Change
Photo

Upgrade forums

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Poll: Upgrade forums (19 member(s) have cast votes)

Should we upgrade our forums?

1. Yes (15 votes [78.95%])

Percentage of vote: 78.95%

2. No (4 votes [21.05%])

Percentage of vote: 21.05%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor
salam everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their summer break.

Usually during the summer we go through maintenance of the forums and try to upgrade our systems, this summer, there is a big upgrade for our forums. This upgrade is to a better, faster and much secure forum. I managed to move some of our posts and topics over to a testing site so everyone here can go on it and just checks it out and plays around with all the cool features and what not.

I will have this Topic and poll up for about a week or so so that everyone can participate and vote. We want replies and opinions on what you think because of course we want to make sure that we're all on the same page and that you're part of our decision making. Keep in mind that it is a new forum and we might all have to go through a few steps of learning before we'll be able to master it (including myself :P)

So go click and enjoy NEW FORUMS

PS: I have put up two themes or looks on the forums which you can change at the bottom left corner of the forums.... remember that we can change the look whenever we want, we'll just have to choose one of those two for now, so please test them both and let us know which one you like better.

Thanks smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

WgxUpZ6.png

Wanted Dead

Wanted Dead

Senior Talker

• Members
  • 796 posts

Current mood: Dead
salam : :D

to be truthful i didn't like the new forum , it look like a pro-games people :D or crackers :D i think this forum is great and fast , by the way is the new forum an Ip Board ?

wishes ...
To see a world in a grain of sand, And a heaven in a wild flower, Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, And eternity in an hour ====> Tamazgha Forever In My Heart

touta

touta
  • Girls
  • 842 posts

Current mood: Depressed
ok !!!
i liked how things are in order there but the only thing that i didn't llike was the color black it is not good at all i hink it doesn't give you the feeling like you're safe or something
so how about the same picture of the forum but the colors of this one can you manage to try doing that beebo?

thanks ;)
:lol: laughing is good but not all the time ;)

Amina

Amina
  • Girls
  • 1,356 posts

Current mood: Tired
AND SEND FEEDBACK !! smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> ok ..
very nice idea , this gonna give a new air ... I like it alot ,just make sure to change the dark color to other light one.
من كل بستان زهرة, من كل سماء نجمة و من كل بحر لؤلؤة

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

I guess no one read the last part of the post... There are two themes on there.. one is dark and one is light... but like I said the colors of the forum can be changed at any time we just have to get the right one, for now we just want everyone to test the options on the new forum like posting, changing settings, etc. just to have a feel for it.

I will make the default skin light for now since no one likes the dark one, but u can always change it at the bottom to compare.

PS: I have put up two themes or looks on the forums which you can change at the bottom left corner of the forums.... remember that we can change the look whenever we want, we'll just have to choose one of those two for now, so please test them both and let us know which one you like better.

Malek

Malek
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Current mood:
salam

Really good job, I don't think that I'm the right one to judge it but I like it smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

The Beauty and The Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Current mood: Cheerful

salam everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their summer break.

Usually during the summer we go through maintenance of the forums and try to upgrade our systems, this summer, there is a big upgrade for our forums. This upgrade is to a better, faster and much secure forum. I managed to move some of our posts and topics over to a testing site so everyone here can go on it and just checks it out and plays around with all the cool features and what not.

I will have this Topic and poll up for about a week or so so that everyone can participate and vote. We want replies and opinions on what you think because of course we want to make sure that we're all on the same page and that you're part of our decision making. Keep in mind that it is a new forum and we might all have to go through a few steps of learning before we'll be able to master it (including myself :P)

So go click and enjoy NEW FORUMS

well I liked the dark theme better . and the new one looks more Professional but also kinda cold !
and like u said I think we just need sometime to get used to it ..but I also didnt get a few things there but then again am not good with that kind of stuff but it looks like u did a good job there.
I'll spend some more time there to better understand and then give u more Feedback and vote inshallah.
Thanks.

What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, insepa­rable from me. For me, prison is a place of (religious) retreat; ex­ecution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel ......

Posted Image

Apocalypse

Apocalypse

revolution

• Darja Gurus
  • 1,698 posts

Current mood: Procrastinating
salam alikom everyone, i like the new skin, and i think you should go for it
it is very artistic

touta

touta
  • Girls
  • 842 posts

Current mood: Depressed
aaaaaaaa ok in this case i'll check it again

demi

demi
  • Moderators
  • 1,385 posts

Current mood:
Well to be honest, I also liked the black background ... it is at least eyes-friendly :D ...

Too much white light exposure from the desktop is not good for the eyes :P ... And well I think this is not the matter in the new site :D

concerning the speed , well I didn't notice any speed more than in this forum .... And by me the speed of this forum is also good acceptable or very good acceptable ^^ ...

But like touta also said, the good of the new forum is that is more clearly and ordered ... I remeber the first time when I loged here on e-dz , I was lost :D ... I was demotivated and was searching for many things which were so little in the edge where nobody could see them :D ...

Hopefully I had enough time and I found the topics so intresting and kind people here ^^ ... else ... :D

to sum up ... : I would go with the new forum-style ^^ ... there are just still things , like attaching file ... Today I couldn't attach a picture ... but well I think this is just a test version and it just will show us how it would look like ;)
في كبري عرفت القيمة

Sara

Sara
  • Girls
  • 578 posts

Current mood: Bookworm
I like the new one as well , it's really cool , even the dark theme there , it's really comfortable . About speed and other stuff I agree with Demi , I didnt see a difference , and this one is good .

^_^Chaouia^_^

^_^Chaouia^_^
  • Girls
  • 3,647 posts

Current mood: Woot!
i like how our site is now, the new one is like all other boards and does not catch the attention of browsers like this one does. also how are you going to transfer the videos, photo albulm and the music to the new site?
i do find the new ip board boring
TamattuT nnegh machi ghir i waghrom
Tattali zang u yis wa Traffed' agastur."
The shawi woman isn't just for house work
She rides the horse and carries a sword.

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

ok everyone I have added 2 new looks to the new site... please take a look and see which one is the best for now, I'll keep adding as I get more inshallah.. keep in mind that we're gonna have to move there eventually, because its much secure and I promise it will be as homey as this was :D

Right now we have:

IPBoard, Grey, iSkin and Deflections

PS: to change the look just go down to the bottom of the forum and there will be a selection menu on the left where you can change the look to one of those