• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Amina

Amina
  • Girls
  • 1,356 posts

Current mood: Tired
salam
Yesterday ,I started to read my first book in english , it is called "MOONFLEET", novel writen by J.Meade Falkner . It's apparently talk about a young boy (15 years old) called John living in Moonfleet, who will discover a secret concerns Mohune family .... somthing about a diamond .. I don't know more, I just started....
It's too late to read an english novel... I tried before but I couldn't , now I read the 1st page , the 2nd ... and yea I can understand :rolleyes: I check some times the dictionary , but hamdoullah much better than before.
Posted Image

By the way , can you tell me, plz who are the best english (british or american) writer/novelist ?? I read to arabs and french , but for english , no idea ...

Sara

Sara
  • Girls
  • 578 posts

Current mood: Bookworm
try Daphne du Maurier i sooooooooo much love her novels ,even the language she uses is really easy to understand .The first English novel i ever read was by her , it was when i was in middle school ,only one year after i start studying english language and it was so nice and easy , so yh just give her a try :D

Ithri

Ithri

Mnarvi-DZ

• Members
  • 1,191 posts

Current mood:
It all depends what you like to read!
Fiction novels, Sci-fi, thrillers, etc.
In some books u'll learn real english and in some u'll get to know the slang as well...

And u can also read books in English of non-english authors, I mean translated! I suggest books of Milan Kundera or for e.g. Kourkov...
Un homme se leva et demanda permission d'appeler les fidles la prire.
Permission lui ft donne:
- Vous pouvez les appeler, tant que vous les appelez Dieu et non vous-mme.
- Mais comment saurais-je la diffrence?
- Si a vous drange que quelqu'un d'autre les appelle Dieu, c'est que vous les appelez vous-mme.

Hadjer

Hadjer
  • Girls
  • 386 posts

Current mood:
Charles Dickens, Agatha Christie, Danielle Steele, John Le Carr (these may be a little hard)
if you want something a little more easier Roald Dahl or Christopher Pike (my all time favourites!!! since i was little) his books are horror and are for teenagers/adults. One word - WICKED!

but yeah the one's above are good as well for advanced reading. i hope i've helped ;)
the one & only...
hadjer benz

AND U KNO THIS!!!

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA
  • Girls
  • 2,491 posts

Current mood:
i dont like movies donoo

:I dont know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody:

Arabiian

Arabiian
  • Members
  • 275 posts

Current mood:
Hmm some say he's overrated but I am indeed a fan of Dan Brown ^_^

& congratulations, good for you sister. It's never too late to learn new things!
Vive L'Algrie!!

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA
  • Girls
  • 2,491 posts

Current mood:
this talk is not for me i guess

Arabiian

Arabiian
  • Members
  • 275 posts

Current mood:
lol well it is about books Roukaya, not movies lol.

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA
  • Girls
  • 2,491 posts

Current mood:

lol well it is about books Roukaya, not movies lol.

ohh silly me sorry guys i need to say dat i love books :D

Hadjer

Hadjer
  • Girls
  • 386 posts

Current mood:
nice smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> what genre of books are you into?

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA
  • Girls
  • 2,491 posts

Current mood:
i like my girlosophy books,teen booksand any novle that i find intersting

Arabiian

Arabiian
  • Members
  • 275 posts

Current mood:
Sorrry to interrupt.. but what is girlosophy?!

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA
  • Girls
  • 2,491 posts

Current mood:
ita a beatiful searies

http://www.pagesandp...81741146899.JPG

Amina

Amina
  • Girls
  • 1,356 posts

THANKS for all of you ... I will nchallah take your advices .. one by one I try to read them .. I knew some of them,I discover that I read there books in french.. now it's time to pass to english. :book:
thanks alot , baraka Allah fikum .

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor
Agenty, do you have a source to buy english novels from in Algeria?

WgxUpZ6.png

Amina

Amina
  • Girls
  • 1,356 posts

well beebo ; I wasn't interest in english novels before, I went to the bookshop where I usualy buy fernch and arabs novels , I found some english novels , but not very much (there isn't a big choice) . the seller told me that algerians in general don't read english novels(that's true !) , so he brings only what students of english literature ask him to bring ... and told me that if I want a special book , he will bring it to me.
The library near la grande post (in algiers) contains more choice, I saw last time. Now, these days , I really don't have the time to go.

PS:The bookshop is in Boumerdes , just near our university

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

NOOO WAAAY ok let me get this straight your in Boumerdas University (the one near the beach)? if so I know that book store, i went there several times to buy Islamic books. First time he didn't have any, then next time i went he has a few. world is so small :D

Amina

Amina
  • Girls
  • 1,356 posts

Beebo in boumerdes :D .. 7alaaa .. The bookstore I'm talking about is near faculty of science (near the train state , la tour bleu , and the trade center) , do you see ? .near the beach , there is the faculty of hydrocurbons and chemestry , and you were perhaps in the bookshop of "la maison de la culture". yea !, the world is small smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
By the way ; if any e-dz member think to come to boumerdes , I'm here :bye:

salam ;)

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

you're right it was near the Chemistry faculty because I know that it is where my friend studies which where my friend studies. lol oh man we had so much fun in that area... it's very busy in the summer... how long does it take you to get home from there Agenty?

Amina

Amina
  • Girls
  • 1,356 posts

oh yes , tooo much people there in summer .. I don't like at all, plus I prefer sweem in rocky beach near darna lol . And to go to univ , 1h15 of road (daily 2h30 of road to go and comeback ),that's a bit tiring , but I prefer comeback home than sleeping in the univ compus ....akhhh, intolerable conditions of life ... really Rabi ykoun with algerian students there.