- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor

Controversial British MP George Galloway has been denied admission to Canada to speak at a Toronto anti-war conference, and a spokesman for Immigration Minister Jason Kenney says the minister won't intervene.

"The minister will not give a special exemption from Canada's security laws to Mr. Galloway, nor will he provide special treatment to a man who brags about giving 'financial support' to Hamas, a banned terrorist organization in Canada, or who offers sympathy for Canada's enemies in Afghanistan," Alykhan Velshi told CTV News in a statement on Friday.

Full Source: http://toronto.ctv.c...320?hub=Toronto

Canada is the land of freedom and freedom of speech. YA RIGHT

WgxUpZ6.png

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

The Beauty and The Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Current mood: Cheerful
:o omg I thought canada is the land of the freedom of speach .. <_< ..well I guess they all think the same after all..
What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, insepa­rable from me. For me, prison is a place of (religious) retreat; ex­ecution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel ......

Posted Image

Ozzy

Ozzy

Think different™ 

• Moderators
  • 1,550 posts

Current mood: Inspired
George Galloway is awesome!
I always thought that Canada was different from the USA...guess I was wrong.

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor
well canadians have a big problem with brits working there... I know couple of my bosses who wanted to go to canada to work..they werent allowed. however, Algerians got in easy :D .

George is gangster - he'll marry a canadian and get a green card... then - claim benefits... he mixed too much with Pakistanis (Respect Organisation).
There are people with experience and people with opinions. Listen to one, smile at the other.
Posted Image

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor
lol well you guys have to understand that the current government is only provisional because it is not a majority government which means their period is cut by half, so instead of 4 years they'll only be in power for 2 years. Another thing you should know is that it is a conservative government which based most of its decisions on doing what Bush wanted, so now that he's gone, the opposition is trying to stand against this current conservative government and all of its major decisions that it's taking INCLUDING the Galloways issue.

They should come up with a decision by next week whether to allow him into the country or not.