- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

- Mohammed

- Mohammed
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Current mood:

The head of Egypt's army has given a TV address, announcing that President Mohammed Morsi is no longer in office.

Gen Abdul Fattah al-Sisi said the constitution had been suspended and the chief justice of the constitutional court would take on Mr Morsi's powers.

Flanked by religious and opposition leaders, Gen Sisi said Mr Morsi had "failed to meet the demands of the Egyptian people".

Anti-Morsi protesters in Cairo gave a huge cheer in response to the speech.

Source BBC NEWS.

• eve likes this
A day spent without learning is a day wasted

eve

eve
  • Girls
  • 363 posts

Current mood: Goofy Contributor

salam

One word: Propaganda.

Posted Image

eve

eve
  • Girls
  • 363 posts

salam

I found this on facebook

سجل يا تاريخ إشهد يا زمان

الجيش المصري يصبر على مبارك 18 يوما وسط سقوط مئات المعارضين ويصبر على مرسي 48 ساعه مع سقوط عشرات المؤيدين !
سجل يا تاريخ
الديوان الملكي السعودي لا يعلق على ثوره 25 يناير حتى الأن ويكي أول المهنئين بعد ساعه من إنقلاب يونيو !

سجل يا تاريخ
الإمارات تقف ضد مصر وإستقرارها بعد سقوط مبارك وتأمر بدعم مصر بالبنزين والسولار ومقاسمتها قوتها بعد سقوط الشرعيه المنتخبه !
سجل يا تاريخ
مبارك وجنوده يظلون شهور طلقاء بعد سقوط نظامهم بينما يتم القبض على مرسي وأعوانه قبل إعلان الإنقلاب عليهم !
سجل ياتاريخ
فضلنا شهور بعد ثوره 25 يناير نطالب بسقوط النظام بعد سقوط رموزه ولا نجد الأن رموز لإسقاطها بعد مرسي !
سجل ياتاريخ
الجيش يعجز عن تأمين البلد خلال سنتين ونصف ويقوم بتأمين البلد خلال ساعتين ونصف فقط !
سجل يا تاريخ
شيخ الأزهر يفتي بحرمانيه الخروج على الحاكم في 25 يناير ويشارك في بيان عزل مرسي في 30 يونيو حفاظا على السلم العام !
سجل ياتاريخ
البابا حينما كان أنبا يمنع نزول الناس في 25 يناير ويشارك في بيان الإنقلاب في 30 يونيو !
سجل ياتاريخ
التليفزيون المصري كان بيصور الكباري والشارع والنيل في 25 يناير وبث مباشر من التحرير في 30 يونيو !
إعلاميين وفنانين العار يصوتوا بالبكاء على مبارك ويهللوا رقصا و فرحا على خيانه مرسي !
سجل ياتاريخ
الفلول لا يستطيعون دخول ميدان التحرير وهم مسلحون وعلى ظهر الخيول والجمال ويدخلون في 30 يونيو على ظهر المغفلين !!!!
حسبنا الله سينصرنا ويكفينا

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

The Beauty and The Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Current mood: Cheerful

:salaam:

He got what he deserved! I am glad the Egyptian Army did that. And I hate how some people are acting as if he's a prophet or his fall means the fall of Islam :S He was a man who used Islam to get what he wanted, power. He did everything America told him to do, he pulled his ambassador from Syria cuz U.S.A and Qatar asked him to, but he didn't kick the one from Israel out! The Ikhwan group are saying there will be bombs and attacks everywhere .... yeah they really know how to reflect the teachings of Islam NOT!

~~~ Peace out ~~~

What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, insepa­rable from me. For me, prison is a place of (religious) retreat; ex­ecution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel ......

Posted Image

- Mohammed

- Mohammed
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Current mood:

I think it is an injustice. He was elected, he had the mandate of a vast number of people. I believe the army has been opportunistic and the old guard has once again fully taken back power into their claws. They gave him a tough time from the word go. It is naive to think the generals have the best interests of the people at heart, if they did they would have followed political/other means and avoided what could turn into another disaster for the arab world. I'm no fan of the MB but i'm also no fan of the "You're free to choose who we want" kind of democracy.

• eve likes this

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

He was "elected"??! Egyptians are at least 80 million out of 80 million only 25 million voted from these 25 million people he had the votes of 51% so the others voted against him, it's not like the ENTIRE POPULATION voted for him!

I have a lot of Egyptian friends, people I went to highschool with, and they all told me how happy most of Egyptians are to get rid of him, one of them even told me people in other countries should mind their own business and if they think he was a good president then let them make him a president in their country not ours, cuz we don't want him in Egypt!

He was a bad president who was just another puppet master and used Islam as a cover.

~~~ Peace out ~~~

- Mohammed

- Mohammed
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Current mood:

There are about 50 million registered voters in Egypt. Of those, roughly 50% voted in the first and second rounds.

That turnout is comparable to the average US, Poland and Switzerland turnouts.

He won the first round of the election by about 200K and the second round by just under a million votes.

With these figures in mind and by democratic standards, he was elected fair and square.

• eve likes this

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

He doesn't have the people's support, they don't want him and did not choose him! He had it coming. Anyone USA backs up cant possibly be a good guy or someone who has Islam's best interest in mind, it doesn't work that way! And it's still not enough votes to represent Egyptians. 

~~~ Peace out ~~~

- Mohammed

- Mohammed
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Current mood:

The fairest way to gauge what people want is to hold elections.

Last time that happend Morsi won.

He should have been allowed to complete his term, or at worst other methods of compromise, even new elections, but not army intervention. They have brushed aside all those people who voted for him legitimately and support him.

For those that say he wasn't elected, they should check their figures again.

A margin of almost 1,000,000 votes and 50% turnout is comparable to elections held in some countries in the west.

• Beebo, Apocalypse and eve like this

eve

eve
  • Girls
  • 363 posts

salam

It's just Algeria all over again.

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,650 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor

The fairest way to gauge what people want is to hold elections.

Last time that happend Morsi won.

He should have been allowed to complete his term, or at worst other methods of compromise, even new elections, but not army intervention. They have brushed aside all those people who voted for him legitimately and support him.

For those that say he wasn't elected, they should check their figures again.

A margin of almost 1,000,000 votes and 50% turnout is comparable to elections held in some countries in the west.

Well said, couldn't have said it better myself. These are the same type of numbers we have here in Canada, it doesn't matter how many people showed up to the poles, if they didn't want to cast their vote, that's their problem, but don't use that as an excuse.

This is how democracy works, you get elected, you win, you finish your term. If you don't like him, you vote for someone else in the next elections or does this not apply when it comes to Arabs?

To be honest, democracy is not meant for Arabs and shouldn't be forced on them, because it just never works. Give me one single example where it has worked where it was "implemented". 

WgxUpZ6.png

eve

eve
  • Girls
  • 363 posts

salam

A good watch, if anyone has the time.

Omron

Omron
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Current mood:
demockery is not going to fix anything its part of the shaytans system, false hope,

We have these systems in our lands thinking its going to solve something, when the winning system is the Quran and sunnah and demockery is not part it,

The west puts its puppet in power a good yes man, and presses a refresh button new face same strings,

How DZ is poor ? When they got over 100 billion usd in the bank?
How is pakistain full of poor ppl when they got the best diamonds in the world, ?
How has the uae not got there own car ? Even tho they are pumping out millions of barrels of oil a year,?

Yes its down to greed but in the uk us eu there is greed but they got things on lock fresh water gas ele, Hense the west tell the eastern puppets to keep things messed up,

- Mohammed

- Mohammed
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Current mood:

salam

A good watch, if anyone has the time.

Thanks, it was a decent video and fairly balanced from a self-confessed 'secular liberal'.

• eve likes this

Omron

Omron
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Current mood:
that hizbiyyah nonsense isnt worth 5 mins of anyones time nevermind 54,

Eve ... oil production cap is lifted if member states are in/ at war etc, = arab spring revolt war = lift cap = more oil for the west who just happen to be failing at quantitative easing methods, need its currect commodities prices to rise if middle east has issues with its production any holding stock price would go up,

NEW YORK | Fri Jul 5, 2013 3:53pm EDT

(Reuters) - Oil prices jumped nearly $2 a barrel on Friday to notch their biggest weekly gain in a year, boosted by concerns over rising tensions in Egypt and better-than-expected U.S. economic data.

U.S. crude oil prices extended their string of 14-month highs. Front-month U.S. crude oil futures settled $1.98 per barrel higher, or 1.96 percent, at $103.22, after touching a high of $103.32. Trading volume was thin due to the Independence Day holiday on July 4.

U.S. oil gained 6.7 percent for the week, the largest weekly percentage gain since October 2011.

eve

eve
  • Girls
  • 363 posts

salam

So, according to you, Omron, we were having the wrong discussion all along, it's all about the money, lol.

Well it kind of is, I think what happened in Egypt was a win-win case for the west.

On one side, the oil prices, as you mentioned.

And on the other side, Islamists aren't in power.

I mean the same thing happened in Algeria, when the Islamists got in power, through elections.

Protests started happening, and then we had the dark decade or whatever it is called.

And now we can't talk about it..

I don't think Morsi was 100% right, I mean he's not a politician, he had no idea what he was doing.

And maybe he got advice from the wrong people, but still he was trying, and he was heading in the right direction.

He did everything by the book, he ran for office and then got elected, nothing wrong with that.

Now let America tell us we need democracy  :disgust: 

1012325_532216543518413_101503691_n.jpg

inshallah everything will work out in Egypt.

Omron

Omron
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Current mood:
Money is just a tool to control people, as it works over the ages very well,

I hold a muslim view, And there is no real muslims in power anywhere, the ummah dose not have a true islamic state, saudi arabia is the close thing we got and thats miles off,

So whats up with all these revolts who is starting it ? Its the hizbee mind frame people with there own desires,

The islamist won in alg and the shaytan couldnt have this so they ran him out, wasnt he killed ? Then u got a puppet gov in

Not being rude but get on ur deen and youll have answers for everything and u guys can understand arabic! Its even haraam to vote in this system,

eve

eve
  • Girls
  • 363 posts

salam

Omron

Omron
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Current mood:
10million took to the streets, mashallah, how many of them pray their 5 alotted salah daily,

I bet most of them just wanted facebook, lol

Ibn Taymiyah writes: “The scholars of Ahl al-Sunnah are agreed that is obligatory to refrain from fighting in civil strife. This is an application of the authentic hadîth in this regard. Many scholars used to write that down in their statements of creed - that they believed in and they called others to believe in - to be patient and not to fight the rulers.”

Hudhayfah b. al-Yamân asked the Prophet (peace be upon him): “O Messenger of Allah, we were living in an evil (atmosphere) and Allah brought us good (Islam) and we live in it now. Will there be evil after this good?”

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Yes.”

Hudhayfah b. al-Yamân said: “And any good after this evil?”

He said: “Yes.”

Hudhayfah b. al-Yamân said: “And any evil after this good?”

He said: “Yes.” Hudhayfah said: “How will it be?”

He said: “Rulers after me will come who do not abide by my guidance and Sunnah. Some of their men will have Satan’s heart in a human’s body.”

Hudhayfah said: “What should I do, O Messenger of Allah, if I live to see that time?”

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “You should listen and obey them even if the ruler smites your back and takes your wealth.” [Sahîh al-Bukhârî and Sahîh Muslim]
  • eve likes this

- Mohammed

- Mohammed
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Current mood:

salam

Although I heard about the death of اسماء البلتاجي I didn't see the video.. until now. I dare anyone to watch this and then try and defend the military.

ps: I'm not so sure about the claim regarding the guy with the yellow bag.