- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA
  • Girls
  • 2,491 posts

Current mood:
beeb i had a feeling you have smoothy for breakfast coz i do too ;) when there are bananas available.
chaouia you just made me picture of how it would be like in summer at the beach and the banan juice they serve up there so refreshing .janna i don't recommend smoothy as a good Ramadan drink its too think for the ma3ida. :rolleyes:

thanx.

:I dont know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody:

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA
  • Girls
  • 2,491 posts

Current mood:
The beauty of making your own natural juices not to mention money savings, gives you knowledge of what is in that juice and obviously you wont lie to your self and say “no added sugar” so all natural in natural, you don’t need to take concerns about whether it causes cancer (soft drinks) neither worry about how much sugar is added to that “natural orange juice’. I also find it native making your own natural juices and keeping it in bottles. You’ll also feel good about your self that you’ve actually made some juice for the family.

A Note about Carrots

A special note about carrots is in order. Like virtually all vegetables, there are hundreds, if not thousands, of phytonutrients (i.e. nutrients in plants not otherwise classified) in carrots that have not yet been identified or tested for cancer-fighting abilities. It may be that we do not yet know the best cancer-fighting nutrient in carrots, but based on many testimonials and some books, carrots may be the best cancer-fighting vegetable of all.
Carrot juice is a nutritious drink and easy to make without a fancy juice machine. Adding orange juice to the juice makes it especially tasteful and a typically Nicaraguan drink.

How to Make Carrot Juice

1. Place 2 pounds (1 kg) of clean carrots in a blender or food processor. Process until finely chopped or mashed. (One may have to add a small amount of water if the carrots are not very moist.)
2. Pour mixture into a large glass measuring cup and add 2 cups (500 ml) hot water.
3. Let mixture stand for 15 to 30 minutes.
4. Strain the juice into a 2 quart (2 L) pitcher.
5. (optional, but tasty) Add the juice of 2 oranges OR lemon.
6. Serve over ice.

Tips

*Drink juice immediately or within a few days. Carrot juice does not keep for long and tastes best when fresh.
*Carrot juice tends to settle quickly, so stir the pitcher before serving.
*Undiluted pure carrot juice (skipping the optional steps) has a consistency and texture similar to whole milk.

Posted Image

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA
  • Girls
  • 2,491 posts

Current mood:
[b]*Green tea is best used for staying up late 1 hour x by 1 cup.

My personal tips on green tea:

1)Do not drink it on a empty stomach because you will feel veryh weak.
2)If you feel short of breath stop drinking it NOW.
3)You may go(hypo) :laughing: :dance:

How to make green tea.

Steps

1. Determine how many cups of green tea you want to make. The original guideline for brewing is one teaspoon (5 ml) of green tea leaves (or pearls) per one cup of water. This will yield one cup of brewed tea.
2. Measure out the desired amount of green tea leaves (or pearls) and place them in your tea strainer or sieve.
3. Fill a non-reactive pot or pan (glass or stainless steel) with water and heat it to about 180 F (80 C). You can use a candy thermometer to watch the temperature, but if you don't have one, then keep an eye on the water so that it doesn't boil.
4. Place the filled tea strainer or sieve into an empty mug.
5. Pour the heated water into the mug, over the tea leaves.
6. Steep the tea leaves for 2 - 2 1/2 minutes but not any longer, or else your tea will become bitter.
7. Let your tea cool a few moments and enjoy your perfect cup of green tea.

Tips

* Filtered water is especially recommended, especially if your tap water has a distinct taste or smell.
* You can shorten your preparation time by heating your water in your microwave.
* A glass coffee press (if you're making more than one cup) or a glass mug (if you're making one cup at a time) will allow the tea to cool quickly, minimizing bitterness.
* If you drink a lot of green tea, consider installing a hot-water dispenser on your kitchen sink. The temperature is perfect for green tea.
* To re-use your tea leaves (or pearls) just plunge the tea strainer into a cup of ice water immediately after the steeping process.

Warnings

* The biggest mistake you can make with green tea is to steep it in water that's too hot. Green, white or silver teas are different from black teas in that they need water that's only about 180 to 185 (80 C to 85 C).
* The second biggest mistake is to steep for too long. Green tea shouldn't be steeped for more than 2 to 2 1/2 minutes. White or silver teas should be steeped for even shorter periods--a minute and a half is usually perfect.

here are just a few medical conditions in which drinking green tea is reputed to be helpful:

* cancer
* rheumatoid arthritis
* high cholesterol levels
* cariovascular disease
* infection
impaired immune function

Visit:

http://www.o-cha.com/brew.htm

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor
Roukaya,, too many instructions...
You have to simplify it..

What's all this thermometer, non-reactive bull...
Grab the tea leaves, put them in a pot.. add water.. put to heat... when u start smelling tea smell in your kitchen, then it is done.. make enough for 20 even though there are only 5.
I recommend you put it in a flask, to avoid re-heating everytime.
There are people with experience and people with opinions. Listen to one, smile at the other.
Posted Image

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA
  • Girls
  • 2,491 posts

Current mood:

Roukaya,, too many instructions...
You have to simplify it..

What's all this thermometer, non-reactive bull...
Grab the tea leaves, put them in a pot.. add water.. put to heat... when u start smelling tea smell in your kitchen, then it is done.. make enough for 20 even though there are only 5.
I recommend you put it in a flask, to avoid re-heating everytime.

why don't come and teach me how to make my owngreen tea faty????

what about if there is not tea smell in the matbah. :rolleyes:

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

why don't come and teach me how to make my owngreen tea faty????

what about if there is not tea smell in the matbah. :rolleyes:

then you have not turned on your gas cooker! ;)

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA
  • Girls
  • 2,491 posts

Current mood:
meeh!

♥JaNNaH♥

♥JaNNaH♥

Honorary Algerian

• Moderators
  • 5,092 posts

Current mood:
Thanks for the info, don't worry about Fatony, if it's over 3 words his attention wanders :P
Truly, to Allaah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return

Posted Image

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA
  • Girls
  • 2,491 posts

Current mood:
He thinks he can cook green tea better then me!hmm :boohoo:

♥JaNNaH♥

♥JaNNaH♥

Honorary Algerian

• Moderators
  • 5,092 posts

Current mood:
don't quite know how you'd compare, you're a little far apart!

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA
  • Girls
  • 2,491 posts

Current mood:
what??compare who with who..

♥JaNNaH♥

♥JaNNaH♥

Honorary Algerian

• Moderators
  • 5,092 posts

Current mood:
Your tea against Fatonys!

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA
  • Girls
  • 2,491 posts

Current mood:
Health Benefits of Juicing

If you are looking for an easy and effective way to do something good for you body, consider the health benefits of juicing. Juicing is preparing and drinking fruit and vegetable juices, and the many health benefits of juicing far exceed those of eating solid fruits and vegetables.

For one thing, the body can quickly absorb larger amounts of nutrients from juices than from solid foods because the process of digestion that is necessary when you eat whole foods is bypassed. Raw fruits and vegetables contain many substances that enhance health, and juicing benefits the body by providing the most concentrated and readily absorbed source of these substances.

Another one of the major health benefits of juicing is that it is an easy way to get beneficial enzymes, which are primarily found in raw foods, into the body. Enzymes in fresh fruits and vegetables have the vital role of converting food into body tissue and energy. Enzymes are also involved in metabolism, so one of the more valuable health benefits of juicing is that it can increase metabolic rate. Juicing also ensures that the body is getting sufficient amounts of phytochemicals, substances in plants that are considered among the most powerful ways to fight disease. While most people do not eat enough raw fruits and vegetables to obtain the amount of phytochemicals that would make a difference, it is relatively easy to drink enough juice to obtain sufficient amounts of these powerful nutrients. In addition, antioxidants and other immune enhancing properties are concentrated in juices.

Juicing can therefore help to accelerate recovery from illness. In fact, juicing with specific combinations of fruits or vegetables can target particular conditions and improve or alleviate symptoms.

Benefits of Juicing JUICING FOR CFS

There are many advantages juicing can have on your health, whether it be preventing disease or aiding in the recovery process of an illness.

When you live with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) you often don't have the energy or strength to be chopping up fruit and vegetables daily, let alone eating your way through large amounts of foods. So juicing offers the perfect solution. In this way you can ensure that you get your daily requirements through the nutrition of the juice.

Juicing is also fantastic for those who suffer from digestive problems as the juice is easily absorbed by the body. A juice can also be a great substitute for a meal for those who have a poor appetite.

So, what are the benefits of juicing?

* High in vitamins, minerals and enzymes (which makes food easier to digest)
* Powerful blood cleanser
* Helps to fight disease
* Proven healing properties
* Energising
* Easily absorbed
* Quick and easy to prepare
* Detoxifies the body
* Concentrated phyto-chemicals and antioxidants
* Reduces acidity in the body

As listed above, there are numerous benefits to juicing. With their high intake of vitamins, minerals and enzymes, they provide an instant supply of nutrients; which can help to build a healthy and strong immune system.

Juicing has become a part of my daily life and I suggest it becomes a part of yours too!(girlz)

READ MORE .amazing information....

Juicers...Reviews & Recipes

*Health Benefits of Juicing

Articles

Live Juice and Mental Wellbeing

Posted Image

Happy juicing! :wub:

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

today i had a banana and kiwi smoothie... wooooooooooooow boys and girls.. best smoothie ever... I had to be dragged out by my boss cos i was just about to get another!

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA
  • Girls
  • 2,491 posts

Current mood:

today i had a banana and kiwi smoothie... wooooooooooooow boys and girls.. best smoothie ever... I had to be dragged out by my boss cos i was just about to get another!

What can I say.....you made speechless :o sa7teeen anywayz. :rolleyes:

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA
  • Girls
  • 2,491 posts

Current mood:
~Bright eyes~

Thin-skinned citrus fruits like clementines can be put through the juicer without peeling, adding a zesty kick to the final mix-and saving time when you're in a hurry. This vibrant, intensely flavored carrot and clementine combination is packed with vitamin A, which is essential for healthy vision and vitamin C to give an extra boost to the whole system.

I strongly recommend this drink for people with weak low eyesight (not only them),I drank a howl jag of carrot juice, the next morning I felt as if somne has zoomed in or enlarge the writing on my PC,subhanallah,so drinking it would much easier to go through your blood streams its quicker then eating it,it'll take longer to digest and go through your blood stream and into the right vitamin.

*Makes 2 glasses

200g/7oz carrots
6 clementines, plus extra wedges or slices to decorate
Ice cubes

1) Scrub the carrots and, using a sharp knife, chop them into chunks of a similar size. Quarter the clementine, discarding any pips (seeds.)

2) Push the Clementine quarters through a juice, and then repeat the procedure with the carrot chunks.

3) Pour the juice over ice cubes in fall glasses and decorate each glass with a wedge or slice of clementine, if you like.

Posted Image

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

~Apple shiner~

Enjoy radiant skin and an instant energy boost with this cleansing fusion of apple,honeydew melon,red grapes and lemon.this is a good drink to make in the spring,when all of these fruits are widely available.if you cannot get hold of honeydew melon,however,you can use any other as a substitute in this juice,as long as it's ripe.

*Make 1 glass

1/2 honeydew melon
1 apple
90g/3 1/2oz red grapes
15 ml/1 tbsp lemon juice

1) Using a sharp knife,cut the melon into quarters,scoop out the seeds with a spoon and slice the flesh away from the skin.quarter the apple and remove the core if you like.

2) Using a juicer,juice the fruit.
Alternatively,process the fruit in a food processor or blender for 2-3 minutes until smooth.pour the juice into a glass,stir in the lemon juice and serve.
the fruit

**Cook's Tip**
This drink is refreshingly sharp and tangy,but if you use really sweet apple and melon you might want to add a dash more lemon juice.Taste and see before serving.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

~Melon pick-me-up~

This spicy blend of melon,pear and fresh root ginger will revive your body,stimulate your circulation and fire into action.Its is a great drink to serve at any time of the day,whether you're relaxing with a late breakfast or reviving flagging energy levels at the end of a days work.serve really chilled,adding some crushed ice or ice cubes if you like.

*Makes 1 glass

2 pears
1/2 cantaloupe melon
2.5cm/1in piece of fresh root ginger

1) Using a sharp knife,quarter the pears.
Slice the melon in half and scoop out the seeds with a spoon.Cut the flesh away from the skin,then quarter.

2) Using a juicer,juice all the ingredients,pour into a tall glass and serve immediately.

>>>>>>>>>>>>

~Cherry berry trio~

Strawberries and grapes have long been reputed to cleanse and purity the system, while cherries and strawberries and rich in vitamin C. This trio of pump, ripe fruits is packed with natural fruit sugars and needs absolutely no sweetening. Try and really spoil yourself once in a while.

*Makes 2 large glasses

200g/7oz/1 cups strawberry
250g/9oz/2 cups red grapes
150g/50z/1 cups red cherries, pitted
Ice cubes grapes

1) Halve two or three strawberries and set aside with a few perfect cherries for decoration. Cut up any large strawberries, then push
through a juicer with the remaining grapes and cherries.

2) Pour into glassee, top with the halved fruits, cherries and ices cubes, and serve immediately. To make a fun decoration, skewer a halved strawberry or a grape on cocktail stick (toothpick) and hang a cherry by its stem.

**Cook’s tip**
Each year, the cherry season passes all too swiftly, so enjoy them in their full glory in this refreshing blend of sweet fruity, fragrant red juices.

Posted Image

>>>>>>>>>>>

~Red defender~

Boost your body’s defenses with this delicious blend of red fruits. Watermelon and strawberries are a good source of vitamin c and the black watermelon seeds, like all other seeds, are rich in essential nutrients. If you really don’t like the idea of blending the seeds, remove them first.

*Makes 2 glasses

200g/7oz/1 cups strawberries
Small bunch red grapes, about 90/3 oz
1 small wedge of watermelon

1) Full the strawberries and halve them if they are large. Pull grapes from their stalks. Cut away the skin from the watermelon.

2) Put the watermelon in a blender or food processor and blend until the seeds are broken up. Add the strawberries and grapes and blend until completely smooth, scraping the mixture down from the side of the bowl, if necessary. Serve in tall glasses.

**Cook’s tip**
Decorate this juice with chunks of watermelon or strawberry or strawberry halves.

Posted Image

>>>>>>>>>>

~Orange and raspberry smoothie~

This exquisite blend combines the sharp-sweet taste of raspberry and the refreshing fruitiness of oranges with smooth yogurt. It tastes like creamy, fruit heaven in a glass. Even better, it takes just a minutes to prepare, making it perfect as a quick breakfast juice for people in a hurry or, indeed, as a refreshing drink at any other of day.

*Makes 2-3 glasses

250g/90oz/1 1/3 cups raspberries, chilled
200ml/7fl oz/scant 1 cup natural (plain)
Yogurt, chilled
300ml/1/2 pint/1 1/4 cups freshly squeezed orange juice chilled.

1) Place the raspberries and yogurt in a blender or food processor and process for about 1 minute until the mixture is smooth and creamy

3) Add the orange juice to the raspberry and yogurt mixture and process for another 30 seconds or until thoroughly combined. Pour into tail glasses and serve immediately.

**Cook’s tip**
For a super-chilled version, use frozen raspberries instead of fresh. You may need tom blend the raspberries and yogurt for a little longer to get a really smooth result.

Posted Image

>>>>>>>>>>

~Sweet dream~

A soother blend granted to waken you up slowly, this fruity threesome is natural sweet so there is no need for any additional sugar. Fresh grapefruit juice marries brilliantly with the dried fruits, and rich creamy yogurt makes a delicious contrast of colure and flavor -simply perfect to sip a leisurely breakfast while reading the newspaper.

*Makes 2 glasses
25g/10z/scant cup dried figs or dates, stoned (pitted)
50g/2oz/scant cups full cream (whole) milk
30 ml/2tbsp Greek (US strained plain) yogurt

1)Put the dried fruits in a blender.Squeeze the grapefruit juice and add to the machine. Blend until smooth, scarping the mixture down from the side of the bowl, if necessary. Add the milk and blend until completely smooth.

2) Using a teaspoon, tap a spoonful of the yogurt around the inside of each two tall glasses. Pour in the fruit mixture and serve immediately.

**Cooks’ tip**
For a dairy-free version of this drink, omit the yogurt and use soya or rice milk instead of ordinary milk. The consistency of the smoothie will not be as creamy but it will still be delicious-and perhaps better for those who prefer a lighter drink.

>>>>>>>>>>>

~Raspberry and oatmeal smoothie~

Just a spoonful or so of oatmeal gives substance to this tangy, invigorating drink. If you can, prepare it ahead of time because soaking the raw oats helps to break down the starch into natural sugars that are easy to digest. The smoothie will thicken up in the refrigerator so you might need to stir in a little extra juice or mineral water juts before serving.

*Makes 1 large glass

25ml/1 tbsp medium oatmeal
150g/50oz/scant 1 cup raspberries
5-10ml/1-2tsp clear honey45ml/3tbsp natural (plain) yogurt

1) Spoon the oatmeal into a heatproof
bowl. Pour in 120ml/4fl oz/1/2 cup boiling water and leave to stand for about 10 minutes.

2)Put the soaked oats in a blender or food processor and add all but two or three of the raspberries, the honey and about 30ml//2tbsp of the yogurt. Processor until smooth, scraping down the side of the bowl if necessary.

3) Pour the raspberry and oatmeal smoothie into a large glass, swirl in the remaining yogurt and top with the reserved raspberries.

**Cook’s tip**
If you don’t like raspberry pips (seeds) in your smoothies, press the fruit through a sieve with the back of a wooden spoon to make a smooth puree, and then process with the oatmeal and yogurt as before. Alternatively, try using redcurrants instead of the raspberries. Although a steaming bowl of porridge can’t be beaten as a winter warmer, this smooth, oaty drink makes a great light alternative in warmer months. It is a good way to make sure you get your fill of wholesome oats for breakfast.

>>>>>>>>>>

~Honey and banana milkshake~

This delicious drink demonstrates just smooth and creamy a milkshake can be, even without using dairy produce. Make it using either soya or rice milk together with a vanilla-flavored, iced non-dairy dessert to achieve a surprisingly rich and creamy flavor. Bananas make a nutritious, energy-boosting adding to drinks-this one is almost a meal in itself.

*Makes 2 glasses

2 bananas
30ml/2 tbsp clear honey
15ml/1 tbsp lemon juice
300ml/ pint/11/4 cups soya or ice milk
4 scoops vanilla iced non-dairy dessert

1) Break the banana into pieces and put in a blender or food processor with the honey and lemon juice. Blend until very smooth, scarping the mixture down from the side of the bowl with a rubber spatula, if necessary.

2) Add the soya or rice milk and two scoops of iced non-dairy dessert, and then blend until smooth. Pour into tall glasses and add another scoop of dessert to each. Serve immediately.

**Cook’s tip**
If you’re happy to use dairy produce simply use ordinary milk and vanilla ice cream in place of the non-dairy ingredients.

>>>>>>>>>>>>

~Rocky River~

This rich, sweet milkshake combines chilled custard with decadent chocolate chunky nuts and delicious marshmallows. It is a great fun to make with children, who will enjoy its sticky, indulgent sweetness almost as much as the adults. Prepare this shakes whenever you’re really in need of a teat or when relaxing in the garden on a hot afternoon.

*Makes 3 glasses
75g/30z plain (semisweet) chocolate
40g/1 oz/scant cup blanched almonds
50g/20z pink and white marshmallow
600ml/1pint/2 cups good quality ready –made custard
300ml/1/2 pint 1 cups milk
30ml/2tbsp caster (superfine) sugar
5ml/1 tbsp vanilla essence (extract)

1) Coarsely grate the chocolate. Lightly toast the almonds, and then chop them. Cut the marshmallows roughly into pieces, using scissors, reserving a few pieces for decoration.
2) Tip the custard into a blender and add the milk, sugar and vanilla essence. Blend briefly to combine.
4) Reserve a little chocolate for sprinkling, and then add the remainder to the blender with the almonds and marshmallows. Blend until the marshmallows are chopped into small pieces.
5)Pour into big glasses and serve immediately, sprinkled with reserved marshmallows and grated chocolate.

**Cook’s tip**
Very cold chocolate can be difficult to great. You might find it easier if you microwave it, very briefly, as this will make chocolate less brittle for grating.

>>>>>>>>>>>

~Cinnamon iced coffee~

When the weather warms up, swap mugs of hot coffee for this treat of a summer cooler. Lightly flavored with cinnamon and served icy cold. It’s a smooth relaxing drink for when you need to unwind-and its well worth keeping a jug in the refrigerator.

*Makes 2 large glasses
5ml/1 tsp ground cinnamon
400ml/14fl oz/1 2/3 cups full cream (whole) milk
40g/1 1/2 oz3/ tbsp caster (superfine) sugar
300ml/1/2 pint 1 1/4 cups strong cold espresso coffee
Ice cubes
Cinnamon sticks, to serve

1) Put the cinnamon and 100ml/31/2 fl oz/scant 1/2 cup of the milk in a small pan with the sugar. Bring the milk slowly to the boil then remove from the heat and leave to cool.

2)Turn the cinnamon milk into a large jug (pitcher) or bowl. Add the remaining milk and the coffee and whisk well, using a hand-held electric wand, until frothy.por into

**Cooks' tip**
For a dinner party,why not spice things up and serve these shakes.

#Sahteen#

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA
  • Girls
  • 2,491 posts

Current mood:

^**General health^**

Juices help bring a healthy glow to your skin, a sparkle to your eyes and a glossy sheen to your hair, as well as putting a spring in your step.
Fruits and vegetables those are rich in vitamin C, such as citrus fruits, strawberries, blackcurrants, green (bell) peppers and cabbage, help to build collagen for general skin health, so add these to your juices generally. Healthy intake of vitamin C has also been proven to prevent the damage that leads to cataracts forming in the lens of the eye.

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

orange and carrot juice is awsome :D

♥JaNNaH♥

♥JaNNaH♥

Honorary Algerian

• Moderators
  • 5,092 posts

Current mood:
hubby and me like banana and honey, but I also love one with ginger I often get at a place in town I think they call it the flu buster, a good pick me up after being sick too, but they put too much ice in!!! Watching their profit margin probably!

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

ginger... with juice.. ya latif!!!