• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Yaye

Yaye
  • Girls
  • 290 posts

Current mood:
Azul,

I'm wondering what's the story behind the tattoos?

If any of u would know it would be great :D

Tanmmirth

I'M INTERNATIONAL BAAAAABYYYY

Posted Image

^_^Chaouia^_^

^_^Chaouia^_^
  • Girls
  • 3,647 posts

Current mood: Woot!
well tattoos used to represent what area, tribe and family a woman came from, they also represented how high up in society the woman was by the marks and how many she had.
shame no one has written a book about the meaning of the marks and the areas they came from to safe guarde for learning the history.

i have women in my family who all have the same mark on their right upper arm, saying the village they are from, but many do not know what the other marks mean.
  • Yaye likes this
TamattuT nnegh machi ghir i waghrom
Tattali zang u yis wa Traffed' agastur."
The shawi woman isn't just for house work
She rides the horse and carries a sword.

Yaye

Yaye
  • Girls
  • 290 posts

Current mood:

well tattoos used to represent what area, tribe and family a woman came from, they also represented how high up in society the woman was by the marks and how many she had.
shame no one has written a book about the meaning of the marks and the areas they came from to safe guarde for learning the history.

i have women in my family who all have the same mark on their right upper arm, saying the village they are from, but many do not know what the other marks mean.

Aha okey, i've some relatives that has tattoos between the eyebrows and on their chins. My mother has one too but on her left wrist

♥JaNNaH♥

♥JaNNaH♥

Honorary Algerian

• Moderators
  • 5,092 posts

Current mood:
keep getting hypnotised by moonwalking Jackson lol

It's amazing there are still people with this today because one day it'll just be a memory shown in photos.

Many tribal people all over the world have used some form of skin marking to identify where they cam from, who they belong to, whether through tattoo, burning, cutting...
Truly, to Allaah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return

Posted Image