• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor

salam Everyone :) miss me?

As per the email that was sent to you, E-DZ has been online for more than 11 years. The last 4 years however have been very quiet and "dead' per se as the world of social media took over. I believe that now with the saturation of these platforms, deep-rooted communities like ours have a chance to be revived and moved forward. To do that, it's important to redefine the new direction, mission, and goals of the communities.

It's for this reason that I have called on you all. I wanted to see if we still have that kind of community who are willing to help revive and move this forward in a new light and new direction or is it time for me to just let go of this project and let it dissolve.

I can't wait to see your replies  ^_^

• Lilia likes this

WgxUpZ6.png

Apocalypse

Apocalypse

revolution

• Darja Gurus
  • 1,698 posts

Current mood: Procrastinating

Hello Beebo, and all e-dz community that I miss so much!

Fatony when are you bringing your daughter so I can teach her to be a feminist :D ?

I am glad to receive this "invitation" today, e-dz has always been very dear to me, although I disappeared in the last few years, and I am sorry for letting you down.

I would do my best to be here and to help as much as I can (although I cannot promise much but I will do my best), I'll try to include my students if possible since they are very motivated, willing to take action in situations like this one (and  they have more free time than I do :P)

can't wait to see the others back!

• Lilia likes this

Saffron

Saffron
  • Girls
  • 488 posts

Current mood: Tired

Hello, it's nice that e-dz still exist and i hope will be active again. Now i have big family, which i received unexpectedly :D. Two girls of husband and one mine :). But this year we are suffering the hard illness of one our girl - she got neuroblastoma :(.

• Lilia likes this
Don't waste your time and words vainly, both can't be returned back.
Posted Image

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Hello, it's nice that e-dz still exist and i hope will be active again. Now i have big family, which i received unexpectedly :D. Two girls of husband and one mine :). But this year we are suffering the hard illness of one our girl - she got neuroblastoma :(.

salam sis!! it's great to hear that you've got a big family mashallah!! I do pray that Allah swt helps you with your daughter's illness inshallah and may she get better soon and give you and your family patience

• Saffron likes this

Wanted Dead

Wanted Dead

Senior Talker

• Members
  • 796 posts

Current mood: Dead

helloooo everybody !!! i was summoned and here iam !!! probably you don't remember me but i remember all of you !! nice to see u all again

• Lilia likes this
To see a world in a grain of sand, And a heaven in a wild flower, Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, And eternity in an hour ====> Tamazgha Forever In My Heart

Apocalypse

Apocalypse

revolution

• Darja Gurus
  • 1,698 posts

I remember you Wanted Dead, you're the one who described me as an empty box :disgust: ! You probably don't remember that! :D I filled it up ever since :) 

Nice to read you again Saffron, congratulations for the big family and good luck for the illness, get well soon.

Beebo I may disappear again in the next 5 to 8 weeks because it's the most stressful time of the year, loads of work to do, when you decide to speak of this mysterious project please send me a reminder to my mailbox, like the one I received about ten years ago or more, when I registered in e-dz but wasn't using it :P it started with: shame on you! :P I loved it so much it brought me back to e-dz, I miss Ryma by the way!

Cheers!

•eve•

•eve•
  • Validating
  • 364 posts
Contributor

salam ✌✌

Well I haven't been summoned, ouch! *wiping tears off my face*
Late night nostalgia brought me here, or perhaps it was fate.

Anyways, how have you all been!? 
And how can I help??

Posted Image

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

helloooo everybody !!! i was summoned and here iam !!! probably you don't remember me but i remember all of you !! nice to see u all again

salam Wanted... of course we all remember who you are!! inshallah you're doing well.. good to see you! :) 

I remember you Wanted Dead, you're the one who described me as an empty box :disgust: ! You probably don't remember that! :D I filled it up ever since :)

Nice to read you again Saffron, congratulations for the big family and good luck for the illness, get well soon.

Beebo I may disappear again in the next 5 to 8 weeks because it's the most stressful time of the year, loads of work to do, when you decide to speak of this mysterious project please send me a reminder to my mailbox, like the one I received about ten years ago or more, when I registered in e-dz but wasn't using it :P it started with: shame on you! :P I loved it so much it brought me back to e-dz, I miss Ryma by the way!

Cheers!

It's ok Apocalypse.. Life is a set of priorities, so make sure you take care of those priorities first inshallah :) 

salam ✌✌

Well I haven't been summoned, ouch! *wiping tears off my face*
Late night nostalgia brought me here, or perhaps it was fate.

Anyways, how have you all been!? 
And how can I help??

eve!!!! I actually tried summoning all the active members.. the only thing I have access to is your emails that you use on the forums, so I sent an email to all active members (including you) ... your email is either dead or it's in your junk mail lol

Well to be honest, i want us to move things within the community.. We need to re-invent ourselves and find out where to go from here and what our goal is. The bigger the group, the more effective we'll be inshallah.

I want to hear everyone's thoughts on this

• Lilia and •eve• like this

Apocalypse

Apocalypse

revolution

• Darja Gurus
  • 1,698 posts

interesting Beebo! I'm in fact working on something within the same field with my students during this period, they are very active and motivated, if you need back up let me know :D (they might need your help with computing stuff as well :P

Looking forward to read you guys! 

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

interesting Beebo! I'm in fact working on something within the same field with my students during this period, they are very active and motivated, if you need back up let me know :D (they might need your help with computing stuff as well :P

Looking forward to read you guys! 

Well anything I can help with, please let me know and i'll do my best inshallah. If you think I can put something on the internet for them to help with their education and what you're doing, then please don't hesitate to let me know. I want us to be able to contribute with positive reinforcement to our Algerian community within the country specially 

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,507 posts

Current mood: Cloud 9 Contributor

salam

I got my heart crushed.. a few months ago when I was checking on E-DZ and I've been told it no longer exists

Imagine my joy when I found it back again  smile 

Too bad I haven't seen the email when sent but I'm here now and I hope I'm not too late 

Posted Image

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

salam

I got my heart crushed.. a few months ago when I was checking on E-DZ and I've been told it no longer exists

Imagine my joy when I found it back again  smile 

Too bad I haven't seen the email when sent but I'm here now and I hope I'm not too late 

Well i'm glad you came back to check!! Like I told everyone, I sent the email through the website so whatever emails you currently have associated with the forums, that's what gets sent to.

In any case, we need to brain storm the next steps of E-DZ if we want to revive it. What should be our goal? Are we just going to be an online english community and that's it? or do we want to take a new direction in focusing on something that would benefit people. The majority of us are hamdulilah educated and so it only makes that we use this platform to help spread good, we just need to find what it is that we want to offer.

If you guys can provide ideas, it would be great!  

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,507 posts

Well i'm glad you came back to check!! Like I told everyone, I sent the email through the website so whatever emails you currently have associated with the forums, that's what gets sent to.

In any case, we need to brain storm the next steps of E-DZ if we want to revive it. What should be our goal? Are we just going to be an online english community and that's it? or do we want to take a new direction in focusing on something that would benefit people. The majority of us are hamdulilah educated and so it only makes that we use this platform to help spread good, we just need to find what it is that we want to offer.

If you guys can provide ideas, it would be great!  

salam eidokom mubarak, hope you all had a great eid ^_^

First, as I see it,  we need to decide on a target audience. Is it for Algerians who speak English? Is it for Foreigners who want to learn Darja and know the Algerian culture? or maybe a new audience all together. Before, we had it all; a mixture of both and it was working for us. But now I think it's better to stick to one specific target so we can concentrate our efforts into that and, once E-DZ is on its feet again then we can spread out and broaden our horizon. "small steps, steady pace" 

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Eid Mubarak Y'allll!!!! :D

salam eidokom mubarak, hope you all had a great eid ^_^

First, as I see it,  we need to decide on a target audience. Is it for Algerians who speak English? Is it for Foreigners who want to learn Darja and know the Algerian culture? or maybe a new audience all together. Before, we had it all; a mixture of both and it was working for us. But now I think it's better to stick to one specific target so we can concentrate our efforts into that and, once E-DZ is on its feet again then we can spread out and broaden our horizon. "small steps, steady pace" 

I absolutely agree. We need to identify our audience, but I think it would make more sense to first identify what we're offering.. I think the Darja thing should be something secondary and can be there for people who want to use it and we can always help and support if there are any questions.

For me I feel like since most of our active members are highly educated and professionals, we should turn into an Algerian intellectual hub of some sort. We can make the forum as the platform for discussion on hot topics in politics, technology, literature, science, History and Economy. And on the other hand, we can have our website as a front-end for publications that our "subject-matter-expert" members can publish.

What do you think?

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,507 posts

Eid Mubarak Y'allll!!!! :D

For me I feel like since most of our active members are highly educated and professionals, we should turn into an Algerian intellectual hub of some sort. We can make the forum as the platform for discussion on hot topics in politics, technology, literature, science, History and Economy. And on the other hand, we can have our website as a front-end for publications that our "subject-matter-expert" members can publish.

What do you think?

I like this idea very much, indeed. This was we'll have diversified content that will attract a selected audience. 

So how do we go about it? Do you have a plan, boss man :D 

Oh and we need a more efficient way to communicate; this check E-DZ every other few months (sometimes years) isn't conductive!!!

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

I like this idea very much, indeed. This was we'll have diversified content that will attract a selected audience. 

So how do we go about it? Do you have a plan, boss man :D

Oh and we need a more efficient way to communicate; this check E-DZ every other few months (sometimes years) isn't conductive!!!

Well this is where it gets tricky.. we need to start attracting people... my biggest issue right now is that I lost access to our facebook page which has a lot of users. I'm not sure if we should open a new one or just find a way to get access back to it.

Regarding the communication method.. well... what we can do is create a facebook group chat or something.. I dunno.. any ideas?

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,507 posts

Well this is where it gets tricky.. we need to start attracting people... my biggest issue right now is that I lost access to our facebook page which has a lot of users. I'm not sure if we should open a new one or just find a way to get access back to it.

Regarding the communication method.. well... what we can do is create a facebook group chat or something.. I dunno.. any ideas?

Hi ^^ sorry for the very late reply  :sorry: this is what I was talking about earlier lol yes a Facebook group message would be a good way to communicate, I guess. We're always checking up on those and we get notifications too 

You still haven't regained control over the FB page? can't you hack into it? lol Or contact Facebook. However we can still use it no? many of us are still editors on the page and we can manage the page. it is a great for attracting people, indeed. Even with the inactivity I'm still getting notifications of people liking it and some asking when there would be any updates. so it's still a resource that we can use.