

Surely, if it was for the sisters also, it would have been mentioned.. If you date/marry someone of a different religion then you as a female (wife/wifey) take their status no? (Just like the females take the mans name) so we'd be denouncing our faith no??

Just like the E-DZ daily reminder said the other day, we know wrong from right, anything in between we should stay away from. There's nothing that says it's okay, so we'd be better off steering clear.

Devilish

Devilish
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Current mood:

Dating and marriage are similar, if you're not allowed to marry someone for whatever reason, you wouldn't be allowed to date them either surely ?? :rolleyes:

Surely, if it was for the sisters also, it would have been mentioned.. If you date/marry someone of a different religion then you as a female (wife/wifey) take their status no? (Just like the females take the mans name) so we'd be denouncing our faith no??

Just like the E-DZ daily reminder said the other day, we know wrong from right, anything in between we should stay away from. There's nothing that says it's okay, so we'd be better off steering clear.

I hear you to the fullest sistren.

However, who defines who you are to marry or date other then yourself? Also, i can't see why a female has to be the one to take a mans status. If your faith is big inna your heart then why can't you as a solider of islam be the one to take your religeon to a man and guide him to the truth?

We as sisters need to start making the guys denounce there bumboclaat faith and stop all this crap just because a man is a man? Lets burn our bra's.

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor
Devilish is a female? nobody told me loool!

Look Devilish. Things that are mentioned in the Quran are not questionable. They are there for us to believe in them as stated. Those words are the words of Allah, so going against them is going against your creator and that can lead to a very major problem.

Now, the wisdome behind this is DATING in islam as a whole is not allowed. A man and a woman who are non-mahram to each other cannot be alone together. So boyfriend girlfriend is forbidden.

Secondly, Allah swt has allowed the men to marry from the people of the book, i.e. from the jews and christians. However, what's recommended in the Quran that a muslim man should not choose a jewish woman over a muslim woman. In a way, a muslim woman has priority.

Thirdly, the children that are born usually follow the religion of their father, they take their father's last name and they get involved a lot with the activities that the father does. So therefore, for what's aforementioned a muslim woman cannot marry a non-muslim person because her children would end up following the religion of their father. Islam is here to expand and spread. If every muslim woman married a christian there would be no muslims left.

Now, if you are a female and a jew at work showed an interest in you or liked the way you dress etc... Speak to that person (in the office) and let him know that the way you are is because of your religion and Islam is not just a religion but a way of life. This might trigger something in that person's head and might have some questions. So what you are doing then is you are giving da'wa.

Now that that person is interested, that's when you drop the bomb and say, look x, I cannot date you or see you because islamically I am not allowed to marry or show an interest in a non-muslim person and it would be better if future questions are directed to our imam who has better knowledge than me. (give him imam's number).

If he became a muslim and took shahadah, Allah ybarek, you can go ahead and marry him I don't see a problem with that but if he didn't....it ends there!
There are people with experience and people with opinions. Listen to one, smile at the other.
Posted Image

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor
p.s. am moving this to the religion section.

Arabiian

Arabiian
  • Members
  • 275 posts

Current mood:

I hear you to the fullest sistren.

However, who defines who you are to marry or date other then yourself? Also, i can't see why a female has to be the one to take a mans status. If your faith is big inna your heart then why can't you as a solider of islam be the one to take your religeon to a man and guide him to the truth?

We as sisters need to start making the guys denounce there bumboclaat faith and stop all this crap just because a man is a man? Lets burn our bra's.

If your faith is 'big inna' your heart, you wouldn't want to do these things sister, which is why I personally chose not to.. We define who we marry/date.. It may be mentioned in the Quran but it is still our choice as to what we do, which imo defines what typeof people we are. Surely you could take your religion to a man and guide him to the truth, but that's nothing to do with dating etc.

Let's not burn our bra's.. lol they are helping us.

(Well said Fatony)

Rima

Rima
  • Girls
  • 3,392 posts

Current mood:

(Just like the females take the mans name) so we'd be denouncing our faith no??

I'm not 100% sure about this, but i think a muslima should keep her father's name & is not allowed to have husband's name..
correct me if i'm wrong... & I KNOW very very few ppl keep their father name, but what i know is that it's haram and allaho a3lam..
Posted Image

Ithri

Ithri

Mnarvi-DZ

• Members
  • 1,191 posts

Current mood:

I'm not 100% sure about this, but i think a muslima should keep her father's name & is not allowed to have husband's name..
correct me if i'm wrong... & I KNOW very very few ppl keep their father name, but what i know is that it's haram and allaho a3lam..

Hmm no Rima. That's not correct. (imagine then all of us are committing haram)

What is haram is for a man or a woman to b called to someone else other than their father. I mean saying that they r son or daughter of somebody who's not their real father.

And thanx Fatony for your reply.
I was reading Chula's replies mentioning dating non-muslims and thought my b ppl could think that dating muslims was ok... You cleared things up
Un homme se leva et demanda permission d'appeler les fidèles à la prière.
Permission lui fût donnée:
- Vous pouvez les appeler, tant que vous les appelez à Dieu et non à vous-même.
- Mais comment saurais-je la différence?
- Si ça vous dérange que quelqu'un d'autre les appelle à Dieu, c'est que vous les appelez à vous-même.

Algeriano

Algeriano
  • Members
  • 681 posts

Current mood:
i agree with ithri...i mean if u look at the names from the time of sahaba...u dont see them callin a boy by his moms name its always the fathers name. and for the response to devilish question...i think fatony did a good job at makin it clear.
"Salvation is in Sincerity"

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor
Good stuff Fatony, I would like to add that According to some scholars: they say that marrying a girl who is Christian or Jewish is only applicable if you are living in a Muslim country or society. This is because her influence on the kids wouldn't be great since they would be adapting to the society.

WgxUpZ6.png

^_^Chaouia^_^

^_^Chaouia^_^
  • Girls
  • 3,647 posts

Current mood: Woot!
Date, no I wouldn't, try to convert? yes well I would let them know the simularities and differances, in long run they are not much differant then us. We should always try to educate others about Islam.

As far as a man marring a Jewish women yes, but have a question for you on the Christians, when it is stated people of the book, this is when Christians were worshiping one God, now they have changed the Bible, pray to statues of Mary and Jesus and say Jesus is the son of God, isn't that being a pagan which in all means is haram in Islam and who do this will never see Jenna? Would that also make you a follower of a pagan knowing it's wrong? so are the now a day Christians still " people of the books of Allah?"
TamattuT nnegh machi ghir i waghrom
Tattali zang u yis wa Traffed' agastur."
The shawi woman isn't just for house work
She rides the horse and carries a sword.

SIDALI

SIDALI
  • Members
  • 210 posts

Current mood:

there is no haram or halal here, not every thing is subject to the halal or haram, family names are given to a family not to a father i guess there is no such thig as : first name and father's name, i know first and family name, so it can't be haram because someone think it is, or just because everything not good is haram. Exactly as teh khourchouf is not tasty but not haram lol,
If we are inheritating what the french have given us it's not our fault and t doesn't mean haram because it's just from them, and this now became 3ourf or habit between people, and the 3ourf is very respected in islam.
Ibn and bint abou.... in time of propher was 3ourf before he was born, and he never said this was good , haram or halal. so Indeed you are wrong here sister