• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

demi

demi
  • Moderators
  • 1,385 posts

Current mood:
salam

Like I have announced in the introduction , there will be a kind of “german for beginners” in next time here for members who want to learn a little of the german language or for those one who want to refresh their knowledge...
Of course, surely there are links in internet wich make that better than I do ... but nevertheless perhaps I can give you a short basic knowledge wich isn’t for deep german knowledge but wich could be help to survive when you will come one day here ;) ... And that will be also my aim in this section , as long as it is existing ^_^

well I thought for the beginning I shall explain some basic rules. Just giving you a kind of overview how the german language is structured ... :
hmm , let’s start with a curiosity :D :

THE DEFINITE ARTICLE

Well you know the definite article is in english the word “the”.
For example :

the sun, the boy , the book , the light, the girl ... “

Have you realized something here ?? ^^ ... it’s so easy in english ... it’s always “the” no matters wich word or wich gender ! wow !! that’s fantastic.

In french for example we have two definite articles : “la” and “le

For example :

la maison , le garcon , ....”

And the highlight of all is the german version . Because in german language we have three definite articles :surprise:der”, “die” and “das

For example :

die Sonne (= the sun), der Junge(=the boy), das Buch(=the book) , das Licht(=the light) , das Mنdchen(=the girl) ...”

Normally :

derstands for male
diestands for female
dasstands for a thing :D ( no gender ...)

But that’s not that easy ... There are also some exceptions … did you remarked the word : “das Mنdchen“ wich means “the girl” ... ^^ ... well ... Normally it should be “die Mنdchen” ... but it’s an exception... Because a girl is not a thing ^_^ ... but that’s how it is in german ...

As last thing I can tell you that it is not that difficult like it sounds perhaps ... belive me ;) ... You learn this articles directly when you learn a word ;) . So it’s a part of the word and it is very important to know wich article it has for professional german language :whistling: .
The role of the article will be better explained in lektion Nr. 100 :D :D ( it’s not thaaat important ... the german people would understand you even if you say something with a wrong article... ;)

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor
oops, this german language is a tough cookie. So if Das is used for a 'thing'. Then why did you say: die Sonne (= the sun).. is the Sun seen as something female in Germany?

keep it going Demi, very happy with your progress so far. Unlike some who asked us to make this section for them and never turned up!
There are people with experience and people with opinions. Listen to one, smile at the other.
Posted Image

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

The Beauty and The Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Current mood: Cheerful
immer mit der ruhe! fatony... :P
What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, insepa­rable from me. For me, prison is a place of (religious) retreat; ex­ecution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel ......

Posted Image

Amina

Amina
  • Girls
  • 1,356 posts

Current mood: Tired
they consider Sun as female , and a girl as thing ! wow .... :huh:
but it's good lesson and we are learning ! , danke viele demi ^_^

HaMzA

HaMzA
  • Members
  • 927 posts

Current mood:
hallo demi....wie ghest??...well i got some german lessons in the net....
i think its lil bit like english....u say dast ist my bruder= this is my bother.....and so on...
anyway i'll be here every time i see new topic coz i like german...;) so carry on bro ;)
......By Hamouz

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

umgangssprachlich demi.. :D
vielen Dank ^_^

Wanted Dead

Wanted Dead

Senior Talker

• Members
  • 795 posts

Current mood: Dead
from where did u get that wf :D
To see a world in a grain of sand, And a heaven in a wild flower, Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, And eternity in an hour ====> Tamazgha Forever In My Heart

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

from where did u get that wf :D

kannst du schweigen? :P :D

Wanted Dead

Wanted Dead

Senior Talker

• Members
  • 795 posts

kannst du schweigen? :P :D

der google tradition :D

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

der google tradition :D

Nein... :P

Wanted Dead

Wanted Dead

Senior Talker

• Members
  • 795 posts

10 :D

demi

demi
  • Moderators
  • 1,385 posts

Current mood:

oops, this german language is a tough cookie. So if Das is used for a 'thing'. Then why did you say: die Sonne (= the sun).. is the Sun seen as something female in Germany?

:D :D , yeeeah this definite articles are making some troubles ^_^ ...
but it is them who decide weather something is a male , female or thing ... and who decided that .... hmm allaho a3lam ^^

So like you said , the sun is considered as female and e.g. the moon as a male , while in spanish : el sol ( sun is a male ) and la luna ( moon is a female ), like in french ....
and to be honestly , me sometimes get mellow :mellow: :D

so you see it's really "funny" in the romanic languages :D .. But in arabic I think the sun is also seen as a female and the moon as a male ... hmmm

languages are really intresstig ^^

demi

demi
  • Moderators
  • 1,385 posts

Current mood:

they consider Sun as female , and a girl as thing ! wow .... :huh:
but it's good lesson and we are learning ! , danke viele demi ^_^

yeah you are right. It's really komisch ( funny ) ^_^ .
And like you know , here in Germany where women have more rights than men and the men have no voice :D :D , so there was a time here where feminists (a goup of women who want to take over the world and destroy all living male creatures :D :D ) wanted to change the word "das Mädchen" to " die Mädschen" ... but they didn't have success hihi ... I mean it's just a language ;)

demi

demi
  • Moderators
  • 1,385 posts

Current mood:

hallo demi....wie ghest??...well i got some german lessons in the net....
i think its lil bit like english....u say dast ist my bruder= this is my bother.....and so on...
anyway i'll be here every time i see new topic coz i like german...;) so carry on bro ;)

Hi Hamza , danke bruder , mir gehts gut !! :D und ich hoffe dir auch ^^

( Hi Hamza , thanks bro. , I am fine !! :D and I hoe you also ^^ )

really glad to hear that you also like the german language and that you also make training in the internet !!
one day inshaallah we will perhaps speak here only in german here :rolleyes: