• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor

Hello E-DZ Loyalists,

So today marks E-DZ's 8th anniversary... Yes, it's been 8 years since we officially got online and on to the vast world of the internet. February 17 2006 to be exact, but I launched the site the day after which was the 18th.

On this date, I renew the E-DZ contract so that it stays online. There isn't much I can say except that on this date every year for the last 2 years I have been contemplating the closure of E-DZ.... but... I can't seem to do it. I have renewed us for another year, but I seriously want to turn it around if possible.

As a community, we'll need to regroup, refocus, and set some new goals. Over the past 8 years, we have done pretty much everything, which speaks volumes to the type of community we are. Maybe this year we'll need to re-evaluate ourselves and answer a few important questions:

1. Who are we?
  2. What do we offer?
  3. What are our goals?

• eve likes this

WgxUpZ6.png

eve

eve
  • Validating
  • 364 posts
Contributor

salam

8 years mashallah! I was just a kid back then, haha :D

Well, for the questions, I don't think I have been a part of the community for that long to determine the goals and the identity of E-DZ, I will leave it to you guys.

But I have an idea to liven things up a bit, we could do themed weeks, like the youtube thing where there'd be a science week, for example.
So maybe each month we'd vote for the themes we want, we don't have to do the 4 weeks, maybe just two or one each month.
I think that would help the users participate and contribute to the theme, since it focuses on one subject.

• Abu Daoud likes this
Posted Image

Abu Daoud

Abu Daoud
  • Members
  • 164 posts

Current mood: Cool

Mabrouk! ! !  :firework:          Happy 8th Birthday E-DZ

Whoever recommends and helps a good cause becomes a partner therein, and whoever recommends and helps an evil cause shares in its burdens” Qur’an:4:85

- Mohammed

- Mohammed
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Current mood:

Its difficult you need young blood to keep the site moving! 

• Sosso likes this
A day spent without learning is a day wasted

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor

Its difficult you need young blood to keep the site moving! 

Thanks for being straightforward bro lol... I know we do... I know we do...

Maybe we should refocus the site so that it encompasses more than just the young.. 

• Sosso likes this

Sosso

Sosso
  • Girls
  • 256 posts

Current mood: Pensive

I think the forum and the website are amazing!  As i understand, only the forum is now running...and i guess people nowadays are more interested in new forms of social media, instead of the good old forums. But i Believe that a good use of facebook,youtube and tweeter could give a new life to the community!  Im sure of it....as for now...Im baaaaaack :)

• eve likes this
Posted Image