• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor

salam E-DZ'ers

What have you got to say about what's going on in Algeria. What are your views on these coming up "elections"?

We've seen many videos and pictures of the various people involved and I think most of us have already made up their minds on the whole thing.

To be totally honest, I am ashamed and embarrassed with having seen all that's been happening in the political arena... sorry.. i'm not sure if it's even wise nor intelligent to call it "political" because it definitely doesn't fit into that.

give this a watch... tell me what you guys think

• kamylood and Omeymaa like this

WgxUpZ6.png

kamylood

kamylood
  • Members
  • 471 posts

Current mood: Fine Contributor

salam ...

I don't think we should call this "elections", we are not that dumb yet !!

Sellal's team and their press, are blind and deaf, they see and talk about victories that don't exist, and they don't want to hear what the people says !

They are DEFINITELY taking our country into a BIG MAZE !

Hey !

•eve•

•eve•
  • Validating
  • 364 posts
Contributor

salam

I think I'd rather have our elections this way than any other way at the moment, the people aren't fools, they didn't fall for this, but they know that letting Beoutifleka (or rather his entourage) go for a 4th term is much much better than having an Arab Spring.

The thing is, there aren't any other decent alternatives. If I were to vote I think I'd vote for Beoutifleka just to maintain peace in Algeria.

By the way, this WGFJ show isn't funny, to me at least, it was really awkward too... Feels like a bad version of Al Barnamej.

Posted Image

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor

salam

I think I'd rather have our elections this way than any other way at the moment, the people aren't fools, they didn't fall for this, but they know that letting Beoutifleka (or rather his entourage) go for a 4th term is much much better than having an Arab Spring.

The thing is, there aren't any other decent alternatives. If I were to vote I think I'd vote for Beoutifleka just to maintain peace in Algeria.

By the way, this WGFJ show isn't funny, to me at least, it was really awkward too... Feels like a bad version of Al Barnamej.

Well that's what the regime is doing... scaring people with the whole arab spring bull crap... why does it have to be that way? all we're asking is that Bouteflika doesn't run for presidency and leaves it open to young new people who have different views and different experiences to try running the country.

When they announced that he's running, everyone that wanted to run just opted out because they know that there is no way of beating him since he's got the whole system running for him.

FYI @•eve• your signature says it all.. so if we just sit and let them take the country and divide it amongst themselves then we're as bad as they are.

Also, the WGFJ show is not supposed to be funny... it's a satire type of show that tried to identify the issues and problems we have in Algeria under a comic atmosphere.

• kamylood likes this

•eve•

•eve•
  • Validating
  • 364 posts
Contributor

salam

Well that's what the regime is doing... scaring people with the whole arab spring bull crap... why does it have to be that way?

Well, if I'm being realistic I don't see how it can go any other way.

In Syria at the beginning the people were only asking that there be no corruption, the demonstrations were peaceful, no one asked Assad to step away, now look at Syria.

Guess which Arab country was not against the Syrian regime till the very end? Yap..

And we know that the people in power will do anything to stay there, as we have seen in those dark 10 years..

all we're asking is that Bouteflika doesn't run for presidency and leaves it open to young new people who have different views and different experiences to try running the country.

When they announced that he's running, everyone that wanted to run just opted out because they know that there is no way of beating him since he's got the whole system running for him.

Who are these young new people? I haven't seen any of them.

I'm not saying that we don't have competent people, I know we do. I just haven't seen anyone step up.

Except for that french guy Nekaz or whatever, that guy is never getting my vote..

I think the way to fixing our government and ending corruption, is to start small and then go big.

I think the Turkish scenario is a good way to start, Ardogan was just a mayor I think, yet he made huge changes in Istanbul that when he ran for presidency everyone voted for him.

I feel that "slowly but surly" is the way to go.

Also on the topic of running for presidency, those demonstrations in Algiers in my opinion were just wrong and didn't help the cause, I mean for Boutafleka to run for presidency is his absolute right, as it is for everyone else in this country.

He is within the law (that he changed, but nevertheless), and this is how democracy works. Do we want democracy or not?

It's was just not thought through, we have to be smart about this.

FYI @•eve• your signature says it all.. so if we just sit and let them take the country and divide it amongst themselves then we're as bad as they are.

Hehe, in my face. :bag:

But as I said, slowly but surly.

And I mean even if Boutefleka steps down, who is the alternative? Louisa Hanon? Binflees? No, thank you.

Also, the WGFJ show is not supposed to be funny... it's a satire type of show that tried to identify the issues and problems we have in Algeria under a comic atmosphere.

I'm watching more of it, still I feel the presenter is so awkward..

kamylood

kamylood
  • Members
  • 471 posts

What's wrong about the Arab spring ??? The people who protest, or the governments who kill protesters ??

Then, let's see what the Arab spring countries have in common : Corruption, poverty, unfairness...

and especialy the "President for ever" ! This is the main reason of all the Arab spring.

So making Bouteflika a president for the 4th time is exactly what we shouldn't do to avoid any conflict.

The reason that makes me convinced that we are doing a huge mistake, an act of suicide, a big backward walk to the middle ages, is that at the same era when other nations woke up to end this love story between the president and his chair... we decided to start that love story in our country!!

Are we blind ? Can't we just learn from the others experiences ??

These nations had a sad end of the story, why don't we have a happy end, and send bouteflika to his apartment, then get a new lover to the chair !

Why should it be a long pointless relationship, what happened to flings of 5 years !

Other people are doing great with that ! why shouldn't we ?

Also on the topic of running for presidency, those demonstrations in Algiers in my opinion were just wrong and didn't help the cause, I mean for Boutafleka to run for presidency is his absolute right, as it is for everyone else in this country.

For the records, Bouteflika was never a legal president.

He doesn't run for presidency to lose, and this time is not an exception. That's why people are protesting, we already know the results... Hello democracy !!

•eve•

•eve•
  • Validating
  • 364 posts
Contributor

salam

What's wrong about the Arab spring ??? The people who protest, or the governments who kill protesters ??

Then, let's see what the Arab spring countries have in common : Corruption, poverty, unfairness...

and especialy the "President for ever" ! This is the main reason of all the Arab spring.

So making Bouteflika a president for the 4th time is exactly what we shouldn't do to avoid any conflict.

The reason that makes me convinced that we are doing a huge mistake, an act of suicide, a big backward walk to the middle ages, is that at the same era when other nations woke up to end this love story between the president and his chair... we decided to start that love story in our country!!

Are we blind ? Can't we just learn from the others experiences ??

These nations had a sad end of the story, why don't we have a happy end, and send bouteflika to his apartment, then get a new lover to the chair !

Why should it be a long pointless relationship, what happened to flings of 5 years !

Other people are doing great with that ! why shouldn't we ?

Which people are doing great? Every single Arab country that had a revolution is messed up right now.

I'm completely against a revolution. Revolutions only create chaos.

I don't think there's a successful revolution out there, everyone likes the french example but I tend to disagree.

I feel that the only reason the french revolution worked was because of Napoleon that got to power through a military coup not democracy, and he was a dictator but he made France one of the greatest powers at the time.

Anyhow, back to the topic.

I ask again, what decent alternative is there to Beoutifleka?

We can't just get rid of the guy and then expect things to sort themselves out, we need a plan, currently there's none.

For the records, Bouteflika was never a legal president.

He doesn't run for presidency to lose, and this time is not an exception. That's why people are protesting, we already know the results... Hello democracy !!

Why was he never a legal president? Do you mean just the voting process or other things?

On the other side, everyone I know that's going to vote will vote for Beoutafleka to maintain peace, and through the years my parents and my extended family and everyone I know basically voted for him.

I'm not saying that the elections were always perfectly legal.

What I am saying is, if they were this time, I think they'd still be in favor of Beoutafleka.

I know I sound like I'm pro beoutefleka but I'm not.

I feel that in case of a revolution, there will be two highly likely outcomes, the first is a military coup like Egypt, we see how that's working out. And the second is international intervention, we also see how that worked in Libya.

kamylood

kamylood
  • Members
  • 471 posts

salam  ...

Which people are doing great? Every single Arab country that had a revolution is messed up right now.
I'm completely against a revolution. Revolutions only create chaos.

I never said that's great... I'm saying there is no thing wrong with concept of protesting, the wrong thing is killing protesters, that's why all these protestations went wrong.

I ask again, what decent alternative is there to Beoutifleka?

In these days, every one can replace Bouteflika, even a little spoiled girl or an old grandmother, or even a well dressed monkey  !!

You know why ?? Because Bouteflika is doing nothing but siting on the chair in front of the cameras ! It's people behind the stage who are making all the décisions instead of Boutef and all of us.

We can't just get rid of the guy and then expect things to sort themselves out, we need a plan, currently there's none.

You are right, we need a plan... And the first part of the plan is to save our country from any conflict !

As I mentioned in my last reply "making Bouteflika a president for the 4th time is exactly what we shouldn't do to avoid any conflict" 

That's why people protested in Tunisia, Egypt, Libya, Syria and Yemen, because of the "President for ever" thing. We are living the same scenario in Algeria ! 

People start to occupy streets, the official media ignores theme and talk about a collusion, then fire is opened on protesters... and the country is a big H_E_L_L !

That's what happened in Tunisa,.. and Husni Mubarak said "Egypt is not Tunisia", Kaddafi said "Libya is not Egypt", Abdullah Sallah said "Yemen is not Libya", then Bechar Al'Assad said "Syria is not Yemen" !!!

Aren't they All the same !!! Aren't we making the same mistakes !!!

Isn't Bouteflika our Husni Mubarak, or our Abdellah Salah ? We can't say Algeria is not Tunisia or Egypt.

A new president is not going to make our country any better, but at least he'll not make it worse. And we'll have our chance to think about getting better.

Why was he never a legal president? Do you mean just the voting process or other things?

The voting process is just a play we act in front of the world, it's khaled nezzar and his gang who chose the president for us. I'll post a video of him telling you this, I can't find it now.

I feel that in case of a revolution, there will be two highly likely outcomes, the first is a military coup like Egypt

Well, we don't need a revolution for that, it's the army who is taking over the country since the days of Boumedian.

Khaled Nezzar will explain it to you in the same video when I find it Incha'Allah.

• Apocalypse likes this

Apocalypse

Apocalypse

revolution

• Darja Gurus
  • 1,698 posts

Current mood: Procrastinating

Sorry I just hate this man!

Apocalypse

Apocalypse

revolution

• Darja Gurus
  • 1,698 posts

Current mood: Procrastinating

salam

I've read few posts and although I know I'm late but I guess it's never too late to say what we think of our government, because it won't change a thing anyway.

I'd like to say to Kamylood that Sellal and his band are not blind, nor deaf, they know very well what they're doing. But they just enjoy blinding and deafening the people, in such a way that the people start thinking that they are wrong and the Sellal Band is right. All the stupid people we saw on television saying I'm voting for the 4th term? Did they really want us to believe that? Well at first we didn't but they surely managed to make us wonder whether we were thinking right!

•eve•

•eve•
  • Validating
  • 364 posts
Contributor

salam

I never said that's great... I'm saying there is no thing wrong with concept of protesting, the wrong thing is killing protesters, that's why all these protestations went wrong.

I agree.

In these days, every one can replace Bouteflika, even a little spoiled girl or an old grandmother, or even a well dressed monkey !!

You know why ?? Because Bouteflika is doing nothing but siting on the chair in front of the cameras ! It's people behind the stage who are making all the décisions instead of Boutef and all of us.

My point exactly! So what is the point of electing a new president if it's going to make no difference since other people are making all the decisions?

Which is why I think, change needs to come slowly, from the bottom to top.

OR we get a dictator.. that seems to work with Arabs.

You are right, we need a plan... And the first part of the plan is to save our country from any conflict !
As I mentioned in my last reply "making Bouteflika a president for the 4th time is exactly what we shouldn't do to avoid any conflict"
That's why people protested in Tunisia, Egypt, Libya, Syria and Yemen, because of the "President for ever" thing. We are living the same scenario in Algeria !
People start to occupy streets, the official media ignores theme and talk about a collusion, then fire is opened on protesters... and the country is a big H_E_L_L !
That's what happened in Tunisa,.. and Husni Mubarak said "Egypt is not Tunisia", Kaddafi said "Libya is not Egypt", Abdullah Sallah said "Yemen is not Libya", then Bechar Al'Assad said "Syria is not Yemen" !!!
Aren't they All the same !!! Aren't we making the same mistakes !!!
Isn't Bouteflika our Husni Mubarak, or our Abdellah Salah ? We can't say Algeria is not Tunisia or Egypt.
A new president is not going to make our country any better, but at least he'll not make it worse. And we'll have our chance to think about getting better.

Well Boutifleka became president and nothing happened.

The voting process is just a play we act in front of the world, it's khaled nezzar and his gang who chose the president for us. I'll post a video of him telling you this, I can't find it now.

I realize that the generals, or the army is in control of almost everything that happens in Algeria, but they're getting older, they'll die soon enough, and the next generation I think wont be as committed as their predecessors, which will pave the way for change.

I'd like to say to Kamylood that Sellal and his band are not blind, nor deaf, they know very well what they're doing. But they just enjoy blinding and deafening the people, in such a way that the people start thinking that they are wrong and the Sellal Band is right. All the stupid people we saw on television saying I'm voting for the 4th term? Did they really want us to believe that? Well at first we didn't but they surely managed to make us wonder whether we were thinking right!

I think the people know everything.

Talk to normal people on the street and you'll be surprised how much politics they know, but they just like how things are, those 10 years of terrorism and murder weren't so long ago, people still remember how things were and they don't want it to happen again.

I mean if a kid like this can show you how corrupt and full of idiots our government is in a 15 mins video, then it's not so hard to see that everyone else is also aware of this.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: elections, algeria, politics, news