- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

^_^Chaouia^_^

^_^Chaouia^_^
  • Girls
  • 3,647 posts

Current mood: Woot!
Here are some differant tea recipes to try out smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Mint Iced Tea

1 quart water
4 family size tea bags (recommended: Luzzienne)
2 cups sugar
1 bunch mint leaves
1 lemon, slices for garnish

In a large pot bring the water to a boil. Remove pot from heat, add the tea bags, cover with a lid, and allow tea to steep in water for 20 minutes. Take a 1 gallon jug and pour the sugar into the jug and cover with some hot tap water. Stir the sugar around to dissolve while the tea is steeping. Once the tea has steeped, remove the lid and the tea bags. Pour the tea into the jug with the sugar, stir, and place the tea bags back into the jug. Stir the tea well, making sure the sugar dissolves. Fill the jug with cold water to yield 1 gallon.
To serve, pour each glass of tea and garnish with a slice of lemon and mint leaves.

Peach Iced Tea

3 orange pekoe tea bags
4 cups cold water
5 (5-ounce) cans peach nectar (about 3 1/3 cups), chilled
1/4 cup chilled simple syrup or to taste

Simple syrup:
1 1/3 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups water
Peach slices for garnish

Place tea bags in a quart-size glass measure or heatproof bowl.
In a saucepan bring water just to a boil and pour over tea bags. Steep tea 5 minutes and strain through a sieve into a heatproof pitcher. Cool tea and chill, covered, until cold, about 1 hour.
Stir in nectar and syrup. Serve tea over ice in tall glasses and garnish with peach slices and basil sprigs.
To make simple syrup: In a saucepan bring sugar and water to a boil, stirring, and boil until sugar is completely dissolved. Let syrup cool and chill, covered. Syrup may be made 2 weeks ahead and chilled, covered.

Pekoe Citrus Tea

Medium container with 1/2 pound Orange Pekoe tea, loose
Small container with 6 pieces crystallized ginger
Small container with 2 tablespoons dried mint leaves
Small container with 1 tablespoon dried lemon peel
5 cinnamon sticks
Small container with 1/2 cup raw sugar cubes
Ball strainer

Place lemon rind onto sheet pan and bake for 3 hours in a 200 degree oven. For a delicious pot of tea, place the following into the ball strainer: 6 teaspoons tea 1/4 teaspoon mint leaves Piece cinnamon stick Piece dried lemon peel Small piece crystallized ginger

Place ball strainer in teapot and pour barely boiling water over it. Steep for 5 minutes, add sugar and ice as desired and ENJOY!

Mint Tea

10 fresh mint sprigs, plus 4 for garnish
3 teaspoons green tea
3 tablespoons sugar
4 cups water

Boil water. Pour a small amount in teapot and swish around to warm the pot. Combine the mint and green tea and sugar in the teapot, then fill it with the rest of the hot water. Let tea brew, stirring the leaves once or twice, for 3 minutes. Pour tea through a tea strainer into glass teacups to serve. Garnish with remianing 4 sprigs of mint.

Chai Tea

1 tablespoon fennel seed
6 green cardamom pods
12 whole cloves
1 cinnamon stick
1 (1/4-inch) piece ginger root, peeled and thinly sliced
6 black peppercorns
7 cups water
2 tablespoons Darjeeling tea or lipton also works good
4 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cup milk

In a medium saucepan, combine fennel seed, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon stick, ginger root, peppercorns and water. Boil for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and steep for 10 minutes. Add the tea, bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
Strain mixture, discard spices and return the tea to the saucepan. Stir in the brown sugar and milk. Serve immediately.
TamattuT nnegh machi ghir i waghrom
Tattali zang u yis wa Traffed' agastur."
The shawi woman isn't just for house work
She rides the horse and carries a sword.

Sara

Sara
  • Girls
  • 578 posts

Current mood: Bookworm
thanks chaouia , but gosh!! im from the south we prepare tea a lot , and those tea bags ??!! sorry but eww :yucky:

^_^Chaouia^_^

^_^Chaouia^_^
  • Girls
  • 3,647 posts

looool but i like them in iced tea, and the loose tea in hot teas smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> but there are some good tea bag ones, well not when u drink it alone, but when u mix flavors with it smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
omg yes in the south heard they make the best mint tea , inchallah one day i go to see smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA
  • Girls
  • 2,491 posts

Current mood:
i am the tea lover

:I donít know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody:

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA
  • Girls
  • 2,491 posts

Current mood:
I recommend this drink to everyone, its just a great chilling drink, its gives back Ur energy when you run out and most of all when ever you get a bad headache, you can drink it anywhere at any time, so not only in summer, and here is how i make it. ;)

Homemade Lemonade

Makes 1.5 litre (6 cups)

Ingredients:

5 sprigs fresh mint
3 cups fresh lemon juice
1 TBS sugar
2 cups water
7 ice cubes

Mix all the ingredients together in a jug and serve.
Tip decorate the cup with some lemon slice around the edge.

Enjoy! ;)

Posted Image

^_^Chaouia^_^

^_^Chaouia^_^
  • Girls
  • 3,647 posts

saha rourou looks very nice will try it smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> hay if u find more of the drinks share please i do like to get creative with them smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
hugs

Fares ›«—”

Fares ›«—”
  • Members
  • 296 posts

Current mood: Breezy
OMG, i wanted to know how to make this! we've had alot of it here in Emirates, its a very nice drink. Thanks sis!

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA
  • Girls
  • 2,491 posts

Current mood:
This drink is natural,t0 leave it that way, just make sure you don’t put too00o much sugar, and do not use soda water there is no use of it then, Just go by lemonade from the shops full of gasses, so that is why this is a pure natural drink. You can leave some of the na3na3 leaves in the cups it'll look nice.If you wish to eat it the ta3na3 plz do.
sa7teen shabab.

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA
  • Girls
  • 2,491 posts

Current mood:
I remember when I made beetroot juice it did not taste nice to be honest but I 7atamtoo, oh well I thank my lord it didn’t paralyze my vocal chords, don’t you do what I’ve done, that’s why knowledge is light but now i know that I must mix it with some fruit. It’s his fault (chief Osama).OK before we start juicing let me first share with you some important information on BEETROOT.

BEET JUICE
"The Healthy Red Drink"

Important:
Never drink beet juice by itself. Beet juice should always be mixed with other vegetables and/or apple juice. Pure beet juice (from the bulb or greens) can temporarily paralyse your vocal chords, make you break out in hives, increase your heart rate, cause chills or a fever.

Use moderately. Both the roots and greens are powerful cleansers of the body. Beets are said to really cleanse the blood and kidneys and this is why it is suggested you use beets moderately.

Beets have a very nice taste and you really enjoy both the colour of beet juice and the flavour. But do make sure you realize that beets are a tremendously powerful vegetable.

Beets are probably one of the most powerful vegetables available. Beets are known for causing both stools and urine to turn red and if this happens don't be surprised.
Beet is something that is really a boon for your body. It cleanses your system and increases haemoglobin, along with purifying your blood.

A Good Source Of: Calcium, Sodium, Chlorine, Sulfur, Vitamin B-6, Iron, Potassium, Vitamin A, and Choline.

Traditionally Used For: Anemia, Circulatory Problems, Kidneys, Lymphatic Circulation, Bladder Problems, Eye Fatigue, Skin Problems, Menstrual Problems, Tiredness, Menopause, Liver, and Weight Loss Problems.

Tips:

Beets are best used in small amounts.
Consider mixing beets with apples, cucumber, carrots, etc.*not on their own in the blender*
Do not make a bloody mess for your wife/sister/mother to clean it up.
You don’t have to use what’s on the ingredients you call always take/add what do/don’t like. My ideas (carrots, green apples, celery sticks, handful spinach leaves…)

Ingredients
1 small grated cucumber
1 grated beetroot
1/2 cup grated pineapple
4 apples - cut in 4
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp grated ginger (optional)
Some ice
Half a Lemon

Method
Blend the beetroot, ginger, pineapple and cucumber along with water. Boil the apple cubes and grind along with the sugar. Then mix with the other juice and again ouree everything together to form an even juice. Strain the mixture, and then pour it into glasses. Garnish with ice cubes and mint leaves and serve chilled.

This juice is not only tasty, it serves as a toxin-remover for the entire body. So drink this at least once a week; your body will surely thank you for this!

Posted Image

♥JaNNaH♥

♥JaNNaH♥

Honorary Algerian

• Moderators
  • 5,092 posts

Current mood:
I adore beetroot, I can eat them like fruit, I had no problem with my voice or any of the other things you're talking about, and my family used to happily eat it alone too, my ucle in law loves it and when he was staying with us last ramadan we had it quite often. You're giving me a craving for it now. I only have the one in it's own juice in the vacuum pack! I don't fancy fighting with a whole fresh one, they're a bit awkward!
Truly, to Allaah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return

Posted Image

♥JaNNaH♥

♥JaNNaH♥

Honorary Algerian

• Moderators
  • 5,092 posts

Current mood:
Mmmm sounds really nice and refreshing

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA
  • Girls
  • 2,491 posts

Current mood:
what eever janna :nana:
kidding

well maybe bebcos they wont drinking it to go though their blood stream,eating and drinking are tow different things.well you must have rabbit teeth becoz ya janna beet are really hard to bits like ammm potatos.it'll brake my teeth if i bite so hard. ;)

^_^Chaouia^_^

^_^Chaouia^_^
  • Girls
  • 3,647 posts

thanks sis, i also love beets so much smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> with carrots yumm

♥JaNNaH♥

♥JaNNaH♥

Honorary Algerian

• Moderators
  • 5,092 posts

Current mood:
No I eat the ones in the vacuum packs, they're ready cooked and sweet, fresh tasting and delicious, not a whiff of vinegar or anything yucky

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA
  • Girls
  • 2,491 posts

Current mood:
Oh sorry hun know I understand what ur talking about, oh yes I use it eat that but I didnít like it I prefer to make my own.
;)

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA
  • Girls
  • 2,491 posts

Current mood:

Mmmm sounds really nice and refreshing

WELL SPREAD UR ARMS IN THE KITCHN AND MAKE IT! becoz I am NOT going to make it for you Janna. :unibrow:

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA
  • Girls
  • 2,491 posts

Current mood:
This is a great booster drink for the morning. You can add any other type of fruit you desire a great one would be strawberry, magoes and even ice cream, if you have only bananas please be satisfied with what you have, you have enough. I don’t recommend you to put honey it won’t taste nice because bananas are already sweet.

Banana smoothie

Ingredients
2 cups skim/full cream milk
2 bananas’s roughly chopped
Ice cubes

Method

Place all ingredients in the blender,
Blend until smooth, serve in 2 tall glasses.
DT (decoration tip) put one slice of a banana around the edge of the glass on spread some cacao or cinnamon on top.

sa7teen on the kalb ;)
Posted Image

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor
ohhh yeaah i forgot to say that this is what i drink every morning for breakfast :P

WgxUpZ6.png

♥JaNNaH♥

♥JaNNaH♥

Honorary Algerian

• Moderators
  • 5,092 posts

Current mood:
We always have this at ramadan smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

^_^Chaouia^_^

^_^Chaouia^_^
  • Girls
  • 3,647 posts

thanks sis reminds me of algers in the summer at the beach and the banan juice they serve up there so refreshing