• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor
As you probably know, I am a regular reader of the Algerian news papers and recently I have started to see many articles which are rather disturbing. Some of which are about the increase of Christianity conversions among the Algerian muslims. Some christian groups have started to hand out 1000DA for every Algerian who attends one of their churches on Fridays... read more

Post your comments below
There are people with experience and people with opinions. Listen to one, smile at the other.
Posted Image

playboisoldier

playboisoldier

Mr Amrani

• Members
  • 890 posts

Current mood:
eyi newspapers are stealing information from the site :o

ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME, AND ONLY HE SHALL GUIDE ME.

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor
nah mate lol. its other way round. I am using references from websites to back up my blogs

playboisoldier

playboisoldier

Mr Amrani

• Members
  • 890 posts

Current mood:
owwwww :wub: lool i knew that man

YazzyCherry

YazzyCherry
  • Girls
  • 699 posts

Current mood:
this is STUPID
you cant convert because of money and a job, you convert because you believe in the religion
those that converted arent true Christians because they dont believe but they weren't true muslims to begin with to give up their religion so easily. it even states in our religion that you get stoned if you convert to another religion.
Toodles xxx

^_^Chaouia^_^

^_^Chaouia^_^
  • Girls
  • 3,647 posts

Current mood: Woot!
well it has come down to this, we let those people into algerie, they even have an association for children, same ones who used to adopt out muslim babies in morocco to christians and jewish families now they are in algerie, they pass the word that they help out people, and kids, they give out money, just to see you convert,

but wait, give it at least 5 more years, and all of algerie will be a BLODDY mess again, don't think it wont, those who did it before are still there, waiting, and watching

what happen we never let things like that happen,we need to stand up for our rights in our country

protest!!
1. to keep the law no babies to non algerians adopted

2. no religious groups briving people to convert

3. to not let any non algerian to own land or property in our country, i dont care if they living there, but i dont want people from other countries taking our land!!!!
TamattuT nnegh machi ghir i waghrom
Tattali zang u yis wa Traffed' agastur."
The shawi woman isn't just for house work
She rides the horse and carries a sword.

YazzyCherry

YazzyCherry
  • Girls
  • 699 posts

Current mood:
Thats a bit harsh!
how is our country ever goin to grow and develop if we don't include other people
in fact it's a little racist too

We need to let go of this jingoistic nationalism and think it terms of MUSLIMS
we want our children to be brought up in their country, yes, but by only muslims and we want a muslim run government and land owned by muslims for the growth of the ummah, not for algeria to stop other peopel taking it's land

i mean you would also be inhibiting the tourist trade that way
why do you think morocco is so popular and rich? the british people take over! lol

^_^Chaouia^_^

^_^Chaouia^_^
  • Girls
  • 3,647 posts

not about not including them , its been like this since we got rid of the french, we did try at one time before to let others own property, and land, and many algerians suffered, ok yeah lets hand the land over to the non algerians and see if we have anouther israel state, many lied to get land that was not thiers,
yah they want to live in our country as muslims no problem with that,
but if we let like morocco do look at all the things now jewish own in thier, also think of the fact all the haram things that goes on there also,
well we are headed in that step now, sorry we were always proud of keeping our idenity and country i like to see it that way, ok so why in some gulf countries you as a foreigner can not own land there? or better yet have to get permission for many of them to marry forigners, cause they know what happens smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> learn from our past and other countries pasts smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor
I agree with Chaouia... we don't want to sell any part of our land no matter what.. I think it would be stupid that our grandparents gave their lives to free our land and then we come and give it away so easily.

WgxUpZ6.png

iman

iman
  • Girls
  • 657 posts

Current mood:
Gr, I wrote a long reply and it didn't post <.<

Anyway; its sad to see how low some people can stoop, I mean, from both sides.

The church offering money for attendance? How does that reflect on their religion? It obviously isn't a positive one seeing as no one is actually turning up out of their own free will.

Plus, desperate times call for desperate measures. Some families don't have an income, most men don't have any jobs, so its only obvious that people would go for it if they had no other way of making money.

Solutions should be found, rather than dramatisations. More jobs offered to more Algerians would be a start...
iman just posted something.

myriame

myriame
  • Girls
  • 1,189 posts

Current mood:
i understand the phrase "desperate times call for desperate measures" but i don't think you need to switch your religion, i think you need to strenghten ur religion...

yea people need jobs to have income, but job availability isn't the problem in Algeria. A lot of peolple from all over the place (North America, Europe, the middle east, & Asia) are moving to algeria to work - to open up businesses/corporations... so i don't think that having more jobs is the issue

i think the issue is the corruption evident in Algeria, it's everywhere - it has become the norm in algeria, children think stealing (even candy) is okay if the store owner wasn't paying attention to his products, adults don't care about anyone but themselves, and the biggest problem is the corruption in all of the different levels of governement...

John Maynard Keynes (the economist) said that the government needed/needs to monitor the natural flow in any market, and i have to agree with him.. the government should be providing for the country and change the current state of Algeria which they could easily do through fidcal and/or monetary policies... albeit they may lose a little money from their pockets. Keynes idea is basically that you have to spend inorder to save your country and he is right

how can a country be good if the governement itself - the institution and people who represent the country - are corrupt? it just doesn't make sense
"You can't separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom"- Malcom X

iman

iman
  • Girls
  • 657 posts

Current mood:

i understand the phrase "desperate times call for desperate measures" but i don't think you need to switch your religion, i think you need to strenghten ur religion...

Obviously switching your religion for money is wrong, I'm not condoning that, and never will, but you have to look at it from their situation as well as ours if you're going to find the cause for this problem. You can't resolve an issue if you don't know the reasons behind it...

Corruption is most definately the norm in Algeria, its unbelievable how it still exists so strongly in this day and age. If the government doesn't do something about it, then it will not be seen as a major crime from the people commiting it. Denunciation obviously isn't occuring, if more people did something about it, it wouldn't be such an issue.

A lot of peolple from all over the place (North America, Europe, the middle east, & Asia) are moving to algeria to work - to open up businesses/corporations...

Yes, they are, but why isn't the government helping Algerian citizens start up businesses and corporations? It is their home country after all...

But back to the issue of the churches trying to convert muslims, its stupid and evidently an 'in the moment' thing. I seriously doubt anyone 'converting' is actually converting. But its still a shame that they do have to resort to doing it in the first place.

♥ Rумïєє ♥

♥ Rумïєє ♥
  • Girls
  • 313 posts

Current mood:
WHEN THE PROPHET (PBUH)TOLD THE PEOPLE TO WORSHIP GOD ALONE (ALLAH)

THE NON MUSLIMS SAID

"WE WILL GIVE YOU ALL THE MONEY, JEWELS, WOMEN, RULERSHIP, FAME , ANYTHING YOU WANT AS LONG AS YOU STOP

THE PROPHET PBUH SAID

"EVEN IF YOU GAVE ME THE SUN IN ONE HAND, AND MOON IN THE OTHER, I WILL NEVER GIVE UP THIS MESSAGE OR RELIGION"

got sent that on myspace and reminded me of this lol
these people should be reminded of this fact
Rумïєє ♥

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor
good reply Rymcherry

I think what you guys don't understand is that in Algeria, people don't know or study about religion as we do in the west. We in the west try to learn more about religion and parents try to teach their kids so that they don't lose their identity to the western culture, people in Algeria think that since we're in a "Muslim" country, no need to put so much emphasis on religion. In fact most of the arab world, unfortunately, are trying to minimize the effect of religion on our daily lives.

In my opinion this should be done all over the world in this time and age, where American TV is in every muslim household and is feeding our kids all the rubbish and all the nonsense which makes the child think and WANT to be like them. This puts pressure on the parents of course financially because they can't afford to get their son or daughter that toy which they saw on tv (PS3 or PSP or WII). Also, the whole american gangster idea really sinks into their heads and they try to be like that, so they create their own groups at school where they beat other kids and steal their money and supplies.

This culture conflict lives inside of every person who lives in the west or who is brought up in the west, but we do our best not to give-in to it. Unfortunately, people in Algeria and after years of watching what goes on in France and how the French live and so on, they eventually wanna be like that. I swear i know many friends in Algeria who only have French channels and nothing else, the whole family doesn't pray and they know nothing about our deen.

In my opinion, the media is paving the road for these Algerian converts and making it easy for them to just accept Christianity as long as it brings with it that lifestyle and the feel of it.

♥ Rумïєє ♥

♥ Rумïєє ♥
  • Girls
  • 313 posts

Current mood:
mhhmmm agree with beebo
like for example in algeria all the people there were (astaghfirallah) idolising me because i was from england. which therefore meant to them i go clubbing, i go out 24/7, wear what ever etc.
its all influenced by the media.
i mean i was watching a documentary a few years ago on canal algerie i think, and they was showing the spread of christianity in bled kbayel and like one guy converted into christianity and then converted both his parents and they were more than happy and listen to this, the excuse his mum gave as to why she converted was " because Jesus said love your wife" I MEAN WHAT THE dirt KIND OF AN EXCUSE IS THATT!!! lol
shes tryna say in Islam you dont love your wife? kmt
anyways Allah yahdihoum

myriame

myriame
  • Girls
  • 1,189 posts

Current mood:

Yes, they are, but why isn't the government helping Algerian citizens start up businesses and corporations? It is their home country after all...

exactly, the government isn't doing anything hence the current issues that have arisen due to the fact....

iman

iman
  • Girls
  • 657 posts

Current mood:

i mean i was watching a documentary a few years ago on canal algerie i think, and they was showing the spread of christianity in bled kbayel and like one guy converted into christianity and then converted both his parents and they were more than happy and listen to this, the excuse his mum gave as to why she converted was " because Jesus said love your wife" I MEAN WHAT THE dirt KIND OF AN EXCUSE IS THATT!!! lol

ah my dad called me to watch that, but i didn't have time to watch tv lol
pathetic excuse, she obviously had nothing better to say

subhanallah, its scary to think that people outside of "Islamic" countries appreciate and follow their religion more than those outside of them and in Europe or other western countries...

imagine what would happen in the future

Ithri

Ithri

Mnarvi-DZ

• Members
  • 1,191 posts

Current mood:

not about not including them , its been like this since we got rid of the french, we did try at one time before to let others own property, and land, and many algerians suffered, ok yeah lets hand the land over to the non algerians and see if we have anouther israel state, many lied to get land that was not thiers,
yah they want to live in our country as muslims no problem with that,
but if we let like morocco do look at all the things now jewish own in thier, also think of the fact all the haram things that goes on there also,
well we are headed in that step now, sorry we were always proud of keeping our idenity and country i like to see it that way, ok so why in some gulf countries you as a foreigner can not own land there? or better yet have to get permission for many of them to marry forigners, cause they know what happens smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> learn from our past and other countries pasts smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I don't agree with this Chaouia.
I am happy to own property where I live and would find it unjust if I was denied this RIGHT.

Being muslim and in a muslim country doesn't mean we deprive the non-muslims/non-Algerians of their rights to live, work, own, etc. in our country.

As to the example of Israel, well it is not the same thing at all. The fact that Palestinians sold their houses and lands to israelis is a myth. Actually a very small percentage of palestinian land was effectively bought by the Israelis. What happened in Israel is not because of this tiny part which was sold but because Israel FORCED palestinans out of their houses in 48 and then invaded the rest in 67.

As to the Gulf countries, well I don't think we should use them as role models. They don't deserve it and it won't take us anywhere.

I think what you guys don't understand is that in Algeria, people don't know or study about religion as we do in the west. We in the west try to learn more about religion and parents try to teach their kids so that they don't lose their identity to the western culture, people in Algeria think that since we're in a "Muslim" country, no need to put so much emphasis on religion.

I am not convinced at all about what you saying here! You are considering a very very tiny part of muslim peoples in the west to make this statement. I am living in a country hosting the majority of our ppl abroad and I can tell you this is not the case here. And I could give examples from many other other countries around the world.
Plus ppl in Algeria do study islamic education from primary school up to high school and that's how most of us Algerians knew our religion. Then we have the mosques, TV, family, society, available books, etc. All participating in the education of the people.
Of course ppl do have to research more by themselves and make personal efforts and not everybody does it but this doesn't mean you can make such a sharp statement.
I noticed many ppl living (and brought up) abroad try to picture themselves (the group) as the ones who will help the muslim world, the saviors, as if those living in the muslim world were stupid, useless, uncommitted... This is day dreaming! The knowledge, the education, the culture, the heritage, the suitable environment, everything is in the muslim world and not abroad. I am not saying the situation at home is great, just that the situation abroad is not better!

This culture conflict lives inside of every person who lives in the west or who is brought up in the west, but we do our best not to give-in to it. Unfortunately, people in Algeria and after years of watching what goes on in France and how the French live and so on, they eventually wanna be like that. I swear i know many friends in Algeria who only have French channels and nothing else, the whole family doesn't pray and they know nothing about our deen.

Again here u taking a few cases to prove a point. so you are saying that it is easier for a kid to b brought up in the west (in the middle of negative things u described) and keep their values, than it is for a DZ kid in a muslim society (at home and outside). Come on this is not logical. Might be true for one or two but certainly not for everybody.

And recent polls in DZ show that majority of Algerians actually watch stupid arab 'muslim' channels, much much less than european ones... (I think both r crap and useless).

This conversion thing is not a high scale phenomenon and only weak people with some predispositions are targetted... And a weak person is weak no matter what. They need more support and teaching from their relatives, and that's the effort we need to stress on, not trying to find reasons impacting the whole society as if all Algerians were ready to switch religion for 2 doro or less.
Un homme se leva et demanda permission d'appeler les fidèles à la prière.
Permission lui fût donnée:
- Vous pouvez les appeler, tant que vous les appelez à Dieu et non à vous-même.
- Mais comment saurais-je la différence?
- Si ça vous dérange que quelqu'un d'autre les appelle à Dieu, c'est que vous les appelez à vous-même.

^_^Chaouia^_^

^_^Chaouia^_^
  • Girls
  • 3,647 posts

khouya ithri sorry i am not against them living there, working there as muslims and bringing good things, but i do not agree with them owning land, they may rent, thier children whom are born of at least one algerian parent may own, but what happens if they devorice and then decied they do not want to be muslim no more and then bring a christian or jewish new partner? then u see we will become like tunis, morocco, israel, this is what i fear most of all, and after what the french did to us, i am weary

Ithri

Ithri

Mnarvi-DZ

• Members
  • 1,191 posts

Current mood:
still, you are living in the US. Don't you want to buy a property and own your house. Wouldn't u call racist a system which would deny you this because u r muslim?

We have Algerians who r muslims, christians and jews who r living in DZ, equal.
Foreigners (muslims or not) of course don't have the same rights (and duties) as Algerians but they should b allowed to own property etc... This is just normal and I don't see it as a threat to the country. But I understand that they must be denied some specific stuff which are related to the wellbeing of Algeria. Like for example owning agricultural land is denied to non Algerians because agriculture is a strategic field, working in energy companies for the same reasons, etc. but this must not go too far.