Change
Photo

Stop the Massacre in Gaza – Boycott Israel Now!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

bentAljazair

bentAljazair
  • Girls
  • 989 posts

Current mood:
salam

Please read this call from The Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement

"Stop the Massacre in Gaza – Boycott Israel Now!"
Posted by StopTheWall on Sat, 12/27/2008 - 19:48
Occupied Ramallah, Palestine - 27 December 2008: Today, the Israeli occupation army committed a new massacre in Gaza, causing the death and injury of hundreds of Palestinian civilians, including a yet unknown number of school children who were headed home from school when the first Israeli military strikes started. This latest bloodbath, although far more ruthless than all its predecessors, is not Israel 's first. It culminates months of an Israeli siege of Gaza that should be widely condemned and prosecuted as an act of genocide against the 1.5 million Palestinians in the occupied coastal strip.
Israel seems intent to mark the end of its 60th year of existence the same way it has established itself – perpetrating massacres against the Palestinian people. In 1948, the majority of the indigenous Palestinian people were ethnically cleansed from their homes and land, partly through massacres like Deir Yassin; today, the Palestinians in Gaza, most of whom are refugees, do not even have the choice to seek refuge elsewhere. Incarcerated behind ghetto walls and brought to the brink of starvation by the siege, they are easy targets for Israel's indiscriminate bombing (...)
Now, more than ever, the Palestinian Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions National Committee, BNC, calls upon international civil society not just to protest and condemn in diverse forms Israel's massacre in Gaza, but also to join and intensify the international Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions ( BDS) campaign against Israel to end its impunity and to hold it accountable for its persistent violation of international law and Palestinian rights. Without sustained, effective pressure by people of conscience the world over, Israel will continue with its gradual, rolling acts of genocide against the Palestinians, burying any prospects for a just peace under the blood and rubble of Gaza, Nablus and Jerusalem.

Please spread the word and do your best Boycott Apartheid Israel Now!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya0AxhOyn-g&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I0tb-sHGQI&feature=related

Boycott the Israeli products bar code starts with 729
Posted Image

More on Boycott for UK
Posted Image

Full list

salam
  • Alhenoouf likes this
NEVER FORGET GAZA - NEVER FORGIVE ZIONISTS - BOYCOTT ISRAEL

bentAljazair

bentAljazair
  • Girls
  • 989 posts

Current mood:
salam

News on upcoming demonstrations For GAZA all over the world

salam

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

The Beauty and The Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Current mood: Cheerful
salam,
I was wondering sister if the rest of the world truely knows how bad it is gaza?
I was watchin Euronews & they didnt show the children who dyed all they showed us was hamass killed 2 Isrealis!
also in other non arab tv channels we only see hamass killin ''poor,innocent'' Isrealis. will exapet for an belgian news on tv5, I think we all kno y they do that & hw. its to justify the killin & also most tv channels r owned by jews & Isreal runs the media.so if u kno other non arab muslim channels who r showin the truth it would help to kno just so that when we hear them on tv sayin that they didnt kno we would kno the truth.salam,

What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, insepa­rable from me. For me, prison is a place of (religious) retreat; ex­ecution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel ......

Posted Image

bentAljazair

bentAljazair
  • Girls
  • 989 posts

Current mood:
Carlos Latuff

Posted Image

bentAljazair

bentAljazair
  • Girls
  • 989 posts

Current mood:
salam

In the name of the Palestinians by Tariq Ramadan

Startling—and stomach turning : where Palestinians are involved, memory and sense of proportion fail us. The Jewish conscience, justifiably, has long called upon the world’s powers and upon their citizens to remain vigilant, never to forget -in the name of “the duty of memory”- the atrocities, massacres and genocides of the past. But where the State of Israel is involved, we are expected to set all sense of proportion aside, to leap to conclusions. Suddenly, it would be assumed that these are two equally powerful belligerents. After a six-month ceasefire, one of the two parties to the conflict (the Palestinians) is said to have broken the truce by unleashing its rockets. The victim of aggression (Israel) is acting solely in self-defense—if we are to believe the version sold to the world by Israel, and relayed by complacent and complicit Western media with the full support of the Bush administration and of many European governments. The bravest among them can barely bring themselves to point out Israel’s “disproportionate” reaction. What courage !

And, most of all, what lies ! For decades—long before Hamas came to power—the Palestinians have seen their dignity trodden underfoot, their legitimate rights denied. From the Oslo “peace” accords to a succession of negotiations (more frequently compromises), from the repeated broken promises to media circus withdrawal schemes, the Palestinian representatives have achieved nothing for their people. Israeli governments, whether of the Left or the Right, stall for time, resort to lies, summarily execute their adversaries, and dismiss Palestinian civilian deaths as collateral in the name of Israel’s security while continuing to expand illegal settlements and pursue a policy of “facts on the ground.” Many experts, including Richard Falk, United Nations special rapporteur for Human Rights in Occupied Palestine, have confirmed that Israeli policy fails to respect the Geneva Convention ; that it has, by default, made the two-state solution almost impossible.

The Israeli government has fenced in the population of the West Bank (in complete disregard for United Nations General Assembly resolutions and the International Court) ; it has subjected the population of Gaza to a siege coupled with a blockade that has brought hunger, a shortage of medical supplies and care, and mass unemployment ; it has created a state of despair. International humanitarian relief organizations are sharply restricted in their activities ; badly needed food supplies are not getting through. The June 19 - December 19 truce was conditional on an end the siege and the blockade of Gaza, and partial opening the Egyptian border crossing. Neither Israel (nor Egypt) has respected these conditions ; the Palestinian population has been the victim of inhuman treatment, for weeks, months and years now. Are we to ignore these realities in order to justify the massacres now unfolding before our eyes ? Are the Palestinians responsible for their own misfortune because rockets were launched from Gaza ? The failure of memory is compounded by a loss of all sense of proportion : the number of Israeli victims is now multiplied by a factor of one hundred, two hundred, three hundred Palestinian civilians murdered by Israeli government fiat.

Israel flaunts its contempt for the self-styled “international community”, secure in unilateral support of the United States and the silence—in silent complicity—of European governments. An efficient communication strategy and a complacent media establishment (accompanied with the usual dose of predictable disinformation) allows the Israeli government to play for time, to inflict upon a population of one and one-half million human beings an inhuman siege, and now, a full-scale massacre. We have been reduced to spectators and our “neutrality” should have to protect us from our guilty conscience. Cynicism is at its paroxysm when we understand that the deaths of hundreds of Palestinian civilians depend upon the political calculations of Israel’s leaders, eager to demonstrate their strength and determination with a view to the upcoming elections. The Lebanese disarray during summer 2006 should be rectified. Mission accomplished : 80% of Israelis support the murderous operations in Gaza ! Frightening !

Can we expect anything better from the “international community” of governments and states as we observe their reactions, both East and West ? Theirs is the guilty silence of the accomplice ; the hypocrisy ; the waiting game ; contempt for Palestinian lives—for whom the ideal solution would be Jordan, Lebanon, or some “permanently temporary” refugee camps. The time has come to create an international, global non-violent resistance movement against the violent, extremist policies of the State of Israel. We must mobilize world opinion by keeping the Palestinian issue in the public eye through ongoing, scrupulously accurate information ; by writing articles, organizing conferences and demonstrations in support of the Palestinians, and by improving synergy between the efforts and activities of existing organizations. We know this much : the Palestinians may bend, but they will not break. We must continue to defend their legitimate rights on the ground. Around the world, we must support their resistance in a determined, peaceful way. Israel, for all its awesome firepower, has not won the conflict ; Israeli society faces deepening crises. It is a matter of utmost urgency that the State and the people of Israel realize that, for them, there can be no secure future, and ultimately, no survival, without recognition of the legitimate rights and the dignity of the Palestinians. The strategy of playing for time, of willful blindness, of “shock and awe”, of bloodshed and massacre offers no assurance of victory. On the contrary, it is a formula for defeat.

salam

^_^Chaouia^_^

^_^Chaouia^_^
  • Girls
  • 3,647 posts

Current mood: Woot!
Well I would try writing letters to the press, and your presidents to help support the cause,
but I would really like to know where you got the idea of all those companies are supporting Isreal and the war? where is the back up on this? I remember a few years ago Coke Cola was accused of this and the site who was doing it got sued for slander.

http://www.snopes.co...rage/nocoke.asp

think maybe you should get your sources from a better sources then just the net sis sorry but this is old news and i really do not feel like having the site removed from slander
TamattuT nnegh machi ghir i waghrom
Tattali zang u yis wa Traffed' agastur."
The shawi woman isn't just for house work
She rides the horse and carries a sword.

bentAljazair

bentAljazair
  • Girls
  • 989 posts

Current mood:
salam

Thanks sister for mentioning this point. As a Muslim I do not want to promote false informations with my writings.

First boycott is a peaceful mean that consumers use to show they reprove the policy of Israel towards Palestinian people by boycotting any Israeli product and brand. The objective is to weaken the Economy of Israel in the long term.

Secondly I am Algerian and Algeria with the Arab league systematically boycotts Israeli products and all the brands that has economical ties with the racist Zionist state.

Arab league : The economic boycott of Israel is a peaceful, legal and noble means of struggle against the enemy and is aimed at preserving security and peace”

source BBC

This boycott according to the Arab league is : source Wikipedia

• Products and services that originate in Israel (referred to as the primary boycott and still enforced in many Arab states)
• Businesses that operate in Israel (the secondary boycott)
• Businesses that have relationships with other businesses trading in Israel (the tertiary boycott)

The Primary boycott concerns the Israeli brands with the bar code that starts with 729. In Algeria these products are already boycotted. People who live abroad have to pay attention not to buy any of these products.
Posted Image

The secondary boycott concerns all international brands that operate in Israel those who built plants there, pay taxes developing the economy of Israel.
The CocaCola firm falls in this group because it opened a plant in the sixties while it was boycotted by the Arab league. CocaCola has its plant on the land of Palestine colonised by Israel: this is what I call to support the Israeli occupation and colonisation of Palestine...no slander here??
Coca Cola is expanding its activities there buying 51 percent of Tavor Winery which is an Israeli company based on occupied Palestinian land called Kfar Tavor. source1 or source 2
From Wikipedia :

The community of Kfar Tavor was founded by the children of Jews who settled in the country during the First Aliyah. They arrived from the agricultural settlements of Zichron Yaakov, Metulla, Rosh Pina, and Shefaya. The original name of the new settlement was Mas'ha, after the abandoned Arab village that they occupied. It was in 1903 that they decided to change the name, at the suggestion of Zionist leader Menachem Ussishkin. During a visit to the settlement, Ussishkin was surprised to learn that it did not yet have a Hebrew name, and suggested that they name it after the hill under which their houses nestled. At first, there was some debate over whether to include the term kfar (כפר, Hebrew for "village") in the name, with some residents arguing that this would inhibit any future growth. Ussishkin responded that he had visited the German town of Düsseldorf, which had also originated as a dorf, or village, but was now a full-fledged city. Kfar Tavor is the birthplace of Yigal Allon.

The Arab village mentioned here is a Palestinian village that has not been abandoned willingly its people fled after they have been terrorised by the Zionist terrorist groups.

Boycott is an efficient tool

Texas company fined for complying with Arab boycott on Israeli goods
The company's invoices contained statements such as, "We certify that the goods enumerated in this Invoice are not of Israeli origin and do not contain any Israeli materials."

You see the US laws are used here to help the israeli economy read

(The United States has threatened to fine US companies that take part in an Arab lead economic boycott of Israel.

"The US government is strongly opposed to restrictive trade practices or boycotts targeted at Israel," said Undersecretary of Commerce for Industry and Security Kenneth Juster.
"The Commerce Department is closely monitoring efforts that appear to be made to reinvigorate the Arab boycott of Israel and will use all of its resources to vigorously enforce US anti-boycott regulations."
Mr Juster's threat came after 18 of the 22 members of the Arab League agreed to "reactivate" a half-century-old ban on trade with Israel (...)

more from bbc

Good news

BRAVO for FreedomCall in Uk.
All people in UK should support it !!!!

British telecom firm severs ties with Israeli counterparts
UK's FreedomCall informs Israeli company of decision via email, blames Gaza operation Meir Orbach
British telecommunications firm FreedomCall has terminated its cooperation with Israel's MobileMax due to the IDF operation in Gaza.
"We received an email from the British company informing us that it is severing all ties with us and any other Israeli company following Israel's strike in Gaza," said CEO Raanan Cohen.
"We weren't expecting this from them and there was no prior warning. I don't intend to appeal to them or answer the letter."
The email from FreedomCall said, "As a result of the Israeli government action in the last few days we will no longer be in a position to consider doing business with yourself or any other Israeli company."
MobileMax, established in 2004, produces a program providing cellular phones with inexpensive international service.

source

Important links :
http://www.bdsmovement.net/?q=node/9
http://www.wakeupfro...er.com/node/298
http://www.boycottis...l.org/coke.html
http://socio13.wordp...its-israeliens/ (in french)
http://www.inminds.c...-coca-cola.html

salam

^_^Chaouia^_^

^_^Chaouia^_^
  • Girls
  • 3,647 posts

Current mood: Woot!
just make sure that many of the companies and the sites listed have been in circulation for years as false accusations and for slander of companies which in fact do not take sides and/or support any side and if we say coke cola supports them, then we must see or know for a fact they are suppying guns in their hands, which one site said same thing they are supporting and were sued for slander. and it is not just for the sake of americans cause they have stoped many years ago that had anything written on it made in israel not buying it, laws are laws, i would like to see one site that is not islamic or arab ruined for facts please, thank you sis for ur patients just i do not like to accuse those unless proven guilty smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
hugs

bentAljazair

bentAljazair
  • Girls
  • 989 posts

Current mood:
Palestine Solidarity Campaign

Archbishop Desmond Tutu, after visiting the Occupied Palestinian Territories
declared that "it reminded me so much of what happened to us black people in South Africa" and that he saw "the humilitation of the Palestinians at checkpoints and roadblocks, suffering like us when young white police officers prevented us from moving about".

The Palestine Solidarity Campaign (PSC) campaigns for justice for the Palestinians. We also advocate for Palestinians' civil, political and human rights, in accordance with international law.

PSC is established to campaign*:

* for the right of self-determination for the Palestinian people
* for the right of return of the Palestinian people
* for the immediate withdrawal of the Israeli state from the occupied territories
* against the oppression and dispossession suffered by the Palestinian people
* in support of the rights of the Palestinian people and their struggle to achieve these rights
* to promote Palestinian civil society in the interests of democratic rights and social justice
* to oppose Israel's occupation and its aggression against neighbouring states
* in opposition to racism, including anti-Jewish prejudice and the apartheid and Zionist nature of the Israeli state

This year, on the 60th anniversary of the Nakba, the 1948 dispossession of the Palestinians’ homeland, we are building a mass solidarity movement which aims to bring about changes in consciousness, policies and actions in Britain and internationally.

Rima

Rima
  • Girls
  • 3,392 posts

Current mood:
Posted Image

Click here for more products./brands
Wow, they own everything..
Posted Image

bentAljazair

bentAljazair
  • Girls
  • 989 posts

Current mood:
salam

According to Cheikh Qaradawi buying Israeli and American brands in theses times is a SIN

فتاوى وأحكام: العلم والدعوة والجهاد
القرضاوي:شراء البضائع الإسرائيلية والأمريكية في هذا الوقت من الكبائر

اضغط للتعرف على هذه البضائع والشركات الأمريكية والإسرائيلية
موقع القرضاوي/16-1-2009

قال فضيلة العلامة الدكتور يوسف القرضاوي – رئيس الاتحاد العالمي لعلماء المسلمين- في إحدى خطبه عن قضية المقاطعة الاقتصادية لمن يعادي الأمة الإسلامية:

هناك جهاد اقتصادي، وهو أن نفعل الفتوى التي أصدرتها وأصدرها معي عدد من علماء الأمة بتحريم التعامل مع البضائع الإسرائيلية والأمريكية، المقاطعة، مقاطعة البضائع الإسرائيلية والأمريكية، هذا واجب الأمة، كل ما يشير إلى أمريكا، مجرد الإشارة حتى ولو كانت وطنية، (كولا) كلمة كولا يعني أمريكا، هامبورجر، ماكدونالد، بيتزا، هذه الأشياء أمريكية، ارحمونا، كلما رأيت هذه العناوين ثارت نفسي وثار البركان في صدري، نريد أن تقاطع الأمة هذه البضائع، من زجاجة البيبسي إلى السيارة إلى الطائرة البوينج، نطالب الحكومات ونطالب الشعوب، أن تقاطع هذه البضائع وأن تنظم اللجان الشعبية لتفعيل هذه المقاطعة وترتيب الأولويات فيها، كل ما له بديل يجب أن يقاطع، ما الذي يجعلني أركب سيارة أمريكية وأستطيع أن أشتري سيارة يابانية أو سيارة ألمانية؟ لن أخسر شيئاً، المقاطعة، هذه المقاطعة واجبة على الجميع، الكبير والصغير..

في أول الانتفاضة رأينا العجب والله، رأينا الصغار الأطفال يقولون لآبائهم: لا يا أبي لا يا أمي هذه بضاعة أمريكية حرام، رأينا الأخوة في الهند في كيرالا يجتمعون في يوم الجمعة مثل هذا وكل واحد في يده زجاجة كوكاكولا ويكسرها إشارة إلى المقاطعة، ما الذي جعل الأمة تسترخي، نريد من الأمة من رجالها ونسائها من الأمهات في البيوت أن لا يشترين البضائع الأمريكية، وربما تكون هناك بضائع إسرائيلية تتسلل تحت أسماء وعناوين، من عرف ذلك فعليه أن يقاطع، حرام أي حرام، حرام بل كبيرة من الكبائر أن تشتري في هذا الوقت البضائع الإسرائيلية والأمريكية، هذا جهاد نوع من الجهاد، لابد أن نفعله ونتواصى به.
المصدر: خطبة الجمعة بتصرف (ألقاها الشيخ القرضاوي منتصف إبريل 2002م)

منقول

Quran reciter

Quran reciter
  • Girls
  • 703 posts

Current mood:
Thnaks for the reminder sis!!!! It's hard to boycott though but never impossible.... i am trying my best with my own family... seems like they started wake up regards this issue but it's a real battle!!!

Guyssss we should never stop thinking of boycotting israel and and its allies!!!! :israel:

إن الطبيــب بطبـه ودوائـــــه *** لا يستطيـع دفـاع نحــبٍ قــد أتى
مال الطبيـب يمـوت بالداء الذي *** قـد كان يبرأ مثلـه فيمـا مضى
مات المـداوي والمداوىَ والذي *** جلب الدواء وباعـه ومن اشترى

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor

THIS IS A CAMPAIGN WE'RE STARTING IN CANADA ALONG WITH OUR BROTHERS FROM THE UK, WE'VE MADE POSTERS LIKE THE ONE BELOW AND WE PRINTED SO MANY OF THEM AND PASSED THEM AROUND PUBLIC PLACES SO THAT PEOPLE CAN SEE AND KNOW. IT ALSO HAS A LINK WITH PROOF TO HOW THESE COMPANIES SUPPORT ISRAEL.

Posted Image

To see proof of how these organizations are helping Israel check the following link

http://www.inminds.c...ott-israel.html

WgxUpZ6.png

Ithri

Ithri

Mnarvi-DZ

• Members
  • 1,191 posts

Current mood:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY461RU27MU

Un homme se leva et demanda permission d'appeler les fidèles à la prière.
Permission lui fût donnée:
- Vous pouvez les appeler, tant que vous les appelez à Dieu et non à vous-même.
- Mais comment saurais-je la différence?
- Si ça vous dérange que quelqu'un d'autre les appelle à Dieu, c'est que vous les appelez à vous-même.

Malek

Malek
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Current mood:
Just 10 min from where I live !! I didn't hear about it ^_^

Quran reciter

Quran reciter
  • Girls
  • 703 posts

Current mood:
so cool... i like it ... they're so brave!

♥JaNNaH♥

♥JaNNaH♥

Honorary Algerian

• Moderators
  • 5,092 posts

Current mood:
er no, they don't support it, that's the point, many people are dying and or suffering because of this
Truly, to Allaah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return

Posted Image

kriptek

kriptek
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Current mood:
wrong place,sorry