- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

^_^Chaouia^_^

^_^Chaouia^_^
  • Girls
  • 3,647 posts

Current mood: Woot!
In A New Earth, spiritual teacher and author Eckhart Tolle (The Power of Now) advocates present moment awareness and the dismantling of the ego as the path towards awakened living.
This book really makes you look at your inner-self, how you can change positive to affect you life, your health, and the world around which you live, I am now up to page 63, and what an eye opening experience it has been, not even half way through it. I would always feel sad about things, or get angry waiting on some ignorant person whom came to my pharmacy, but here, they teach you why you are feeling these ways, and how you can change for a better person. Remember ones inner self plays a big part of our health, and mental health as well.

Tolle begins with an extensive description of our principal barrier to the awakened state: ego. He indicts the word "I" as being a terrible feat of reductionism, as it infinitely minimizes who we truly are by allowing us to identify ourselves with our mind, our gender, our accumulated possessions, our social roles, and so on. He then informs us that the only way to diminish ego is by seeking the fullness of life in the present moment, that by making friends with the Now, we can destroy our time-bound state of consciousness and therefore destroy ego. Focus on the Now is focus on Being q rather than Doing, on presence rather than form:

"People believe themselves to be dependent on what happens for their happiness, that is to say, dependent on form. They don't realize that what happens is the most unstable thing in the universe. It changes constantly. They look upon the present moment as either marred by something that has happened and shouldn't have or as deficient becuse of something that has not happened but should have. And so they miss the deeper perfection that is inherent in life itself, a perfection that is always already here, that lies beyond what is happening or not happening, beyond form."

Tolle presents A New Earth as a vehicle to bring about a shift in consciousness, though he repeatedly admits that he can only awaken those who are ready for such a transformation. He tells his readers that if they indeed find something within his book that resonates with them, then the shift has already begun, and they are on the path.
TamattuT nnegh machi ghir i waghrom
Tattali zang u yis wa Traffed' agastur."
The shawi woman isn't just for house work
She rides the horse and carries a sword.