Omron

Omron
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Current mood:
Salaam,

After a bit of a hunt, i found the only? English based dz site, mashallah,

Hopfully someone could shed some light on a few things i cant workout,

Whats the avg house price well apartment price in, around dar el beida, when i was there i talked to a builder who spoke english he wrote the figure down which was 90,000 so thats £9,000 ish but every one including family in alg, i spoke to said thats impos it must be £90,000 or 90,000 dzd per meter? For 90 k i can get a house in england u.s france etc as u know, the above was 2 bedroom flat it was just a shell,

So that left me a bit confused,

Second thing from dar el beida to biskra is that a hard trip to do i.e is it the roads smooth etc or is their a danger to go out on them roads, i was told its dangerous, and i wasnt able to go, inshallah next time im looking to rent a car and go myself, as i found i was taken here and there with not much reason lol it was great tho loved it, oh and can anyone tell me whats biskra like schools, business, uni, housing etc, i heard its very modern ? Land a houses are really cheap,

Im pakistaini i dont speak french well a bit and no arabic, hense i had issues finding english folk i went in winter, again told i should of come in the summer,

Oh man i got so many q,s i keep editing this, how much dose net cost per month 6mb connection would do, do they pay for their degrees? I was told the gov give them dz citz funding if they open a biz ? Whats that about,

Dz is moving on fast, great opportunities if u know what ur doing

Omron

Omron
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Current mood:
No ones got 5 mins to give me their view? atleast,.

•eve•

•eve•
  • Validating
  • 364 posts
Contributor

salam

Well, I have no answers for you brother, I live in Sidi Bel Abbes and I barely know it, so..  :dontgetit: 

And do we have a 6mb connection in DZ? lol

Sorry bro, inshallah someone else will be able to help you.

And welcome to Algeria! Pakis all the way!  :thumbup: 

Posted Image

Omron

Omron
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Current mood:
mashallah thanks sis,

When i was in alg, it was hard to get info,

inshallah
  • •eve• likes this

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor

Whats the avg house price well apartment price in, around dar el beida, when i was there i talked to a builder who spoke english he wrote the figure down which was 90,000 so thats £9,000 ish but every one including family in alg, i spoke to said thats impos it must be £90,000 or 90,000 dzd per meter? For 90 k i can get a house in england u.s france etc as u know, the above was 2 bedroom flat it was just a shell,

Yea houses in Algeria are insanely expensive.. because people seem to have their own "pricing mechanism" which doesn't really comply with any type of rules or regulations.. so whatever number you got then yes it's real and yes you can buy better places elsewhere... 

Also, which dar el beida are you talking about there are two.. one in the capital and one in the east... i'm thinking the east since you're talking about Biskra too..

Second thing from dar el beida to biskra is that a hard trip to do i.e is it the roads smooth etc or is their a danger to go out on them roads, i was told its dangerous, and i wasnt able to go, next time im looking to rent a car and go myself, as i found i was taken here and there with not much reason lol it was great tho loved it, oh and can anyone tell me whats biskra like schools, business, uni, housing etc, i heard its very modern ? Land a houses are really cheap,

Been to Biskra from Algiers a few times and the trip wasn't that great.. mind you it was before they opened the East-West Highway which covers the majority of that distance.. so i'm assuming it's much better now..

Regarding Biskra.. I don't know it's very different.. it's at the entrance of the Sahara dessert so it gets unbelievably hot.. and I mean deadly hot in the summer. I was there one summer and at 10 am it was 45 degrees.

Oh man i got so many q,s i keep editing this, how much dose net cost per month 6mb connection would do, do they pay for their degrees? I was told the gov give them dz citz funding if they open a biz ? Whats that about,

6MB? there is.. but i'm not sure if it's available everywhere.. here are the prices

http://www.djaweb.dz...age=residentiel

http://www.maxnet.dz/offres.php

• •eve• likes this

WgxUpZ6.png

Omron

Omron
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Current mood:
Salaam bro thanks for the reply,

dar el beida in the centre, its only a few mins from the airport,

The internet is expensive 3300 dzd 27£ per month,

When i said 6 mb i was thinking thats a slow speed, but 4mb for 27£ is high, i guess 1 mb is fine,

Abu Daoud

Abu Daoud
  • Members
  • 164 posts

Current mood: Cool

Asalamu alaikum and welcome to the world of the Milliard. My wife and I are looking to buy land and like Beebo says, there is no rhyme or reason to the prices. Also some of the land has a "secure" title and some has an unsecured and if you buy it you obviously will pay less but you risk that you may never get a secure title or you may even lose it.

I talked to a retired builder and he said land is expensive and building is cheap. This is why you see so many 4 1/2 story buildings built on a 150 - 200 square meter plot. Everybody is building up not out due to this. I sure would like to hear if any areas away from the coast, like Setif, are cheaper.

You ask good questions, but unfortunately there are not many answers. If you get some I would like to know too.

• •eve• likes this
Whoever recommends and helps a good cause becomes a partner therein, and whoever recommends and helps an evil cause shares in its burdens” Qur’an:4:85

Abu Daoud

Abu Daoud
  • Members
  • 164 posts

Current mood: Cool

For 90 k i can get a house in england u.s france etc as u know,

I didn't know what prices are like in England. You can really get a flat for £90,000?

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor

I didn't know what prices are like in England. You can really get a flat for £90,000?

I doubt it would be near London...

BylK

BylK
  • Members
  • 1,323 posts

Current mood:

Prices for houses/land in Algiers are just retarded. A small apartment in an old building with no elevator can easily cost you £100,000 .. and I've seen normal houses that cost over £2,000,000. I always wondered who can afford to buy houses at this price.

• Beebo likes this

•eve•

•eve•
  • Validating
  • 364 posts
Contributor

salam

You can check this website for houses.

Sometimes you find really good deals :D

Omron

Omron
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Current mood:

You could easily get a flat in a nice area in birmingham not far from the city,for 90k, a 2 bed house around the same money but more far from the city, plus up north liverpool , manchester , york, you get more for ur money, if u buy at auction its more cheaper but u might have to fit it up, house prices have dropped big time in the last 3 yrs u got houses which are on sale for 6months plus, No ones buying so the gov, are doing these riba deals which is pushing sales on new houses, but the new builds are crap pre-fab, u can hear next door music etc i lived in a flat near birmingham city centre great view nice looking apartment top floor, but crap build, But the main thing is if u got a 90k flat in alg could u rent it 450£ a month? i think not, so return on investment isnt fruitful at all, but i could if i got it here in uk, plz note i dont do riba and not advising anyone should, and halal mortgages in my view same as selling halal pork, but inshallah u get the land sorted ill put my flat on yours ;) im not kidding, plan 2 is around biskra which looks to be a better option

I doubt it would be near London...

your right ,.. Around the outer side of london you can pick up a house for 120k luton area 10 -15 miles out of london, again 2 bed, centre of london is millions, seven kings essex is 200k for a flat ,, but who wants to live in london anyway ...? Lol to busy too much headache, the traffic!!

You can check this website for houses.
Sometimes you find really good deals :D

Your the 2nd person to recommended the site, A alg brother from london gave me the same site, mix of prices on there, but good to compare, thanks,

Prices for houses/land in Algiers are just retarded. A small apartment in an old building with no elevator can easily cost you £100,000 .. and I've seen normal houses that cost over £2,000,000. I always wondered who can afford to buy houses at this price.

I was thinking the same thing , Wife's auntie live by la point in algiers i asked 3 times whats the cost of this place, and 3 times i was just told its expensive, lol do u see a pattern, its like the brothers said above crazy random prices,