• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Ithri

Ithri

Mnarvi-DZ

• Members
  • 1,191 posts

Current mood:
Actually when hassan decided to sign the agreement with Mu3awiya leaving the caliphat to him, he moved together with his bro to Madina.
Hassn ibn Ali raa died poisoned in Madina. There are many suppositions on who killed him.

After the death of his brother, Hussain moved to Mekka to live there and stop the politics. The agreement between Mou3awiya and Hassan was that Mou3awiya wouldn't appoint his successor. So when his son yazid took up the power Hussein refused to make allegence to him.

When he heard the echoes from Kufah that the ppl there would appoint him caliph he decided to go there and start an uprising despite the disapproval of his friends such us Abdellah bnou zoubeir or abdellah bnou omar raa. He sent one representative who confirmed the echoes so he started his trip with family and all.
Yazid heard about it and sent his Basra governor (Oubeyd Allah bnou Ziyad) to Kufa. He threatened the kufis who out of fear didn't go out to support Hussein.
Hussein and his ppl faced the army of Basra's governor and got killed in karbalaa.
There are contradictory reports on whether yazid bnou mu3awiya ordered his governor to kill hussein or it was the gorvernor's own decision.

The shias feel the guilt not because they invited him but because they didn't support him when he came around!

Regarding Aisha, shiis hate her for many reasons. She is the daughter of Abou bakr who they think stole the caliphat deserved by Ali. She also led the camel battle against Ali.
Many ppl think Aisha raa hated Ali after the "ifk" event when he told the prophet saaws to divorce her and that many women r there to replace her...

anyways, we as sunnis have the utmost respect to ummahat el mouminin (aisha being first of them) and the sahaba. We know they are humain and probably made mistakes but they are probably the best men and women ever after the prophet saaws.
Un homme se leva et demanda permission d'appeler les fidèles à la prière.
Permission lui fût donnée:
- Vous pouvez les appeler, tant que vous les appelez à Dieu et non à vous-même.
- Mais comment saurais-je la différence?
- Si ça vous dérange que quelqu'un d'autre les appelle à Dieu, c'est que vous les appelez à vous-même.

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor
saha ithri. what you say is true. here is a basic image of the whole situation. I think you must listen to a daa3iyat to get the nitty gritty.

http://www.ladlass.c...ves/007100.html

p.s. I didn't know Ali r.l.a was killed by the Khawarij ..i.e. Mzabiya back in dz :P, ibadiyeen in oman etc... Could some one confimr this?

Again..same issue with the muslims.. "Power".
There are people with experience and people with opinions. Listen to one, smile at the other.
Posted Image

Algeriano

Algeriano
  • Members
  • 681 posts

Current mood:

No papi that's not right mate.. Firstly It's hussein RLA. Hassan stayed in makkah and wasnt involved in "politics". And it wasn't the Shiah who killed him. An order was sent out that from syria that if Hussein rla was to come anywhere close to baghdad he would be killed. They weren't called shiah at the time, they had a name.. anyways at the time the people of Baghdad invited him but later found out that an order was made that he doesnt come anywhere close to baghdad and was in excile pretty much. That's when hussein went into the desert and nearly died of thirst (shiah say drink water for the sake of hussein or something). So the muslims in syria heard hussein was close to baghdad and sent a platoon of soldiers to find him.. they found him in the desert and that's when they cut his head off and brought it back to syria and left the body in Iraq.

The shia of today feel that if they didn't invite him to baghdad he would still be alive. so that's why they beat themselves.

Anyways.. I read this few yrs back so If any one has the exact story and would like to share.. it would be great.

p.s. I think in syria at the time, Aisha r.l.a (was 70yrs old) and Khalid Bnu lwaleed were present. It's part of the reason why the shiah speak bad of the sahabah and Aisha r.l.a

sorry i meant to say hussain....but ya thx for the lil intro....i heard somethin similar to that but not exactly...i heard he was set up by shia or somethin....but allah knows best...and thx ithri for the background check...i think this issue is very conterversional today especially between the sunnis and shias....but what i wanna know is how the fight between ali and mu3awia started and why...and like why was 3aisha against ali....this remains a mystery....but allah yahdeena..and allah knows best.
"Salvation is in Sincerity"

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor
Well they say because Ali rla was 13 at the time when the prophet PBUH first introduced Islam. and was the first to stand with him in his affairs. Because Ali r.l.a has become part of the family of the prophet PBUH, he should be the next khalif to lead the muslims after the death of the prophet PBUH. Well majority voted for Abu bakr siddiq rla and minority wanted Ali rla.. I think that's when the seperation took place. Wallahu a3lam .

Ithri

Ithri

Mnarvi-DZ

• Members
  • 1,191 posts

Current mood:

i think this issue is very conterversional today especially between the sunnis and shias....but what i wanna know is how the fight between ali and mu3awia started and why...and like why was 3aisha against ali....this remains a mystery....but allah yahdeena..and allah knows best.

well when Othman ibn 3affan raa got killed, ppl "voted" for Ali to replace him and many ppl from the clan of Othman asked Ali to punish Othman killer. Ali didn't accept, which caused the anger of Othman's clan, led by Mou3awiya ( a family member of Othman).
This clan thought that Ali didn't want to punish the killer so they decided to follow Mou3awiya and throw out Ali.
On the other side, majority of ppl agree that Ali was going to punish the killer and that he just didn't want to do it right away as the "oumma" was experiencing a restless period and he didn't want to add to it by killing the man... Not before things calm down anyway.

As to Aisha, there r many explanations we can find in the books but I prefer not to tell them here as all r just suppositions

Ithri

Ithri

Mnarvi-DZ

• Members
  • 1,191 posts

Current mood:

Well majority voted for Abu bakr siddiq rla and minority wanted Ali rla.

But Ali raa himself voted for Abu bakr (even if it took him some time) and he voted for Omar and Othman too!

Algeriano

Algeriano
  • Members
  • 681 posts

Current mood:
o i c i didnt know that cuz i didnt really look into that issue much but i heard a lil info about it there and there....but jazakum allahu kair gys...preciate the info u provided. :D

Algerian_Alone_In_Ottawa

Algerian_Alone_In_Ottawa
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Current mood:
About the comment of Rima

Even though the subject is an interesting one, and thanks Allah the overall opinion of Algerians is quiet clear about certain religious (newly invented) rituals that have nothing to do with the Islam of Allah (s.w.t.) and His Prophet (A.S.wa.S.), but I found the way you related the story of your first hand experience in the Shiaa home of you uncle hilarious, I mean I liked the way you reacted, behaved yourself, and most importantly wrote about it. You really made my day, it put a smile into my heart. And that was the high point of this topic for me. So thank you for thant dear sister in Islam.
smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> "mafhamt walou" smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I would say, may Allah show us (all muslims inclusive) the right path.