Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,507 posts

Current mood: Cloud 9 Contributor

:salaam: 

Tomorrow inshaa'Allah, I might be teaching for the first time ever  :firework: 

Noticed the 'might' there?! That's because they only wrote my name in pencil and I could go tomorrow to find someone else teaching in my place. I'm  gonna flip if I hear that famous "Oops sorry there has been a mistake!"  :wall: 

Anyhow, that's not the point. It's about First Days

So, teachers out there, do you remember your First Day? Or were you too stressed out that it went in a blur :D And did you learn anything from it? Things that made you the teacher you are today smile

Tell us all about it  :pplease: 

• Apocalypse, Omeymaa, eve and 1 other like this
Posted Image

Abu Daoud

Abu Daoud
  • Members
  • 164 posts

Current mood: Cool

Mabrouk! I was coming from 10 years as a group facilitator when I started teaching so it was a smooth transition. I can still remember how nervous I was when I started as a group facilitator though. I sweat so much I knew everyone could see it and notice how nervous I was and that made me more nervous. Then, when I had finished with the group and was talking to some of the people in it, I found out that they never even noticed me. So never forget, people can be so self-absorbed that things like the teacher and what is happening with them never even occur to them.

• Lilia and eve like this
Whoever recommends and helps a good cause becomes a partner therein, and whoever recommends and helps an evil cause shares in its burdens” Qur’an:4:85

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,507 posts

So never forget, people can be so self-absorbed that things like the teacher and what is happening with them never even occur to them.

and I'M dealing with teenagers (ish) here, so they'll be pretty absorbed in themselves :D Good to know!

Thanks for sharing Abu Daoud smile 

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,507 posts

salam

I did it! I was a nervous wreck, hyperventilating, shaking like a leaf.. you name it! But I hope I showed a composed face that's what I was going for :D Plus, the students were very nice and not that many of them showed up!

Unfortunately, just when I was getting them introduced to the lecture half of them left, 'cause they noticed that it wasn't their group (new kids still lost :D) So I had to let the rest go, I couldn't carry on with few of them and have to repeat the whole thing next time they all showed up.

All in all it was great  :thumbup: 

• eve and Abu Daoud like this

ℓυℓυ

ℓυℓυ
  • Girls
  • 154 posts

Current mood: Sneaky
salam, el7amdoulllah that you got yourself a job which you enjoy. It's good to hear that your first lesson went well. When I was at school, I used to take some substitution classes, with kids, whenever I was free. I found out that I was a too bossy to teach. the only job that'll suit me is being the head ;)
If you don't mind me asking, what do you teach?? Do you teach in a high school? and do you teach in english, or french, or arabic ?
  • Lilia likes this

♡.♡.♡.♡.♡

Omeymaa

Omeymaa

Have faith...

• Girls
  • 1,330 posts

Current mood: Creative

Congratulations :D You'll make a great teacher!

I started teaching grade 5's, I think I told you guys (remember? something about praising kids). I didn't mind it, but then I discovered kindergarten and loved it :D 

Both of my first days were great, I still have the love letters from the grade 5's :D 

What did I learn? As soon as you've got the kids' trust and they feel that you actually care about them, the rest is easy. Oh and 2 more words: classroom management- starts from day 1 ;)

• Lilia likes this

Done is better than perfect.

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,507 posts

salam

Thank you girls smile

If you don't mind me asking, what do you teach?? Do you teach in a high school? and do you teach in english, or french, or arabic ?

Of course I don't mind ^^ 

I teach English for 1st year students of Economics. I have four different groups for now. It's only a temporary position, sort of assistant teacher.

What did I learn? As soon as you've got the kids' trust and they feel that you actually care about them, the rest is easy. Oh and 2 more words: classroom management- starts from day 1

Dealing with kids is much more better. Like you said, if they love you they respect you.. They're honest like that ^^

Omeymaa

Omeymaa

Have faith...

• Girls
  • 1,330 posts

Current mood: Creative
Aweh Lilia sorry, teaching university level machi domain dyali and I'll never consider it tbh :S
Glad ur day went well :D

Apocalypse

Apocalypse

revolution

• Darja Gurus
  • 1,698 posts

Current mood: Procrastinating

mabroooook Lilia, that's good news!! 

• Lilia likes this