• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor
salam everyone

If you have tried accessing the site in the past 12 or so hours, you might've noticed that it was down. The hosting company have informed us that the site is growing rapidly and hence using a lot of shared server resources. They suggest we move to a dedicated server where E-DZ will have its own server and we won't disturb anyone. BUT the problem is that it's pretty expensive to get a dedicated server. The monthly cost would be around 100 USD.

The cheapest we found is 50 USD per month. Maybe if we can manage to secure a one year payment then we can maybe start using advertising to cover the costs of the hosting.

all I can say is that we need to come up with a solution before November 10th, otherwise they'll close it down again until we move to a dedicated server with them.

WgxUpZ6.png

^_^Chaouia^_^

^_^Chaouia^_^
  • Girls
  • 3,647 posts

Current mood: Woot!
ok what if we get donations and also do we get anything on the ads clicked?
TamattuT nnegh machi ghir i waghrom
Tattali zang u yis wa Traffed' agastur."
The shawi woman isn't just for house work
She rides the horse and carries a sword.

Amina

Amina
  • Girls
  • 1,356 posts

Current mood: Tired
:o :unsure: OUY ... this is a bed surprise we didn't expect... yes I checked this morning and couldn't access to the site .. the ads are not enaugh though :unsure: .... inshallah donations will be enaugh !!

♥JaNNaH♥

♥JaNNaH♥

Honorary Algerian

• Moderators
  • 5,092 posts

Current mood:
wow, they closed it on purpose? Not a suggestion if they're going to bully us! Not enough time either! Why do you need one year payment? :huh:
Truly, to Allaah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return

Posted Image

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA
  • Girls
  • 2,491 posts

Current mood:
OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I really did'nt know that you/us pay money for fourms!!
mashallah that its growning, see beebo I told ya osber w raby rah e7in.
Posted Image

:I dont know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody:

Marina

Marina
  • Girls
  • 7 posts

Current mood:
Hi everyone salam ...how is it ?
i ve joined this forum recently and that s really a bad news to hear that they may close it down :sweat: !
but i know a lot of forums that have ''traffic'' bigger than here and the hosting is free...i don t know maybe it s different with this version,much more developed..that s why i find this forum very interesting (specially emotics :wub: luv it)!

Hope that you ll find an efficient way to save it,but isn't it possible to look for sponsors???they can pay the hosting... instead of waiting for donations!

inshallah ,it s going to be fixed sooner !
see you...

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor
we;ll wait for the Root Admin inshallah to come back with feedback. Please stand by
There are people with experience and people with opinions. Listen to one, smile at the other.
Posted Image

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

ok I have managed to get some of the load down by a lot according to them but we're still above normal. It all has to do with the database and the time required to load data from the database. if you look at the bottom right corner you will see there how long it takes to retrieve data to load the page and how many queries are loaded. Right now it loads about 28 queries and that is a bit too high, so I'm working on reducing as many options from the forum as possible so that we wouldn't have to overload the server CPU.

Once I can get it down enough, then we'll be ok.

♥JaNNaH♥

♥JaNNaH♥

Honorary Algerian

• Moderators
  • 5,092 posts

Current mood:
Insh'Allah, that's a relief that it can be sorted.

Welcome Marina, please can you write an intro in the introduction section so we can all welcome you propery smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

also, another thing that we'll do is that we want everyone to use text in their signatures. This way we can keep the forum looking clean and no huge pics will show up taking up all the space and time to load.

thanks guys

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA
  • Girls
  • 2,491 posts

Current mood:

also, another thing that we'll do is that we want everyone to use text in their signatures. This way we can keep the forum looking clean and no huge pics will show up taking up all the space and time to load.

thanks guys

-_- So are you saying that my cute sig is dirting the site??well,I hope not :D

But no worries inshallah. ^_^

PS:I wanted to take my sig off but it seems like we have already.

Best wishes for the site. smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />