- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Quran reciter

Quran reciter
  • Girls
  • 703 posts

Current mood:
What is best prayer at the masjid ...or at home ... and for whom????
Subhan ALLAH i've been facing this issue.... i always enter in very long debates with my brother becose of this issue ... why do muslim young men ignore this duty ...and prefer to do their prayers in their offices , their shops, or where ever their place of work is!!!! and always claim it with the fact that they are working !!!! omg!!!
helloooo peopleeee its the call for meeting Allah subhanu wa ta3alla and its wajib on males to do it in the masjid ...cos doing it at home is reserved to women
well...honestly i just don't think that we're giving this issue enough importance ...like my dad for example he is a masjid prayer man alhamdulilah but he never sees -my brother's masjid prayer neglection- as a big deal!!!
May be i sound a lil agressive.... i just wanna share this twisted feeling of anger and sadness with the lovely members of the forum
waiting for ur comments smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor
I don't know what to say because I am guilty of it too. alhamdulilah I pray at work with a group of friends because we don't have a mosque near by..but when i get home, i am very tired to go to the mosque to pray Eisha in jama'a. It's no excuse and the prophet s.a.w said to burn the houses of those who don't pray in the masjid.

So sister, I believe your brother just does not make the effort to go to mosque and plus it takes time to start to love going to mosque... It helps a lot when you have a friend who does it... to motivate you.
There are people with experience and people with opinions. Listen to one, smile at the other.
Posted Image

Quran reciter

Quran reciter
  • Girls
  • 703 posts

Current mood:
Thanks FATONY for the reply... hope that u'll be one big ishaa prayer dooer in jam'aa so that u will not miss the big Ajr ... it feels good when u find people to whom u can interchange with them ur interests...:D bettawfeek

^_^Chaouia^_^

^_^Chaouia^_^
  • Girls
  • 3,647 posts

Current mood: Woot!
Well sis many do have legit excuses not to pray at the mosque, maybe their work does not allow them to leave, or they are far from a mosque, but as men they should try to make it to the mosque for prayers, there really is no excuse for being lazy at all for this.

Now on the other hand women are said to be better to pray at home, this might be, what i have seen in the masalla area at the mosque, many women talk too much and make fitna when they are there.

but all in all as muslims we should make time to go pray in the mosque and inchallah each finds his or her own right way in the matters of prayers
TamattuT nnegh machi ghir i waghrom
Tattali zang u yis wa Traffed' agastur."
The shawi woman isn't just for house work
She rides the horse and carries a sword.

Malek

Malek
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Current mood:
salam ,

Well, I think that's obviously an important question, what is best prayer at the masjid or at home and for whom?
cauz a congregational prayer is source of a great Ajr as we know all.

The scholars of Fiqh have clarified that its wajib on males to do it in the masjid and for women the short answer is yes as the Prophet Muhammed, peace be upon him, is reported to have said, "Do not prevent your women from going to the mosque if they ask your permission." The longer answer, however, is "yes, with conditions," including the following:

1. Women must have permission from their husbands or fathers to leave the house.
2. They must be dressed in proper hijab (Islamic dress for women.)
3. The masjid itself must have a separate area for women, and women must respect this by not entering the mens' area. It is inappropriate to socialize with men, to stare at them or to make eye-contact with them. They also must not attempt to attract men by way of their voices, movements, etc.

Personally, I think that the poor young Muslims men ( including me of course ) are unfortunately do it where ever their place of work is just because the disaster state of Muslim's civilization make their do.

I hope inchalah Muslims will take their place back soonnn by doing the prayer in the masjid first, and listen to aggressive young people like Quran reciter :D

Quran reciter

Quran reciter
  • Girls
  • 703 posts

Current mood:

Well sis many do have legit excuses not to pray at the mosque, maybe their work does not allow them to leave, or they are far from a mosque, but as men they should try to make it to the mosque for prayers, there really is no excuse for being lazy at all for this.

Now on the other hand women are said to be better to pray at home, this might be, what i have seen in the masalla area at the mosque, many women talk too much and make fitna when they are there.

but all in all as muslims we should make time to go pray in the mosque and inchallah each finds his or her own right way in the matters of prayers

right sister... for me i don't go to the jumu3aa prayer so often ... but on holidays i always prefer to attend the sermon cos it recharges my level of faith .... i like the spiratuality of the masjid that u can't find anywhere else

Quran reciter

Quran reciter
  • Girls
  • 703 posts

Current mood:

salam ,

Well, I think that's obviously an important question, what is best prayer at the masjid or at home and for whom?
cauz a congregational prayer is source of a great Ajr as we know all.

The scholars of Fiqh have clarified that its wajib on males to do it in the masjid and for women the short answer is yes as the Prophet Muhammed, peace be upon him, is reported to have said, "Do not prevent your women from going to the mosque if they ask your permission." The longer answer, however, is "yes, with conditions," including the following:

1. Women must have permission from their husbands or fathers to leave the house.
2. They must be dressed in proper hijab (Islamic dress for women.)
3. The masjid itself must have a separate area for women, and women must respect this by not entering the mens' area. It is inappropriate to socialize with men, to stare at them or to make eye-contact with them. They also must not attempt to attract men by way of their voices, movements, etc.

Personally, I think that the poor young Muslims men ( including me of course ) are unfortunately do it where ever their place of work is just because the disaster state of Muslim's civilization make their do.

I hope inchalah Muslims will take their place back soonnn by doing the prayer in the masjid first, and listen to aggressive young people like Quran reciter :D

MashaALLAH brother very wise answer.... it was full and statisfying... hope that u'll share us ur replies more often cos we're in need to learn from ur methodology in answering ....
once again i say MashaALLAH ....thank u mr wise and Funny lol

Amina

Amina
  • Girls
  • 1,356 posts

Current mood: Tired
thanks Quran_Reciter to open such a subject , and thanks for Malek who mashlallah gave as u said a full answer... (thnaks to Fatony & chaouia too smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> ) great for your father sis , Rabi yatakabl meno . Now for your brother , take my advice, don't try to oblige him .. ok, you give him the remark 2 or 3 times , than leave him free to chose by himself the right way.. it's always like that with people (maaanly man lol), whenver they feel oblige , they don't do lol ..

may Allah guide us to make salat at time and all 3ibada with the best way.
good luck for all !

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor
a very great topic you bring up sister and like everyone said, brother Malek just nailed it. Thanks for the great reply brother, I must say that for me I really want to move to a Muslim country just so I can walk to the mosque whenever I want to perform prayers. Unfortunately in the west that is not the case, either you live far or there are no local mosques in the city which makes it a journey on its own.

Like sister Amina said, try not to force him because yes guys hate to be told what to do even if it's for their own good. inshallah soon he'll realize it and start praying in the mosque smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

WgxUpZ6.png

Quran reciter

Quran reciter
  • Girls
  • 703 posts

Current mood:

a very great topic you bring up sister and like everyone said, brother Malek just nailed it. Thanks for the great reply brother, I must say that for me I really want to move to a Muslim country just so I can walk to the mosque whenever I want to perform prayers. Unfortunately in the west that is not the case, either you live far or there are no local mosques in the city which makes it a journey on its own.

Like sister Amina said, try not to force him because yes guys hate to be told what to do even if it's for their own good. inshallah soon he'll realize it and start praying in the mosque smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

inshaALLAH brother... and i want u to know that ALLAH swt will look up to ur good intention and how much u want to perform it at the masjid... who knows may be ur place is abroad and if u'll come back to ur country u wont be this beneficent to islam....!!!! :huh: ....in all cases...li chouf fih rabi l'khir y9admou smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Quran reciter

Quran reciter
  • Girls
  • 703 posts

Current mood:

thanks Quran_Reciter to open such a subject , and thanks for Malek who mashlallah gave as u said a full answer... (thnaks to Fatony & chaouia too smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> ) great for your father sis , Rabi yatakabl meno . Now for your brother , take my advice, don't try to oblige him .. ok, you give him the remark 2 or 3 times , than leave him free to chose by himself the right way.. it's always like that with people (maaanly man lol), whenver they feel oblige , they don't do lol ..

may Allah guide us to make salat at time and all 3ibada with the best way.
good luck for all !

Alright sis... i'll take ur advice...although it's a bit hard to be applied by a pushy person like me :oops:
Thanx alooootttttttt

Ithri

Ithri

Mnarvi-DZ

• Members
  • 1,191 posts

Current mood:
I would like to add to Malek's very good answer that for normal daily prayers, women praying at home will get the same reward as men praying in the mosque (per the hadith "a woman's prayer in the hall of her house is better than her payer in the mosque and her prayer in her bedroom is better than her prayer in the hall of her house"). But in Eid prayers, women are strongly encouraged to attend in the mosque. Even women who are not praying are admitted in just so they can hear el khotba, and share the sweetness of a jama3a prayer.

It is to be noted that the farther is the mosque the better it is. A clan in Madina whose name I forgot, wanted to move to some of their lands which were in the Prophet's mosque vicinity were advised by him not do so because, he told them, it's better for them to be far from the mosque and do the effort to head to it.

There is also another story of a man who lived in a remote place of almadina who never missed any prayer even el3icha and fajr in the dark, and was so happy he had to walk for a long time so he gets the most of the rewards...
Un homme se leva et demanda permission d'appeler les fidles la prire.
Permission lui ft donne:
- Vous pouvez les appeler, tant que vous les appelez Dieu et non vous-mme.
- Mais comment saurais-je la diffrence?
- Si a vous drange que quelqu'un d'autre les appelle Dieu, c'est que vous les appelez vous-mme.

Algeriano

Algeriano
  • Members
  • 681 posts

Current mood:
mashallah sister thanks for bringing up this very important issue....there was a hadith by the prophet (PBUH) that stated "if someone knew the reward he would receive for praying fajr and isha prayers at the mosque, he would even crawl to the mosque"
and there was another case...where a blind old man came to the prophet and told the prophet if he could be excused to pray at home because he is blind and he lives far away..so the prophet asked him if he could hear the athan...the old man replied yes..then the prophet said you have to come to the mosque to pray...so imagine us and our situation where we have vahicles to make our journey short and quick in some cases.
"Salvation is in Sincerity"

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA
  • Girls
  • 2,491 posts

Current mood:
:clap: Jazakia allaho kair dear sis very good mashallah, there is a mosque near my house 10 minute walk and my lazy brother doesn't even bother to go no wounder if he even prays :angry: may Allah fix him up anyways I really hate men who pray at home I thought only women stay in the house???!Love my father he prayers at the masjed Allah erbarik fi 3ory amin ya rab, I've not seen him pray in the house only the short paryers.

when ALLAH has granted you with a car, good health,... and you are ABLE to go to Allah's house its just laziness and the shatyan thats keeping you back.

Please pray at the jame3.I love the jamea3 if I was a guy I would live in the jam3a thats how much I love it. smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

:I dont know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody:

Quran reciter

Quran reciter
  • Girls
  • 703 posts

Current mood:

mashallah sister thanks for bringing up this very important issue....there was a hadith by the prophet (PBUH) that stated "if someone knew the reward he would receive for praying fajr and isha prayers at the mosque, he would even crawl to the mosque"
and there was another case...where a blind old man came to the prophet and told the prophet if he could be excused to pray at home because he is blind and he lives far away..so the prophet asked him if he could hear the athan...the old man replied yes..then the prophet said you have to come to the mosque to pray...so imagine us and our situation where we have vahicles to make our journey short and quick in some cases.

thank u so much bro .... i'll use the story of the blind old man as an argument ... jazaka ALAHU kula khair

Mona

Mona
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Current mood:
i pray at home. I live in ireland that is why and its not a muslim country. :gaza:
:rollbaby:

Ozzy

Ozzy

Think different 

• Moderators
  • 1,550 posts

Current mood: Inspired

It helps a lot when you have a friend who does it... to motivate you.

I couldn't have said it better myself.
My cousins and I have recently realised that we have been neglected this duty and said that we would now Insha'Allah start to attend for Jam'aat in the Masjid.
We have done it for a few days, but unfortunately have slipped again. Insha'Allah we can revive this again, but I never realised how much you need others for this until recently.
If one person can't make it one day, you start to make excuses for yourself (speaking about myself here).
But when everyone does attend, those are the days that you catch all the Jam'aats that you can, Alhumdulillah.

Try to identify whether he has any friends who you think are in the same position as your Brother. Even if you can't think of anyone still take the next step...there could be friends of his that you don't know about or that you don't think are in a similar position.
Put the idea across to him and I know him being your Brother may just disregard it altogether, but at least you can suggest it to him and implant the idea in his head.
Insha'Allah it will get him thinking and maybe he will put it across to his friends. Not only that, I'll tell you a bit about how most guys work lol. If you think your Brother is a regualar Joe, he'll probably do this.
He'll probably take credit for the idea but that will Insha'Allah motivate him more, because he thinks that it's all his idea lol :P

But Insha'Allah your reward will be that you will see your Brother attend the Masjid every Jam'aat that he can make.
Maybe he'll start to spend a lot more time, even when the Jam'aat is finished INSHA'ALLAH.
Insha'Allah your Brother can achieve what I have failed to achieve, and then maybe me and him can meet-up and he can motivate me Insha'Allah lol. (Seems like that idea is going to flop. I just checked your introduction topic and it says your in Algeria, lol)

May Allah (swt) reward you for your care and concern for others as well as yourself, Insha'Allah. ameen!
Make Dua for me, Insha'Allah...I need it!

Quran reciter

Quran reciter
  • Girls
  • 703 posts

Current mood:
smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> May ALLAH swt reward u for those beaautiful words... MashaALLAH they r very inspiring ...am mean am a girl and am already overwhelmed cos when u think about the spirituality that u find in the masjid!!!! wow u can find it nowhere else subhan ALLAH...

Bro u should talk about this subject like..everyday cos mashaALLAH... ur a great motiver... i can see that ur able to push so many young men forward to performe this duty and never neglect it again... smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Ozzy

Ozzy

Think different 

• Moderators
  • 1,550 posts

Current mood: Inspired
Can we just clarify who that last post is aimed at?
If it's aimed at me, you need to re-aim it lol.

Quran reciter

Quran reciter
  • Girls
  • 703 posts

Current mood:
:P lol no i don't ...am sure i don't bro...