20 replies to this topic

^_^Chaouia^_^

^_^Chaouia^_^
  • Girls
  • 3,647 posts

Current mood: Woot!
Post 1

Salaam Alaikum,

alhamdulilah considering how successful the last post was, let's try this again!

Hopeland is looking for Teachers of English, A Teacher of French, and Sales Representatives.
http://www.hopelanddz.com/8.html

1) For the English teachers, we prefer clear North American accents for the General English, but will consider other candidates, especially for the Business English classes.

Qualified candidates will have a 4-year degree in the English language, or be native or near-native speakers of English. Previous teaching experience preferred. Teacher training is provided. A proficiency test is required of all candidates.

2) We are also looking for a French teacher. French native speaker with teaching experience preferred. We use a student-centered approach at the school. The textbooks have not yet been selected, so the teacher will have input in the books we choose for the course. Preference will be given to teachers who also speak English so that they can participate in our teacher training program.

3) For the sales positions, this involves making high-level contacts at medium-size to multinational companies. In addition to General English, Business English and Medical English, we are also selling the community service side of Hopeland to potential sponsors. Projects include bringing in pre-selected textbooks to the university, renovating university buildings, and building playgrounds. This is a commission-based position which can be done part-time.

Qualified candidates will have a strong command of the English language, in addition to excellent communication skills in both Arabic and French. Hopeland sales reps must be professionally dressed, well-spoken, poised, calm, trustworthy, detail-oriented, have previous sales experiences, and work well with others.

I would be happy to answer any questions.

Baraka Allahu Fikum.

You may also pm me about this
TamattuT nnegh machi ghir i waghrom
Tattali zang u yis wa Traffed' agastur."
The shawi woman isn't just for house work
She rides the horse and carries a sword.

^_^Chaouia^_^

^_^Chaouia^_^
  • Girls
  • 3,647 posts

Post 2

serious cleaning lady, to come to work of 9:00 until19:00 in a home for one sister, u do only cleaning, no cooking and no chasing kids around, if u know anyone in the Al biar area, pm me please for details also state what u are looking for in salery

^_^Chaouia^_^

^_^Chaouia^_^
  • Girls
  • 3,647 posts

Post 3

Salaam Alaikum,

Hopeland Institute http://www.hopelanddz.com is now looking for an Administrative Director.

Requirements:

Administrative Management Experience (3-5 years)
University Degree in relevant field
Experience managing budgets
Motivated, hard-working professional
Convivial and inspiring but highly disciplined management style
Thrives on organization
Excellent attention to detail
Multitasker and problem solver
Proactive, enthusiastic and creative
Team player and works well with others
Very good communication skills in English, French, and Arabic
Excellent computer skills (esp. Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access)
Professional appearance and demeanor

Responsibilities:

Reports to General Manager
Works closely with Director of Studies and Accountant
Implements and maintains office organization systems
Budgeting and Bookkeeping
Customer relations and customer service
Oversees secretarial staff
Organizes class schedules
Creates and maintains contact database
Creates and maintains job descriptions and staff handbooks
Recruits new staff
Conflict resolution
Implements teacher/client assignments
Textbook inventory
Executes advertising strategies

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor
so why are they looking for an English teacher with north american accent? what's wrong with british teachers?
is it an american institute or something?
There are people with experience and people with opinions. Listen to one, smile at the other.
Posted Image

^_^Chaouia^_^

^_^Chaouia^_^
  • Girls
  • 3,647 posts

well they said cause the accent is clearer, but they do teach from american books, except in the medical they teach from the british books, but they would be open to any, as long as the accent is clear, and words are not shorten or eaten, i know myself when i hear someone from britten talking fast i dont understand nothing, but if they talk slow and clear i just love it, cause find the accent sooo nice

but anyways, these are good jobs for anyone who is looking, and u know in algerie jobs are hard to come by yes smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> inchallah someone will fill them

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,652 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor
haha it's ok fatony no hard feelings, you just have to accept the fact that you guys have a messed up accent :P

WgxUpZ6.png

Guest_Meryouma_*

Guest_Meryouma_*
  • Guests

haha it's ok fatony no hard feelings, you just have to accept the fact that you guys have a messed up accent :P

:thumbdown:

iman

iman
  • Girls
  • 657 posts

Current mood:
Yeah and Canadian accents have no difference to American accents, resulting in all Canadians being called Americans.

And British accents are clear, it just depends on the individual speaking!
iman just posted something.

^_^Chaouia^_^

^_^Chaouia^_^
  • Girls
  • 3,647 posts

ok thought someone might be able to refer a person they would think needed a great job, i dont make their requirments, just did a favor by posting trying to help out someone in algerie looking to get work, trying to do a good deed, but see it back fired,

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Relax chaouia. No body backfired your good deed sis. In fact its noble what you are doing. It's interesting that they are looking for teachers, it should be good for somebody who is going back to settle in Algeria for good.

So if somebody wants to refer a cousin, aunty or an uncle... then you know what to do.

♥JaNNaH♥

♥JaNNaH♥

Honorary Algerian

• Moderators
  • 5,092 posts

Current mood:
Um Post 4

BP careers in Algeria

BP is the largest investor in Algeria with three world-scale developments already underway. Our portfolio of business opportunities promise an exciting and rewarding future for our employees

http://www.bp.com/su...ntentId=2018379
Truly, to Allaah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return

Posted Image

♥JaNNaH♥

♥JaNNaH♥

Honorary Algerian

• Moderators
  • 5,092 posts

Current mood:
Post 5

http://www.bayt.com/...jobs-in-algeria

Bayt.com is the #1 job site in the Middle East with more than 30,000 employers and 2,750,000 registered job seekers from across the Middle East, North Africa, Pakistan, and the globe, representing all industries, nationalities and career levels. Post a job or find jobs on Bayt.com today and access the leading resource for job seekers and employers in the region.

p.s I think we should change the title to jobs in Algeria and pin it, it was a great idea Chaouia

^_^Chaouia^_^

^_^Chaouia^_^
  • Girls
  • 3,647 posts

smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> yes thanks lets do it and inchallah can help ones who are looking find a job there

♥JaNNaH♥

♥JaNNaH♥

Honorary Algerian

• Moderators
  • 5,092 posts

Current mood:
Post 6

http://www.jobsabroad.com/Algeria.cfm

♥JaNNaH♥

♥JaNNaH♥

Honorary Algerian

• Moderators
  • 5,092 posts

Current mood:
Post 7

Hopeland Institute is also now looking for a teacher of Mandarin Chinese (In addition to the positions on post 1)

Qualified candidates will be native speakers of Mandarin Chinese. Previous teaching experience required. Familiarity with and access to appropriate teaching materials necessary. Experience with Arabic and French-speaking students preferred but not required. English proficiency required.

http://www.hopelanddz.com/8.html

Hopeland Algeria

Hopeland Algeria
  • Girls
  • 25 posts
  • Location:100 Lot. Alioua Fodil, Cheraga, Algiers, ALGERIA Tel: 021.371.169

Current mood:
Salaam!

Love the new layout of the site!! Good job everyone involved...

Attn University or High School Students: If you are interested in free English classes in exchange for work experience over the summer in an English-speaking environment, please contact us at info@hopelanddz.com.

And for all you E-DZ.com'ers looking for work:

We are currently hiring English teachers! We offer:

* Encouraging “Family” Atmosphere
* Professional English-speaking Environment
* Monthly English Club Activities
* Free Bi-weekly Teacher Training Workshops
* Advanced English Classes with Native Speakers
* Onsite and Offsite Teaching Opportunities
* Cheraga and Bab Ezzouar Locations
* Competitive Pay Scale

Check out our website: http://www.hopelanddz.com for more information.
"Accomplish the Imaginable"

http://www.hopelanddz.com

Hopeland Algeria

Hopeland Algeria
  • Girls
  • 25 posts
  • Location:100 Lot. Alioua Fodil, Cheraga, Algiers, ALGERIA Tel: 021.371.169

Current mood:

well they said cause the accent is clearer, but they do teach from american books, except in the medical they teach from the british books, but they would be open to any, as long as the accent is clear, and words are not shorten or eaten, i know myself when i hear someone from britten talking fast i dont understand nothing, but if they talk slow and clear i just love it, cause find the accent sooo nice

but anyways, these are good jobs for anyone who is looking, and u know in algerie jobs are hard to come by yes smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> inchallah someone will fill them

I wanted to thank Chaouia for defending us and sticking her neck out!! We have teachers with Berber, French, Arabic, Algerian, American and British accents. Our program, however, focuses on American English for the very reason that British English, for some, is easier to understand. Understanding the way Americans condense the language to make it more efficient can be a big challenge for some. We believe it is important to be able to understand English from anywhere (which is why we invite members of the diplomatic community from all over the world to come and talk to our Hopeland Club members in English).

While we hire teachers with a range of accents, because of our speciality and niche in the market, we particularly are looking for teachers with a North American accent.

I hope that is clear! Please feel free to ask if you have any questions...

Apocalypse

Apocalypse

revolution

• Darja Gurus
  • 1,698 posts

Current mood: Procrastinating
thank you jannah and chaouia for these amazing posts, u just gave me HOPE, thx a lot for thinking about this

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

hope for... ?

AssosiaEmily

AssosiaEmily
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Current mood:
Hi All,

Sorry to comment on an old topic but it seems like the best place for me to ask!

I work for a mystery shopping/international purchasing company in the UK.

I urgently need to find someone in Algeria that is able to help me with a small project, however I'm not sure the best way of finding someone suitable for the job.

I have signed up with other forums and tried to put the word about but I don't seem to be having any luck.

The projects I run are mainly ad-hoc purchases (going into a supermarket, purchasing the correct product and shipping it to my client), however we do have auditing and research-type projects every now and then.

No experience or qualifications necessary, but I would need the shopper to speak English as unfortunately I don't speak Arabic or French!

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated! :helpsmilie:
Thanks
Emily
  • siskouvich likes this