4 replies to this topic

Ithri

Ithri

Mnarvi-DZ

• Members
  • 1,191 posts

Current mood:
23 February 1957:

On this day, Larbi Ben Mhidi was arrested by the French Army.

Larbi Ben Mhidi was born in 1923 in Douar El Kouakhi, near Ain Mlila. He was the youngest in a family of 3 girls and 2 boys. He studied at the French primary school (as opposed to the islamic madrassa) in his village then in Batna. After he received his CEP (primary degree), he followed his family to Biskra where he got a higher degree (Brevet) after which he joined a higher school in Constantine.
He joined the Muslim scouts of Biskra in 1939 and very soon became the junior section leader.

He adhered to the PPA (Algerian People's Party) in 1942, and was among the prisoners during the 8 May 1945 massacres. The French authorities released him three weeks later during which he endured interrogatories and severe torture.

In 1947, Larbi Ben Mhidi became a member of the OS (Special organization) which aimed at preparing the Algerian Revolution. In 1949, he was appointed responsible of the military section in Setif, and depute of Mohamed Boudiaf who was the Head of the OS in the Algerian East. And he replaced Boudiaf in 1950.

In March 1954, Ben Mhidi became a member of the CRUA and was one of the group of the 22.

He was one of the planners of the November revolution and is now known for his famous "Throw the revolution to the people and they'll take care of it". He was the head of the Vth zone (Oran) at the beginning of the war of independence.

Together with Abane Ramdhan, he took a big role and had a great influence during the Soummam Congress in 20 August 1956, and became a member of the CCE (Execution and Coordination Committee).

Larbi Ben Mhidi was the leader of the Battle Of Algiers from 1956 and until his arrest on 23 February 1957.

03 March 1957:

Larbi Ben Mhidi died under torture. The French took off his skin from his head before killing him, then they dared announce that this great man had committed suicide. He gave an example of courage and bravery acknowledged even by the Colonel Bigeard.

His smile to the journalists in this video is remembered by every Algerian.

The following video shows how torture was practiced in Algeria by the French occupier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VANxaWwOpxc

We need Men like Larbi Ben Mhidi. He tought us bravery and pride. Allah yarahmou w Allah yarham Chouhada
Un homme se leva et demanda permission d'appeler les fidèles à la prière.
Permission lui fût donnée:
- Vous pouvez les appeler, tant que vous les appelez à Dieu et non à vous-même.
- Mais comment saurais-je la différence?
- Si ça vous dérange que quelqu'un d'autre les appelle à Dieu, c'est que vous les appelez à vous-même.

bentAljazair

bentAljazair
  • Girls
  • 989 posts

Current mood:
Dear Mr Ithri thank you very much for this post

Among all our martyrs the one I love and respect most is Larbi Benmhidi.
He was, a real man, a real gentleman well educated with principles, discipline, courage.

Yes he taught us bravery and pride but also the sense of commitment and sacrifice for Algeria's independence.

I regret his death deeply.

Allah yarhamou
NEVER FORGET GAZA - NEVER FORGIVE ZIONISTS - BOYCOTT ISRAEL

Ithri

Ithri

Mnarvi-DZ

• Members
  • 1,191 posts

Current mood:
Thank you Bentaljazair, you are so right about the sense of commitment and sacrifice.
I am convinced things would have been different if the fathers of our revolution and those who actually led it inside the country didn't die before the independence.

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,648 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor
if they did not die.. then all of who survived after and led Algeria to destruction (apart from Boumedien) would've been jailed or killed by the real heroes for faking and pretending to be real heroes of the war just so they can take advantage of the country and its people.

What do you guys think someone like Larbi Benmhidi would say if he were with us now seeing what goes on in Algeria? I am sure he would feel ashamed and would think that all they did was for nothing.

WgxUpZ6.png

Ithri

Ithri

Mnarvi-DZ

• Members
  • 1,191 posts

Current mood:
Interesting videos from Taddei's excellent program "Ce soir ou jamais". I am putting them here because they deal with General Aussaresses who admited having hanged Ben Mhidi after an order of Mitterrand.
The videos give other interesting information such as the role of French Officers who were sent to the Americas to train junta's and dictator's officers on torture techniques as they practiced them in DZ, or how the French helped Israel gets a real military industry....