- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

^_^Chaouia^_^

^_^Chaouia^_^
  • Girls
  • 3,647 posts

Current mood: Woot!
salam i need the hadith about jinns, one sister ask me in algerie why they say its haram to pour hot water down the drain, her hubby told her there are jinns in the sink n if u pour hot water it kills the babies, i have not heard this before so i could not answer her, i only know about jinns in the hammam and in the toiliet, if anyone knows where in a hadith it says this please post it for me, or if this is just one of our things we say in algerie,
thank u
TamattuT nnegh machi ghir i waghrom
Tattali zang u yis wa Traffed' agastur."
The shawi woman isn't just for house work
She rides the horse and carries a sword.

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor
this has been stated many times that it's not good to pour hot water into the drain or toilet because you might hurt the jinn. I have never heard of a hadith about this exact issue so I am not sure where it comes from.

WgxUpZ6.png

^_^Chaouia^_^

^_^Chaouia^_^
  • Girls
  • 3,647 posts

yes see this the problem i looked forever, and i only found that we can hurt them by urinating on them, and by throwing hot water on them, this all that is stated in any hadith, also there were no sinks back then, and i never heard this in my house but one sister who moved to algers said her hubby said a hadith said its haram,

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor
That's not what I heard. I heard everytime you are about to throw boiling water down the drain/sink just say bismillah so the jins move out of the way.
I'll see if I can find something about it.
There are people with experience and people with opinions. Listen to one, smile at the other.
Posted Image

myriame

myriame
  • Girls
  • 1,189 posts

Current mood:
i heard the same thing as fatony
"You can't separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom"- Malcom X

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

But this saying applies to everything, not just boiling water and drains. even when going down stairs.. say bismillah because they could be sitting there.. or even when you climb into your bed. You need to get yourself fumiliar with the term Bismillah. You will have to use it a lot.

Hmm I said a sentence above that am not sure about.. do you say: Climb into your bed?

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor
ya you do Fatony.. if you're bed is 20,000 feet high :lol:

YazzyCherry

YazzyCherry
  • Girls
  • 699 posts

Current mood:
Are you sure this is not cultural? woah never heard of any of this!
they are made of fire so hot water hurts them? wouldn't cold water do the same~?
smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':S' /> i'm confused
Toodles xxx

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

I read somewhere that they are made from a Cold type fire.. because if you remember the story wher ethe prophet PBUH lead some people in the prayer and some jinni came to bother him.. the prophet grabbed him by the neck and the jinni' stongue touched the prophet's hand.. He described it as cold...

Once “while praying an obligatory prayer, he (saw) clenched his fist (during it), so when he had finished, the people said: ‘O Messenger of Allaah, did something happen during the prayer?’ He said: No, except that the devil wanted to pass in front of me, so I strangled him until I could feel the coldness of his tongue on my hand By Allaah! Had my brother Sulaimaan not beaten me to it (38:35-38), I would have tied him (the devil) to one of the pillars of the mosque so that the children of Madinah could walk round him. (Ahmad)

Also dunno if you saw those programs where they interact with ghosts and stuff? have you noticed how many times they said: Gosh I felt something cold walk passed me.

But yes. Hot water burns them. Like it burns us. Jahannam is made out of fire... does that mean they won't burnt in it? There was an example that a sheikh gave once...

A brick is made out of mud like we are made out of mud.. If I smack you with it.. you'll be in pieces
Also, my hand is made with skin, but if I slap you with it... it would hurt! same applies here

^_^Chaouia^_^

^_^Chaouia^_^
  • Girls
  • 3,647 posts

this is what i am asking, where is it, i dont need :" i read some where" or " i thought" i need the hadith, this is getting me no where,
thanks

Ithri

Ithri

Mnarvi-DZ

• Members
  • 1,191 posts

Current mood:
You have this hadith brought to us by Ahmad, Annassa'i, Abu Dawud and Elbayhaqi:

Qatada related from 'Abdullah ibn Sarjas who said, "The Messenger of Allah forbade urination into a hole." Said Qatadah, "What is disliked about urinating into a hole?" Said he, "It is the residence of the jinn." [Ibn Khuzaimah and Ibn as-Sakin classified it as sahih]

I couldn't find anything about hot water etc. But it can be found in Ibn Taymiya's book that " possession of the human by the jinn can occur from desires, lusts, passions, zealousness in the same way that a human is in accord with another human...And it also occurs, and this is the majority of the case, due to hatred and revenge. For example one of the humans harms a jinn or the jinn thinks the human was trying to harm them by urinating on some jinn or throwing some hot water on them, or a human might kill a jinn, even though a human might not have realized that."

There are many books which say epilepsy is caused by jinns
Un homme se leva et demanda permission d'appeler les fidèles à la prière.
Permission lui fût donnée:
- Vous pouvez les appeler, tant que vous les appelez à Dieu et non à vous-même.
- Mais comment saurais-je la différence?
- Si ça vous dérange que quelqu'un d'autre les appelle à Dieu, c'est que vous les appelez à vous-même.