- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

myriame

myriame
  • Girls
  • 1,189 posts

Current mood:
love in a torn land is actually a really good book, its also a true story about a girl who marries a "pashmerga" (i think thats what its called) which is translated in english as a freedom fighter. Basically its her story from living in bagdad, iraq then moviing to the mountains to support her new husband and all of the issues that arise like her going blind and a bunch of stuff. it's written by Jean Sasson.

"Sasson, author of Princess: A True Story of Life behind the Veil in Saudi Arabia (1992) and ayada: Daughter of Iraq (2003), focuses on the story of Joanna Al-Askari Hussain, a Kurdish woman living in Iraq, to tell the broader story of ethnic tensions between the Kurds, Iraqis, Turks, Iranians, and Syrians. Written in the first person, Joanna's story covers her romance with a Kurdish freedom fighter, marriage, and taking up the struggle against the Iraqis herself. She recalls times of raining dead and injured birds after a missile attack and of a desperate flight after her village was attacked by Saddam Hussein's forces in 1987. Some 200,000 of her fellow Kurds were killed in a genocide campaign. Photographs and personal recollections--a wedding without the groom, a husband who hogs the covers, the adjustments of a pampered woman to a life of privation and personal demands--offer a very human look at the struggle of the Kurds in Iraq and one woman's heroism. Vanessa Bush"
"You can't separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom"- Malcom X

Ithri

Ithri

Mnarvi-DZ

• Members
  • 1,191 posts

Current mood:
I don't like these authors who surf the waves of these times where it sells well to talk about anything related to afghanistan, iraq, KSA, islam, terros, women in these countries, etc.
Un homme se leva et demanda permission d'appeler les fidèles à la prière.
Permission lui fût donnée:
- Vous pouvez les appeler, tant que vous les appelez à Dieu et non à vous-même.
- Mais comment saurais-je la différence?
- Si ça vous dérange que quelqu'un d'autre les appelle à Dieu, c'est que vous les appelez à vous-même.

myriame

myriame
  • Girls
  • 1,189 posts

Current mood:
that is nice. however, everything these days is done for a reason and a profit but i still enjoyed reading it. :D