writersfreedom

writersfreedom

The Beauty and The Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Current mood: Cheerful
Hamlet ''the prince & man'' ...

''O.what a noble mind is hero o;erthrown!'

Probably the most famous play in the English language, Hamlet transcends the revenge tradition and explores the nature of man.

Hamlet was written between 1598 and the summer of 1602,and probably during the winter of 1601-2.
It was a time of great troubles,some of which are reflected in the play it self.

O all host of heaven! O earth, what else?
And shall I couple dirt; remember there?
Yes thou poor Ghost; from the tables
Of my memory, I'll wipe away all saws of books,
All trivial fond conceits
That ever youth, or else observance noted,
And thy remembrance all alone shall sit.
Yes,yes,by heaven,a damned pernicious villian,
(My tables) meet it is I set it down,
That one may smile,and smile,and be a villian;
At least I am sure,it may be so in Denmark.
So uncle,there you are,there you are.
Now to the words; it is adieu adieu: remember me,
So 'tis enough,I have sworn.

p.s: I will move the other posts abt the play here one way or another.. :D

What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, insepa­rable from me. For me, prison is a place of (religious) retreat; ex­ecution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel ......

Posted Image

Wanted Dead

Wanted Dead

Senior Talker

• Members
  • 796 posts

Current mood: Dead
edz books club :D : the book of this week is a play of shakspeare :D hamlet :D

for those who don't have it it's here

Posted Image

http://rapidshare.co...769/hamlet_.pdf

waiting for opinions and discussions
To see a world in a grain of sand, And a heaven in a wild flower, Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, And eternity in an hour ====> Tamazgha Forever In My Heart

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

okay ppl did u finish readin the book yet?.. :D :P
lets c the first week is almost over so we have to talk abt this one so that we can choose a new book.. ^_^

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,507 posts

Current mood: Cloud 9 Contributor
i've got a question:
do u consider Hamlet as a stong or a weak character?
strong in the way he fighted the temptation to avenge his father.
weak in the way he hesitated to fulllfil his duty
Posted Image

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Hamlet is without question the most famous play in the English language. Probably written in 1601 or 1602, the tragedy is a milestone in Shakespeareís dramatic development; the playwright achieved artistic maturity in this work through his brilliant depiction of the heroís struggle with two opposing forces: moral integrity and the need to avenge his fatherís murder.

Shakespeareís focus on this conflict was a revolutionary departure from contemporary revenge tragedies, which tended to graphically dramatize violent acts on stage, in that it emphasized the heroís dilemma rather than the depiction of bloody deeds. The dramatistís genius is also evident in his transformation of the playís literary sourcesóespecially the contemporaneous Ur-Hamletóinto an exceptional tragedy. The Ur-Hamlet, or ďoriginal Hamlet,Ē is a lost play that scholars believe was written mere decades before Shakespeareís Hamlet, providing much of the dramatic context for the later tragedy. Numerous sixteenth-century records attest to the existence of the Ur-Hamlet, with some references linking its composition to Thomas Kyd, the author of The Spanish Tragedy. Other principal sources available to Shakespeare were Saxo Grammaticusís Historiae Danicae (circa 1200), which features a popular legend with a plot similar to Hamlet, and FranÁois de Belleforestís Histoires Tragiques, Extraicts des Oeuvres Italiennes de Bandel (7 Vols.; 1559-80), which provides an expanded account of the story recorded in the Historiae Danicae. From these sources Shakespeare created Hamlet, a supremely rich and complex literary work that continues to delight both readers and audiences with its myriad meanings and interpretations.

In the words of Ernest Johnson, ďthe dilemma of Hamlet the Prince and ManĒ is ďto disentangle himself from the temptation to wreak justice for the wrong reasons and in evil passion, and to do what he must do at last for the pure sake of justice.Ö From that dilemma of wrong feelings and right actions, he ultimately emerges, solving the problem by attaining a proper state of mind.Ē Hamlet endures as the object of universal identification because his central moral dilemma transcends the Elizabethan period, making him a man for all ages. In his difficult struggle to somehow act within a corrupt world and yet maintain his moral integrity, Hamlet ultimately reflects the fate of all human beings.

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

i've got a question:
do u consider Hamlet as a stong or a weak character?
strong in the way he fighted the temptation to avenge his father.
weak in the way he hesitated to fulllfil his duty

thats a good question lilia... ^_^
well he knew that his father has been killed by Claudius,his uncle, Hamlet's only honourable course of action is revenge.
But Hamlet's nature tends not towards action but reflection.

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

so no more questions abt ''Hamlet''..?
well if no one else wants to say something then its time to move to our 2nd book.. ^_^
okay one of u can choose the book for this week..if none of u does walid or I will..& then u'll say
''we dnt like this book''..so u choose for this week & we'll see. smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Wanted Dead

Wanted Dead

Senior Talker

• Members
  • 796 posts

ok guys , i read most of ur replies , i think u r doing just great with those books :D

well , waiting ur suggestions about the book :D or else me or writer will choose for you :D

waiting for feedbacks as well :D

bentAljazair

bentAljazair
  • Girls
  • 989 posts

Current mood:
The lord of the rings ;)
NEVER FORGET GAZA - NEVER FORGIVE ZIONISTS - BOYCOTT ISRAEL

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

The lord of the rings ;)

I love lord of the rings..:D but which part r u talking abt bent?.. :D
I didnt forget that I said last time that u can choose the book this week bent.. ^_^

but I love the book u chose more than 1000 pages.. :P

Amina

Amina
  • Girls
  • 1,356 posts

Current mood: Tired
well, that's GREAT idea writers , thanks alot .... I didn't start with you .. but I'm reading from 2 days a novel of Amine Malouf called "Les jardins de lumiŤre" .... so I sugest it !
„š ŖŠ »” «š “Ś—…, „š ŖŠ ”„«Ń šŐ„… ś „š ŖŠ »Õ— ŠńŠń…

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

well, that's GREAT idea writers , thanks alot .... I didn't start with you .. but I'm reading from 2 days a novel of Amine Malouf called "Les jardins de lumiŤre" .... so I sugest it !

thats a good book amina.. ^_^
but not all members can read in french so the book must b in english.. smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
hw ever am gonna read that book my self ..thank u for sugestin.. ;)
& I hop u will b an active member in our book club.. ^_^

Amina

Amina
  • Girls
  • 1,356 posts

thats a good book amina.. ^_^
but not all members can read in french so the book must b in english.. smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
hw ever am gonna read that book my self ..thank u for sugestin.. ;)
& I hop u will b an active member in our book club.. ^_^

inshallah writers .. so , what is the next book ?? have you chosed yet ?

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

inshallah writers .. so , what is the next book ?? have you chosed yet ?

well to b honest no not yet am waitin to see the books members give me..& no book is not welcome cause if we dnt read it this week inshallah it shall b read the week after ;)

Amina

Amina
  • Girls
  • 1,356 posts

ok , waiting to see the book you'll chose ;)

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

ok , waiting to see the book you'll chose ;)

thnx,it will b nice to have u in the book club amina.. ;) ^_^

Sara

Sara
  • Girls
  • 578 posts

Current mood: Bookworm
Well I suggest " The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho , I read it once , it's not big , u can finish it in one night and it'sup to personal interpretations ( it's about followin one's dreams and findin his destiny ) you wont necessarily like it , but that's wht the book club is about .
And I also suggest Mouloud Feraoun and Kateb Yacine's novels , I love them ' Le Fils du Pauvre , Les Chemins Qui Montent , Nedjma ... Yeah they're in French but come on they're about our history and traditions .)
I hate classics that why Im choosin such kind of books lol

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Well I suggest " The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho , I read it once , it's not big , u can finish it in one night and it'sup to personal interpretations ( it's about followin one's dreams and findin his destiny ) you wont necessarily like it , but that's wht the book club is about .
And I also suggest Mouloud Feraoun and Kateb Yacine's novels , I love them ' Le Fils du Pauvre , Les Chemins Qui Montent , Nedjma ... Yeah they're in French but come on they're about our history and traditions .)
I hate classics that why Im choosin such kind of books lol

thnx for the books sara..I shall let u kno wut book we will have for this week inshallah.. ^_^

Wanted Dead

Wanted Dead

Senior Talker

• Members
  • 796 posts

well , since i'm back , i would propose as anyregular member :D my book would be :
1- the republic ---- >plato
2- the odyssey or the iliad ------ > homer
3- the constitution of freemasons :oioi:

so tell me what u think :D by the way Paulo Coelho despite i think he is a freak , but he is cool :D

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

well thank u for the books walid.. smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
okay since we cant just begin readin our book till Saturday the other members also feel free to give us books to read.
by friday inshallah I will post the book which we will read this week inshallah.. ^_^
all members r more than welcome to b in our book club.. ;)