• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Ithri

Ithri

Mnarvi-DZ

• Members
  • 1,191 posts

Current mood:
I certainly am against illegal and immoral activities and would do anything to see the guilty people punished.

Let me clarify my idea. Not sure you'll agree anyways but it still deserves a clarification.
We are not in a "republic with the slightest respect for law" and here are the facts:
- A part of direct and indirect oil money is used by the people in power to create their own businesses so we have the general of sugar, of coffee, of cement, of pharmaceutics, of pirated CDs, etc. General being a real general or just a colonel or a wali or his unknown cousin. All those businesses are import ones. NO production in DZ.
- Some private businessmen have money (I don't know where they got it from, neither do you; but the state probably knows), and are supported by people in power who give them advantages, etc. These people create PRODUCTIVE businesses in Algeria, help solve some economics issues, etc while getting wealthier of course.
Today you tell me I can't get rid of none of them. Who do I prefer and I have to make a choice. I'll say the second group.

When I said these people probably use illegal means I didn't mean money laundry (because I don't know) but rather use of influence, not paying all the deserved taxes to the state, using their employees in illegal environments, etc. But when we talk of these illegal practices we have to admit that they are common at the lowest levels: How many shop holders do not have registres de commerce?, how many workers do not have insurance? how many people do not pay taxes?, how many people do buy pirated softwares, etc.

This being said, I am not of those who say you have to apply law on everyone or leave everyone free. I believe whoever is caught by law is a good point. So when Khalifa collapsed (although there are so many stuff we don't know) I wasn't unhappy. If tomorrow, Tahkout or Rebrab, or Haddad, or Mehri, etc. lose their support in the state and we start hearing of stuff which would lead them to prison then it would be great.

But unfortunately, law doesn't apply on these people. Not today anyways. Like for example a few months back the police discovered that Tahkout hasn't payed "la vignette" for most of his buses. What happened? Did he pay them? NO. WHY? (and here you'll say that I am mixing two or more threads), Tahkout graciously offered tens of his buses to transport the supporters of your beloved president whom you voted for... Isn't Bouteflika himself the umbrella (one of them) you mention for Tahkout?
And Haddad, like I mentioned in the 'carnaval fi dechra' thread, gave 20 billions to finance Bouteflika's campaign. But may be they supported him only because they trusted him, like any honest citizen in any democratic state where justice and not money rules.
This is marbaT el faras.

So all I was saying is: In today's conditions, and without a change in perspective, I prefer those who use their money to create and not to import. It doesn't mean I support them or say don't punish them if you find out they're guilty of illegal activities.

PS: a -4 would do, I prefer to remain at 0.
  • Fatony and ^_^Chaouia^_^ like this
Un homme se leva et demanda permission d'appeler les fidèles à la prière.
Permission lui fût donnée:
- Vous pouvez les appeler, tant que vous les appelez à Dieu et non à vous-même.
- Mais comment saurais-je la différence?
- Si ça vous dérange que quelqu'un d'autre les appelle à Dieu, c'est que vous les appelez à vous-même.

^_^Chaouia^_^

^_^Chaouia^_^
  • Girls
  • 3,647 posts

Current mood: Woot!
agree with you uma,
any where you go any ways now a days you are going to find corruption, there are so many things we can make here in algerie and not to import, that would create so many jobs, like why are canned tommatoes, tommatoe paste, sardines, tuna, canned hummus imported from egypt? do we not have this here?

i say even if their money is bad, do we really know for everyones money that is invested in algerie, do we know where these non algerien companies even are getting their money from? no and no one really cares, we need jobs point blank
TamattuT nnegh machi ghir i waghrom
Tattali zang u yis wa Traffed' agastur."
The shawi woman isn't just for house work
She rides the horse and carries a sword.

bentAljazair

bentAljazair
  • Girls
  • 989 posts

Current mood:

I certainly am against illegal and immoral activities and would do anything to see the guilty people punished.

Let me clarify my idea. Not sure you'll agree anyways but it still deserves a clarification.
We are not in a "republic with the slightest respect for law" and here are the facts:
- A part of direct and indirect oil money is used by the people in power to create their own businesses so we have the general of sugar, of coffee, of cement, of pharmaceutics, of pirated CDs, etc. General being a real general or just a colonel or a wali or his unknown cousin. All those businesses are import ones. NO production in DZ.
- Some private businessmen have money (I don't know where they got it from, neither do you; but the state probably knows), and are supported by people in power who give them advantages, etc. These people create PRODUCTIVE businesses in Algeria, help solve some economics issues, etc while getting wealthier of course.
Today you tell me I can't get rid of none of them. Who do I prefer and I have to make a choice. I'll say the second group.

When I said these people probably use illegal means I didn't mean money laundry (because I don't know) but rather use of influence, not paying all the deserved taxes to the state, using their employees in illegal environments, etc. But when we talk of these illegal practices we have to admit that they are common at the lowest levels: How many shop holders do not have registres de commerce?, how many workers do not have insurance? how many people do not pay taxes?, how many people do buy pirated softwares, etc.

This being said, I am not of those who say you have to apply law on everyone or leave everyone free. I believe whoever is caught by law is a good point. So when Khalifa collapsed (although there are so many stuff we don't know) I wasn't unhappy. If tomorrow, Tahkout or Rebrab, or Haddad, or Mehri, etc. lose their support in the state and we start hearing of stuff which would lead them to prison then it would be great.

But unfortunately, law doesn't apply on these people. Not today anyways. Like for example a few months back the police discovered that Tahkout hasn't payed "la vignette" for most of his buses. What happened? Did he pay them? NO. WHY? (and here you'll say that I am mixing two or more threads), Tahkout graciously offered tens of his buses to transport the supporters of your beloved president whom you voted for... Isn't Bouteflika himself the umbrella (one of them) you mention for Tahkout?
And Haddad, like I mentioned in the 'carnaval fi dechra' thread, gave 20 billions to finance Bouteflika's campaign. But may be they supported him only because they trusted him, like any honest citizen in any democratic state where justice and not money rules.
This is marbaT el faras.

So all I was saying is: In today's conditions, and without a change in perspective, I prefer those who use their money to create and not to import. It doesn't mean I support them or say don't punish them if you find out they're guilty of illegal activities.

PS: a -4 would do, I prefer to remain at 0.

salam

You are right I don’t agree. I reply only because I know in this forum there are many young people who may pay attention to what we write being the “oldest” active members here.

العدل أساس الملك : El 3adl assass elmoulk “Justice is the foundation of any realm”. Before jobs, housing, education... there should be JUSTICE to guarantee that no one, whoever it can be, is above the law.

But unfortunately, law doesn't apply on these people. Not today anyways.

Yes these people are above the law. Isn’t it scary?

In Algeria the power of money is mixing with the power of politics and the power of force (military). The resulting mixture is a scary powerful empire that is above the laws of the republic. Actually... let’s be honest, in such conditions our country is not a republic anymore...something between an oligarchy and a kleptocracy.

In today's conditions, and without a change in perspective, I prefer those who use their money to create and not to import. It doesn't mean I support them or say don't punish them if you find out they're guilty of illegal activities.

What a choice!
No “In today's conditions and without a change in perspective” you don’t have to choose between two predators... for there is no good predator. Those who do this choice, for me, are passive and weak.
We should refuse today’s conditions and do our best to change the present perspective.
Since Justice is the foundation of any realm, it is more than time to create strong foundations to our country... Restore justice, otherwise Algeria will certainly collapse...
Next step: how to achieve it???

PS:

(and here you'll say that I am mixing two or more threads)

:naughty: Here I quote you from another thread :chill:

“doing the questions and answers is not very welcome in a discussion. So try to not assume that you know the other's response.”

couldn't help it :D

salam
NEVER FORGET GAZA - NEVER FORGIVE ZIONISTS - BOYCOTT ISRAEL

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor
well said Ithri. I agree, you are looking at the current situation. Bent is speaking of how a current situation should not be... not much of an argument.
There are people with experience and people with opinions. Listen to one, smile at the other.
Posted Image