• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Quran reciter

Quran reciter
  • Girls
  • 703 posts

Current mood:
Rabee'ah narrates:

It was the habit of the Prophet, peace be on him, that if someone did him a good turn, he loved to repay that person with something more excellent. He wanted to do something for me too in return for my service to him. So one day he came up tome and said: 'O Rabee'ah ibn Ka'b.' 'Labbayk ya rasulullah wa Sadaik - At your command, O Messenger of God and may God grant you happiness,' I responded. 'Ask of me anything and I will give it to you.' ..

I thought a little and then said: 'Give me some time, O Messenger of God, to think about what I should ask of you. Then I will let you know.' He agreed.

At that time, I was a young man and poor. I had neither family, nor wealth, nor place of abode. I used to shelter in the Suffah of the mosque with other poor Muslims like myself. People used to call us the "guests of Islam". Whenever any Muslim brought so mething in charity to the Prophet, he would send it all to us. And if someone gave him a gift he would take some of it and leave the rest for us.

So, it occurred to me to ask the Prophet for some worldly good that would save me from poverty and make me like others who had wealth, wife and children. Soon, however, I said: 'May you perish Rabee'ah. The world is temporary and will pass away. You have your share of sustenance in it which God has guaranteed and which must come to you. The Prophet, peace be on him, has a place with his Lord and no request would be refused him. Request him therefore, to ask Allah to grant you something of the bounty of the hereafter.'

I felt pleased and satisfied with this thought. I went to the Prophet and he asked: 'What do you say, O Rabee'ah?' 'O Messenger of God,' I said, 'I ask you to beseech God most High on my behalf to make me your companion in Paradise.'

'Who has advised you thus?' asked the Prophet.

'No by God,' I said, 'No one has advise me. But when you told me 'Ask of me anything and I will give to you,' I thought of asking you for something of the goodness of this world. But before long, I was guided to choose what is permanent and lasting agains t what is temporary and perishable. And so I have asked you to beseech God on my behalf that I may be your companion in Paradise.'

The Prophet remained silent for a long while and then asked: 'Any other request besides that, Rabi'ah?' 'No, O Messenger of God, Nothing can match what I have asked you.' 'Then, in that case, assist me for your sake by performing much prostration to God.'

So I began to exert myself in worship in order to attain the good fortune of being with the Prophet in Paradise just as I had the good fortune of being in his service and being his companion in this world.

I ask the Almighty of ALLAH to join us all with the prophet in his paradise

The Repentant

The Repentant
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Current mood:
وبركاته :salaam:
We can learn a lot of beautiful things from this Hadeeth

mashallah Sahabe Rabia ibn Ka'b May Allah be pleased with him is called the highly motivated

صاحب الهمة العالية

because he asked The Messenger of Allah to be his companion in Paradise

Despite his young age ( i guess he was 13 yo -i'm not sure- at that time)

every Muslim should be highly motivated to reach his goals not only in this life but also in the hereafter and ask Allah for the highest rank in Paradise

the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:When you ask of Allaah, ask him for al-Firdaws, for it is in the middle of Paradise, the highest part of Paradise.

Above it is the Throne of the Most Merciful and from it

spring forth the rivers of Paradise.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari

we also can learn from this Hadeeth that The Prophet Peace and blessings of Allah be upon him

was able to make Dua'aa for him unconditionally but he said:

Then, in that case, assist me for your sake by performing much prostration to God.

he taught him to be a 3abeed

the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:“ Verily, Supplication is worship”.

sujud is one of the positons of the acceptance of Duaa

because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “The closest that a person may be to his Lord is when he is prostrating, so say a great deal of du’aa’ in

sujood.” (Narrated by Muslim in his Saheeh from the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him), in al-Salaah, 482).

لقوله صلى الله عليه وسلم : ( أقرب ما يكون العبد من ربه وهو ساجد فأكثروا الدعاء ) أخرجه مسلم في صحيحه من حديث أبي هريرة رضي الله عنه في الصلاة (482)

Quran reciter

Quran reciter
  • Girls
  • 703 posts

Current mood:

Thanks Alot... Jazaka ALLAHU khayran brother The Repentant for the beautiful words you've replied with.

Could you please tell us what are the other position where Duaa is accepted ? ^_^

and why do we do sujuud twice in our prayers instead of one time ?

The Repentant

The Repentant
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Current mood:
Quran reciter)-->
QUOTE(Quran reciter @ Feb 21 2009, 08:49 PM) View Post

Thanks Alot... Jazaka ALLAHU khayran brother The Repentant for the beautiful words you've replied with.

Could you please tell us what are the other position where Duaa is accepted ? ^_^

and why do we do sujuud twice in our prayers instead of one time ?

[/quote]
:salaam:
you can listen to the answer for your first question in this recording of Sheikh Muhammad Ibn Slih AlUthaymeen Rahimahu-Allah
he was asked the same question in the famous broadcast "Noor 'ala darb"(Light on the Path),
http://www.alathar.n...amp;coid=130245 ( 00:11:50 )

about the second question Allahu A3lam, we can ask a scholar about it inshallah

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

The Beauty and The Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Current mood: Cheerful
thank u for both of u.. ^_^
What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, insepa­rable from me. For me, prison is a place of (religious) retreat; ex­ecution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel ......

Posted Image

Quran reciter

Quran reciter
  • Girls
  • 703 posts

Current mood:
Jazaka ALLAHU khyran brother for the audio file ... it really helped me in alot of other things .... May ALLAH grant u his JANNAH smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I would like to copy the best times for Duaa.... to share it with the rest of my brothers and sisters

THE BEST TIMES FOR DUAA are mainly 10:

1. The last third of the night

2. Fridays, some say on Friday after Asr prayer

3. On the day of Arafah

4. Between the time of Athan and Iqama

5. In Sujood

6. When it is raining

7. Ramadan (especially Lailatul Qadr)

8. After the Fard part of prayer and at the end of Wudu

9. When traveling

10. When breaking fast

There is also When one is oppressed, When one is sick, At the time the army advances to fight in the way of Allah, Dua when someone's heart is filled with sincerity and when it is focused on Allah, Dua of the parent against or for his children

For the other answer .... i read one time that Ali Ibn taleeb RAA was asked this question and he replied with a verse from Surat TAHA : " From it we created you, into it we return you, and from it we bring you out once more." [20:55]

that means when we rise from the first sajda it refers to our creation from the earth (Turab or dust in english): " From it we created you" and the second sajda is "into it we return you" then we rise again and this time it means "and from it we bring you out once more"

Subhan ALLAH saiduna ALI was so clever.... he lived for the Quran and beleived that everything that exists in this life is mentionned in it... so he knew he'll find the answer in the Holy Quran there were no need to look in something else!!!!!

Quran reciter

Quran reciter
  • Girls
  • 703 posts

Current mood:

thank u for both of u.. ^_^

Ur welcome my sweety sister ^_^ ... am enjoying it too

The Repentant

The Repentant
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Current mood:

For the other answer .... i read one time that Ali Ibn taleeb RAA was asked this question and he replied with a verse from Surat TAHA : " From it we created you, into it we return you, and from it we bring you out once more." [20:55]that means when we rise from the first sajda it refers to our creation from the earth (Turab or dust in english): " From it we created you" and the second sajda is "into it we return you" then we rise again and this time it means "and from it we bring you out once more"

Subhan ALLAH saiduna ALI was so clever.... he lived for the Quran and beleived that everything that exists in this life is mentionned in it... so he knew he'll find the answer in the Holy Quran there were no need to look in something else!!!!!

do you have any proof that this is from Ali may Allah be pleased with him?

The Repentant

The Repentant
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Current mood:

Sheikh Abdul Rahman bin Abdullah Asheim Da3eya of the Ministry of Awqaf and Islamic Affairs in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia was asked about this story , he said

quote:
I do not think it is true, perhaps its taken from the books of Shiites.

With its thinness method, we can not inferred by quoting this verses; because the land was mentioned three times " From it we created you, into it we return you, and from it we bring you out once more." [20:55]
1-From it we created you
2-into it we return you
3-and from it we bring you out once more.

If that was the case, then Sujud would be three times.

السؤال:

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

السلام عليكم ورحمه الله وبركاته

لماذا نسجد مرتين ؟

الحمد لله رب العالمين والصلاة والسلام على النبي العربي الأمين .. أما بعد ....
سأل رجل الإمام علي بن أبي طالب : لماذا نسجد مرتين ؟ ولماذا لا نسجد مرة واحدة كما نركع مرة واحدة؟
قال الإمام علي: من الواضح أن السجود فيه خضوع وخشوع أكثر من الركوع، ففي السجود يضع الإنسان أعز أعضائه وأكرمها ( أفضل أعضاء الإنسان رأسه لان فيه عقله، وأفضل ما في الرأس الجبهة ( على أحقر شيء وهو التراب كرمز للعبودية لله، وتواضعاَ وخضوعاً له تعالى
سأل: لماذا نسجد مرتين مع كل ركعة ؟
وما هي الصفة التي في التراب ؟
فقرأ أمير المؤمنين الآية الشريفة
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم ( منها خلقناكم وفيها نعيدكم ومنها نخرجكم تارةً أخرى )صدق الله العلي العظيم
أول ما تسجد وترفع راسك يعني ( منها خلقناكم )
وجسدنا كله أصله من التراب وكل وجودنا من التراب.
وعندما تسجد ثانية تتذكر انك ستموت وتعود إلى التراب، وترفع راسك فتتذكر انك ستبعث من التراب مرة أخرى

فهل هذا الكلام صحيح .. و جزاكم الباري خيرا

الجواب:
وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته
وجزاك الله خيرا

لا أظنه يصِحّ ، ولعل مِأخوذ مِن كُتُب الرافضة .

ومع ما فيه مِن رَكاكة أسلوب ، إلا أنه لا يصِحّ الاستدلال بالآية ؛ لأن ذِكْر الأرض وَرَد فيها ثلاث مرّات (مِنْهَا خَلَقْنَاكُمْ وَفِيهَا نُعِيدُكُمْ وَمِنْهَا نُخْرِجُكُمْ تَارَةً أُخْرَى) .
1 - منها خلقناكم
2 - وفيها نُعيدكم
3 - ومنها نُخرِجكم تارة أخرى

فلو كان الأمر كذلك لَكان السجود ثلاثا .

هذا مِن جهة ، ومِن جهة أخرى فإن ما في هذا القول مُنْتَقِض بِما في صلاة الكسوف ، ففي صلاة الكسوف رُكوعان وسُجودان في كل ركعة .

وما في العبادات مِن حِكَم أكثره تَعبّدي ؛ وكثيرا ما يُعبِّر عنه العلماء بأنه غير معقول المعنى ، فصلاة الظهر والعصر والعشاء كلها أربع ركعات ، بينما المغرب ثلاث ركعات ، والفجر ركعتان .
فكل هذا مِن الْحِكَم التعبّديّة .

والله تعالى أعلم .

الشيخ عبد الرحمن السحيم

Quran reciter

Quran reciter
  • Girls
  • 703 posts

Current mood:
Nah i don't ... i was actually asking wether it's prooved or not ^_^ ... i liked the way he/they thinked... i would love to apply that on myself and start thinking that way too inchaALLAH!

Quran reciter

Quran reciter
  • Girls
  • 703 posts

Current mood:

Sheikh Abdul Rahman bin Abdullah Asheim Da3eya of the Ministry of Awqaf and Islamic Affairs in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia was asked about this story , he said

quote:
I do not think it is true, perhaps its taken from the books of Shiites.

With its thinness method, we can not inferred by quoting this verses; because the land was mentioned three times " From it we created you, into it we return you, and from it we bring you out once more." [20:55]
1-From it we created you
2-into it we return you
3-and from it we bring you out once more.

If that was the case, then Sujud would be three times.

Bro ! do u think this sheikh is thinking right!!!!?? what was he thinking of when he claimed that if that was right we would be doing sujud 3 times !!!!!

well i think that the first sajda is part of the prayer .... the second one is where the question is about!

it's this way, u do the sajda, then when u rise from it, that's where the story of our creation beguins.....

<_< am not good in explaingin it .... did u get what i mean ??? !!!!!

The Repentant

The Repentant
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Current mood:

Bro ! do u think this sheikh is thinking right!!!!??

well i think that the first sajda is part of the prayer .... the second one is where the question is about!

it's this way u do the sajda then when u rise from it that's where the story of our creation beguins

<_< am not good in explaingin it .... did u get what i mean ??? !!!!!

This story is wide spread in several forums with the absence of evidence Wa Allah Al Musta3an

yes i think the Sheikh is thinking right because we have no proof on it at all

why are you trying to convince yourself with something that it is not confirmed from the Quran or the Sunnah ?

Alhamduli-Allah we make Sujud twice because its the Sunnah of the prophet Sala Allah Alayhi Wa sallam and he

was ordered to do so for a HEKMAH only Allah knows it

Sara

Sara
  • Girls
  • 578 posts

Current mood: Bookworm
Guys there r things which it's not " ma7boub " to ask about them ( knowin or not knowin them wont make a difference ) such as why there r only 2 rak3at in fajr or 3 in maghrib not four , and so on .
So just pray the way ur supposed to !!

Quran reciter

Quran reciter
  • Girls
  • 703 posts

Current mood:
lol Sara thanks sis!!! khlas f'ritiha loooooooool

u know i just read something but am not sure if Ali RAA has really said it or not ... besides when Allah swt asked us to worship him it's not for the only reason of worshiping but also to do "ISLA7" on earth .... we gorra use our heads a lil bit ^_^

Sara

Sara
  • Girls
  • 578 posts

Current mood: Bookworm
Haha Reciter u think u can scare me like that , Im just bein nice with u koz ur my sister , u kno wat I mean babe :P
Reciter my dear use ur head for the right things . There are certain matters which r from " ghaybiyyat" , they are the way they are for a certain " 7ikma la ya3lamoha illa rabbi swt " ( Only Allah knows why)
If u use ur energy lookin for them u will be lost and waste time that can be used in other matters which would benefit u more .

Quran reciter

Quran reciter
  • Girls
  • 703 posts

Current mood:
U know sister .... you and Brother Repentant misunderstood my point.... unfortunatly!!!

Look dear .... the point is ... are you guys realizing how important is returning everything and every issue we face in our daily life to the Holy Quran!!! it means that we found the cure...!!!!

knowing the reason why sujud was done twice not once is not important... even the alleged interpretation of Ali raa is not important... but what really matters is the way of reasoning he has used...

Allah swt has put a treasor between our hands ... so till when are we supposed to keep reading it without doin researches and extract cures from it.... Allah when he said "Shiffaa" he didn't only mean shifaa from stress from diseases from ..... it also means shifaa from all those mysteries of this wide world

It is true that i gorra follow the sunna and i have to becareful not to deviate from the right path... but there is a crucial element here too... we have to use our heads as well... it's the main reason why we were born...

ummm i don't know... i have jumped through ideas ... well one thought led to the other .... hope that u got my point this time

Thanks for listening ...

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor
ok great topic guys and I like the discussion that's going on here. I just want to remind you guys of the verse that Allah swt says: " " "And of knowledge, you (mankind) have been given only a little." [: 85 - Sura #17 verse 85]

There are many things we learned which we don't know the reason behind them. For example, the letters at the beginning of the (7awameem ) or alboraq (the creature which the prophet rode to fly to Palestine and then to the heavens during Israa and Miraj, what was it made of?

There are thousands of unanswered questions which we can't find answers to and might not find answers to. I agree that yes we should the 7ikma behind what we do, but if it's not there then we shouldn't try to make it have a 7ikma, also yes having reasoning is very important and it is the major reason why many people are entering Islam today, because everything makes sense and is backed up by science.

BUT if we try to justify everything in Islam by reason, then there won't be anything left for faith and faith as we know it is to believe in the unknown and in what we don't see and this is a very crucial part of our religion.

I want to remind you of a hadith which the prophet PBUH said : "I wish i had met my brothers" the companions replied "aren't we your brothers?" he said "you are my companions, but my brothers are those who believed in me and have never seen me"

WgxUpZ6.png