- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor
With its three Rugby clubs – Rugby Club d’Alger, Stade Oranais and Mouloudia M’sila – Algeria is only two short of the number needed to establish a national federation.

Most of Algeria's rugby professionals, including both players and coaches, live in Europe. Mourad Kellal, who coaches the national team, is based in France's Vaucluse region.

Sofiane Benhassen, who also lays claim to the title of Algeria's national rugby selector, has visited a number of newspaper offices recently to promote his plan to give the oval ball a lasting home in Algeria.

"Algeria has 60 players playing in Europe, particularly in France and England, but we do not have the right to take part in international competitions," he told El Watan earlier this month.

Referring to a recent match in Tunisia which resulted in an 8-7 victory for the Greens, Benhassen added, "We’ve done our country proud in several tournaments and it wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that we're among the top 30 countries in the world and among the best four on the continent."

The return match, which should have been played in Oran several few weeks ago, was cancelled at the last minute due to unrest following football club Mouloudia d’Oran's relegation to Division II.

Source

New website: http://www.algerie-rugby.com/

WgxUpZ6.png

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA
  • Girls
  • 2,491 posts

Current mood:
WOW ,mashallah never new alge guys are sporty.
i wish i can be in one of the teams. smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

:I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody: