• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

demi

demi
  • Moderators
  • 1,385 posts

Current mood:

salam ,

I wanted to open here a new topic wich treats the content of the Djum3a-khotba !!!
Everyone who can go to the mosque Fridays and listen to the khotba , can share it here with us in a short summary smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />.
At this way , we will all learn more about our religion smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />.

So I will start here ....

27.02.09 Friday summary of khotba :

The Imam talked about Friday’s prayer itself ^_^. He told us that the Adjr of Djum3a is in three steps:
1) It starts at home when you make wudo2 and niyya to go to masjid without making any sins.

2) When you enter the masjid and you make niyya for i3tikaf. That means you want to take extra time in masjid before prayer starts to come nearer to Allah .

3) And the third step is the most importat one : when the Imam starts to speak the khotba, we shall listen to his words.
And not only listening , but also understanding and be able to repeat the content to muslims and to non-muslims.
Not only saying the khotba was very nice and when someone asks us , what did the Imam say, then we can’t repeat ^^

Listening is the first and easiest way to get informations about our din and also about science ...
And when we have knowledge we shall share it with others!

Some “3olama2” were asked : what is better to share and why ? knowledge or money ??
The 3olama2 said : well look , it’s good to make nafaqa ( share money with poor people) with money, but the money itself will decrease for you. While when you share knowledge with others, then you will help the people who don’t know much and increase their knowledge, but also your knowledge will be more solid and it will increase with more and more lessons you give...

That was the main content smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> ... I won’t write too much , and I also bet you not to write much. Please concentrate on the Main-content !!!

May Allah help us to know better about our religion , ameen

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

The Beauty and The Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Current mood: Cheerful
thats a good idea demi.. ^_^
What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, insepa­rable from me. For me, prison is a place of (religious) retreat; ex­ecution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel ......

Posted Image

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,507 posts

Current mood: Cloud 9 Contributor
may Allah bless u and reward u for this beautiful topic ^_^
Posted Image

Amina

Amina
  • Girls
  • 1,356 posts

Current mood: Tired
Jazaka Allaho kol khayr demi , it's a great topic , inshallah we will hear more and more informations through this khtba topic .. continue

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA
  • Girls
  • 2,491 posts

Current mood:
What's up

I wanted to open here a new topic wich treats the content of the Djum3a-khotba !!!

The Imam talked about Friday’s prayer itself ^_^. He told us that the Adjr of Djum3a is in three steps:

waz up with the 'D' Demi Djum3a Adjr LOOL :D :D it reminds me of DJ :D
By the way nice topic dem ;)

:I dont know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody:

Ithri

Ithri

Mnarvi-DZ

• Members
  • 1,191 posts

Current mood:
Demi, nice idea.
Sorry but I have a side question. In which languages is el khotba said in Germany? Do Turks and Arabs have separate mosques?
Un homme se leva et demanda permission d'appeler les fidles la prire.
Permission lui ft donne:
- Vous pouvez les appeler, tant que vous les appelez Dieu et non vous-mme.
- Mais comment saurais-je la diffrence?
- Si a vous drange que quelqu'un d'autre les appelle Dieu, c'est que vous les appelez vous-mme.

Malek

Malek
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Current mood:
Salem3likoum,

Thanks for sharing the khotba content brother, it was beneficial.
For my part, I usually pray djomo3a in a turkish masdjid, the Imam talks turkish the majority of the khotba and
chuia in arabic, so the arabic part is unfortunately mostly ayat not related with the subject I guess smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

bentAljazair

bentAljazair
  • Girls
  • 989 posts

Current mood:
Thank you Demi

Pity I never go to friday salat. I only go to el3aid salat. :(
NEVER FORGET GAZA - NEVER FORGIVE ZIONISTS - BOYCOTT ISRAEL

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA

SAEEDA~ROUKAYA
  • Girls
  • 2,491 posts

Current mood:

Thank you Demi

Pity I never go to friday salat. I only go to el3aid salat. :(

Same here siso, ;) only 3id payer, it's very special to me :(

demi

demi
  • Moderators
  • 1,385 posts

Current mood:
Today I wasn't able to go to Djum3a Prayer .... -_- .. but I wanted to write what I remember from last Djum3a smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

06.03.09 The Imam talked about the "heart" of a muslim/ muslima!!!

He said, that Allah looks to our hearts and not to our clothes or to our appearance.
So we shall always take care of our heart, because each time when we make something bad, then a black point come to our heart. And these black points can accumulate till our heart become totaly black and ill. When this happens , then our heart becomes sensless, cause we can't feel with it anymore... Everything becomes indifferent for us... even the bad things . Consequently the good things won't let us feel well or impressed anymore ... That would be very dangerous ...

He said that we can see a person with a good heart by a "ligh" from his/her face ...

And also he said, that we should never judge people from their appearance . Cause only Allah knows about their niyya and about their heart.

Also it is very important to keep "love" and "mercy" in our hearts. Our hearts shouldn't be rigorous. They sould be able to feel ...
He told us that in homes where the habitants have love and mercy in their hearts, there you can find inner calm, peace and good feeling. In contrary in homes where the hearts are like stones, there you will find problems and argue and and and ...

He also told us a nice hadith ( as last point from this long summary ^_^ , sorry) :
approximatly the meaning ( wa allahu a3lam ... ) : one day the prophet (s.a.a.w.s) went to someone and when he saw the little son of this man, the prophet(s.a.a.w.s) gave to the little "cute" son a kiss ( as we do, when we see e.g. our little sister or brother ^^ ) . The man was estonished and mentioned that he has 7 (or more ?? ) children and he never has kissed one of them from the day they were born ... . The prophet ( s.a.a.w.s.) only repeated by saying , that he can't do much for this poor man who has no "love" existing in his heart ...

( I hope it is not wrong to say a hadith but only the meaning and not the right recitation ... :mellow: )

May Allah let our hearts always full of mercy and love and feelings for good things !!! ameen smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

demi

demi
  • Moderators
  • 1,385 posts

Current mood:

What's up

:lol: .... I never saw it from that side :P :D ... In Germany we write "Dj" for "j" ... cause we have no "g"-spelling :P ... ( 7arf "geem" ) ... If I write only "j" without "d" then it is like I would say : " youm3a" or "yame3" <_< ... I get used always to wirte "djum3a"

and djazaki Allaho khaira al djaza2 ^_^

demi

demi
  • Moderators
  • 1,385 posts

Current mood:

Demi, nice idea.
Sorry but I have a side question. In which languages is el khotba said in Germany? Do Turks and Arabs have separate mosques?

Well here where I live , there are two arabic Masdjids and 3 turc masdjids.
Yes unfortunetly arabs and turcs have more or less separated masdjids .... -_- ... but it is not forbidden for arabs to enter turc masdjid or vice verca... but turcs and arabs aren't that united here .... it's really said ... although we have same religion ... but problem is the language ( many turcs don't speak german well and many arabs also... so ther is almost no way for conversation :mellow: )

I went to all masdjids :D at least 3 times ^_^

The khotba in arab masdjids is said first in arabic and then translated in german ( in second "halftime" :D .. if I can call it like that ^^ ... )

The turc masdjids I visited , didn't offer german language ... only turkish and a bit arabic ( ayat , du3a2 ... )
But in big cities they also offer german languge , I am sure smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Quran reciter

Quran reciter
  • Girls
  • 703 posts

Current mood:

Today I wasn't able to go to Djum3a Prayer .... -_- .. but I wanted to write what I remember from last Djum3a smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

06.03.09 The Imam talked about the "heart" of a muslim/ muslima!!!

He said, that Allah looks to our hearts and not to our clothes or to our appearance.
So we shall always take care of our heart, because each time when we make something bad, then a black point come to our heart. And these black points can accumulate till our heart become totaly black and ill. When this happens , then our heart becomes sensless, cause we can't feel with it anymore... Everything becomes indifferent for us... even the bad things . Consequently the good things won't let us feel well or impressed anymore ... That would be very dangerous ...

He said that we can see a person with a good heart by a "ligh" from his/her face ...

And also he said, that we should never judge people from their appearance . Cause only Allah knows about their niyya and about their heart.

Also it is very important to keep "love" and "mercy" in our hearts. Our hearts shouldn't be rigorous. They sould be able to feel ...
He told us that in homes where the habitants have love and mercy in their hearts, there you can find inner calm, peace and good feeling. In contrary in homes where the hearts are like stones, there you will find problems and argue and and and ...

He also told us a nice hadith ( as last point from this long summary ^_^ , sorry) :
approximatly the meaning ( wa allahu a3lam ... ) : one day the prophet (s.a.a.w.s) went to someone and when he saw the little son of this man, the prophet(s.a.a.w.s) gave to the little "cute" son a kiss ( as we do, when we see e.g. our little sister or brother ^^ ) . The man was estonished and mentioned that he has 7 (or more ?? ) children and he never has kissed one of them from the day they were born ... . The prophet ( s.a.a.w.s.) only repeated by saying , that he can't do much for this poor man who has no "love" existing in his heart ...

( I hope it is not wrong to say a hadith but only the meaning and not the right recitation ... :mellow: )

May Allah let our hearts always full of mercy and love and feelings for good things !!! ameen smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Thank u demi!!! what a great khotba mashallah!

:( i really miss going to the masjid and listen to imam's advice and fatwa !!!!

Quran reciter

Quran reciter
  • Girls
  • 703 posts

Current mood:

What's up

Oh sister becos in arabic "fous7a" there is no "Ja" there is "Dja" means "djeem" and not "Jim" ...

I know syrian say "jim" and even some slangs in Algeria ... Well in english the sound Jim" doesnt exist either :rolleyes:

But when u come and read the Quran ur not supposed to pronounce it " Jim" ... that's a mistake in Quran reading ! ^_^

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,507 posts

Current mood: Cloud 9 Contributor
no speech for yesterday's prayers?!! what no one attended :huh:

SonicDream

SonicDream
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Current mood:
Excellent idea for a topic Demi.

Okay! This week's khotba was about women's rights.

As expected, there were examples from the seera and the rights that women practiced at the time of the prophet, but there is one thing that is worth pondering.

As you know, in Islam a woman is not supposed to travel to distant places without a mahrem. The reason, the imam says, is not to
restrict women's freedom and it is not to be used to disapprove women's right in Islam. On the contrary, he says this only emphasizes the high position a woman holds in society further and further. He says*, and I quote, "A women is not supposed to serve, but to be served by man" so that a woman does not have to bare by herself with all the hard labor involved in traveling, and the risks someone has to face.

How gallant is that?! smile

----------------------------------------------
* The imam says this is conducted by the scholars.

Quran reciter

Quran reciter
  • Girls
  • 703 posts

Current mood:

"A women is not supposed to serve, but to be served by man"

:rolleyes: i wonder why i have a crach on this sentence looool!!!

Thanks bro so much for sharing ur sermon's contenant .... smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> we appreciate it so much

Ithri

Ithri

Mnarvi-DZ

• Members
  • 1,191 posts

Current mood:
Thanks Demi. One thing though, the only version of the hadith you mentioned below which I heard of is of him saaws kissing his grand sons Hassan and Hussein raa and not the man's boy (but there could b this other version); and the hadith in Arabic says rahma so mercy rather than love, although I agree, they are linked.

The "A women is not supposed to serve, but to be served by man" is just another empty sentence. How is she supposed to be served by the man if she does all the home chores, etc...
It is interesting how some ppl look for any thing to explain Islamic rules. Ok let's suppose the man serves her and all and that's the reason behind not allowing her to travel long distances without a mahram,in which case he would agree for her to travel long distances alone for leisure or for hadj (there is a special rule for this one)?!

SonicDream

SonicDream
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Current mood:
"A women is not supposed to serve, but to be served by man"

Well, I did say that it is something worth pondering, so I am happy to know that E-DZ members are indeed logical thinkers.

To start of, I agree that such a statement could be a controversial one,
and that's the way I see it anyway, but there is certainly truthfulness to it, I believe that too. So, I do not see it
as an "empty statement", it might be another way to look at things. True, a woman does chores, but she is not expected
to do everything, (especially those that require trips "outside " of the comfort of her own home which usually have a different nature
from your typical house chores.)

And you know, scholars say that the main reason behind the restriction is in protection of the woman, and that does not contradict with
the first statement since that is one way a man would serve a woman (i.e. instead of her having to protect herself).

As for the last part about weather a woman could travel, by herself, long distances for leisure, or for Hadj. I didn't really want to mention this as I am not
so sure of my personal take on it, but sure enough, there are scholars who say that a woman can travel without a (male) mahrem; she can travel: with a group of
women, with one trusted woman, or even with nobody if the trip and the road are guaranteed to be safe.*

But you know, at the end of the day, what chivalry is in a man who would leave a woman to travel on her own?! ^_^

----------------------------------
* You may have noticed that I ought to have mentioned some of the names of the scholars who spoke of the case
of a woman traveling by herself, but I am not even going to do so. If you are curious about the case, please find out your own, it is not what my reply is about.

As I say, do not accept the first thing that takes your fancy . ( After doing all the research, rather take the one that is best reasoned out)

♥JaNNaH♥

♥JaNNaH♥

Honorary Algerian

• Moderators
  • 5,092 posts

Current mood:
I heard on the shariah laws here the woman is not supposed to do all the home chores, it is her choice to do so, not because she has to, that it is culture that make some think she has to and often don't help her, and The Prophet Saw helped with housework

p.s anyone who disagrees or wants to shout at me should research it first :P
Truly, to Allaah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return

Posted Image