- - - - - request greeting introduction

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

mtoler

mtoler
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Current mood: Cold

Thanks for this ommunity.  I am not Algerian, but I am a scholar of the Maghreb, and very happy to be here. I stumbled into this site while looking for images of major historical sites in Algeria in relation to my work with Archnet (http://archnet.org), and have enjoyed poking around.

Unoftunately I still haven't found them, so if you happen to have images of the sites below or others that you are willing to contribute for our non-exclusive use, please let me know and i'll send you specs.  They will be featured prominently in the Timeline of our new site, launching in just two weeks.  There are other sites I need help with too, but these are the only ones i need immediately. 

In any case, I'm interested in following all things Algerian, including film, literature, music, current events, etc.  nice to meet you!

Jami' al-Jadid Masjid al-Maṣyadah, Mosque of the Fishery, Mosque of the Fishermen's Wharf, Mosque of the Fishermen, Mosquee de la Pecheri Algiers Alger Province 1660/1070 AH Qasr Ziri Qasr Ziri Ba'shir, Palace of the Ziri, Palace of the Zirri Achir Medea Province 947/336 AH Qal'a Bani Hammad Qal'at Bani Hammad, Fortress of Bani Hammad, al-Qal'a of Beni Hammad, Qal'at Beni Hammad, Qal'at Banu Hammad, Qalat Bani Hammad M'sila Province 1007/397 AH; partly destroyed 1152/546 AH Jami' al-Kabir Grande Mosquée, Great Mosque of Algiers, Djamaa Kebir, Jami Masjid, Jemaa Kebir, Djamaa El Djazair, Jama' al-Kebir, Djemaa el Kebir Algiers Alger Province ca. 1096/489 AH; ca. 1324/724 AH  Minaret; ca. 1836/1252 AH Facade Jami' Ketchaoua Katchawa Mosque, Katchawah Mosque, Jamaa Kitshawah, Mosquée Katchaoua, Ketshoua Masjid, Djamaa Ketchawa, Katshawa Mosque, Jama' Ketchaoua, Djemaa Ketchaoua  Algiers Alger Province 1612/1021 AH; 1794/1208 AH Enlarged Jami' al-Kabir Grand Mosquée, Jama' Kebir, Djama'a Kebir, Great Mosque Tlemcen Tlemcen Province 1136 Sidi al-Halwi Mosque Sidi el Halwi Mosque, Mosquée de Sidi Halwi Tlemcen Tlemcen Province 1354 Sidi Bou Medine Mosque and Mausoleum Mosquée et Mausolée Sidi Boumediène, Sidi Bu Midyan Mosque and Mausoleum,Mosquée Boumédiènne Tlemcen Tlemcen Province   Jami' Ali Bitshin Ali Bitshin Mosque, Jami' Ali Bitchin, Djama'a Ali Bitchin, Mosquee Ali Bitchnin, Notre Dame-des-Victories, Jama'Ali Bitshin, Mosquee Ali Bitchnine, Mosque of Ali Piccinini, Jemaa Ali Bitchnine Algiers Alger Province 1662/1072 AH; converted to a church in 1842/1257 AH; reconverted to a mosque in 1962/1381 AH Qasba Casbah, Casba, Kasbah, Kasba, Kasbah of Algiers, Casbah d'Alger, Citadel, Citadelle,   Algiers Alger Province c. 960; 1516-1592 construction of Ottoman fortress; 1610 construction of Hamma aqueduct; ca.1832-1913 demolition of lower Casbah; 1988-1993 restoration of Bastion 23 in Lower Casbah;   Pasha Mosque Mosquée du Pachâ, Mosquée du Pacha Oran Oran Province   Bey Mosque and Madrasa Mosquée Madrasa du Bey, Mosquée Medersa-del-Bey Oran Oran Province  

• •eve• likes this

•eve•

•eve•
  • Validating
  • 364 posts
Contributor

salam

Welcome to E-DZ.

Unfortunately, none of the places you mentioned are close to where I live, which is Sidi Bel Abbes.
Otherwise, I'd be happy to help.

Good luck with your web site.

Posted Image

Abu Daoud

Abu Daoud
  • Members
  • 164 posts

Current mood: Cool

Welcome to the forum! A Bostonian, alhamdullilah. I'm originally from Hartford, Connecticut. Now married to an Algerian and living and working in Saudi Arabia.

Nice to meet you and I'm sorry I can't help you either.

Whoever recommends and helps a good cause becomes a partner therein, and whoever recommends and helps an evil cause shares in its burdens” Qur’an:4:85

Abu Daoud

Abu Daoud
  • Members
  • 164 posts

Current mood: Cool

hhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, a couple of spammers here putting links 

• Lilia likes this

B7712

B7712
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Current mood:
Egg whites provide a great natural treatment to acne. Just break two or an egg and divide the whites from the yolks.

My webpage - acne treatment for adults

CCuellar

CCuellar
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Current mood:
You made your stand quite clearly.!

Here is my page - Wikipedia has more China and Hong Kong information

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: request, greeting, introduction