• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

bentAljazair

bentAljazair
  • Girls
  • 989 posts

Current mood:
salam

El Hareek (the fire) is a TV series of the 70s based on the novels : The fire and the big house by Mohamed Dib, directed by Mostapha Badi3.
The OST beautiful music is by Lamine Bechichi
I used to love listening to the comment at the beginning with the voice of Abd ElKrim Al Guetari...I was a child but I understood the meaning and felt the pain and misery of the people of the story.

شعب ...
شعب أرادوا أن يحولوه بالقوة إلى عبارة عن قطيع من الغنم... همه الوحيد هو المرعى... الجري وراء القوت
شعب حاولوا أن يسلبوا منه شخصيته ...وأرادوا أن يجعلوه هكذا بقوة النار و الحديد
شعب تألم من وضعيته و لكنه لم ييأس من أن يرى في الأفق ... بزوغ فجر الحرية
شعب لم يكف أبدا عن الكفاح ... كبح رغبة شديدة من أجل العيش تحت الشمس المشرقة فأرغموه على العيش في الظلام
شعب منذ أكثر من قرن لم يكف عن الكفاح لكي يسترجع كرامته المسلوبة
شعب...لكي يضع حدا للظلم والطغيان حمل في هذا اليوم التاريخي من شهر نوفمبر السلاح للتحرر ... والإنعتاق
إن شريطنا هذا ليس مخصصا أو مهدا إلى روح أي بطل كان ... ميتا أو حيا في يومنا هذا
هو تقدير و إجلال لشعب تألم من احتلال طويــــــــــــــــــل
هو تقدير و إكرام إلى شعلة الحرية التي لم تنفك تنخر جسمه
كل الأشخاص ............................. هم خياليون
الحـــــــــريــــــــــــق

That TV series did succeed to convey to our generation, born after independence, how our parent’s generation used to live under French colonisation.....years before the last revolution....portraits of unknown mujahideen...unknown heroes of hard forgotten times...

Never forgot ... : Yemma La POLICE!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S59HnSC0p8g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqPovEUpmB4&feature=related

salam
NEVER FORGET GAZA - NEVER FORGIVE ZIONISTS - BOYCOTT ISRAEL

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor
Interesting, so where did this take place.... it seems very similar to daar sbittar la?
There are people with experience and people with opinions. Listen to one, smile at the other.
Posted Image

Ithri

Ithri

Mnarvi-DZ

• Members
  • 1,191 posts

Current mood:
Thanks BentAljazair.
How could I forget "Yemma la police", "Hamid Saraj", "Didi borracho", etc!
Mohamed Dib's trilogy (La Grande Maison, L'Incendie and Le Metier a tisser) are just great; and Al hariq (aka Dar sbitar among algerians) was such a good adaptation of it.

There is one part of the novel which I remember very well because we studied it in primary school (5th or 6th year) or maybe in CEM. It was when the Algerian teacher of Omar taught them the meaning of "La Patrie" (motherland) and started telling them that France is our motherland, before switching to Arabic and telling them the truth.
I was lucky some time ago and found the episode which tells this very story.

And Fatony, the story took place in Tlemcen for La Grande Maison and then in Bni Boublen for L'Incendie. And although the story was kind of auto-biographical of Mohamed Dib's life, the characters could have been anywhere and everywhere in Algeria, they weren't linked to space within Algeria, which is why the story is beautiful.
Un homme se leva et demanda permission d'appeler les fidèles à la prière.
Permission lui fût donnée:
- Vous pouvez les appeler, tant que vous les appelez à Dieu et non à vous-même.
- Mais comment saurais-je la différence?
- Si ça vous dérange que quelqu'un d'autre les appelle à Dieu, c'est que vous les appelez à vous-même.

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

The Beauty and The Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Current mood: Cheerful
very Interesting Thanks for sharin this.
but it's all black & white with no colours & I thought that they had colours in tv by the 70s :huh:

What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, insepa­rable from me. For me, prison is a place of (religious) retreat; ex­ecution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel ......

Posted Image

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor
I used to watch Dar Sbitar. I remember one episode which scared the living dirt out of me: the one where that gramma went: 3eyni, 3eyni el klaaab .... I guess she was having a really bad dream.