• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,650 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor
salam everyone and welcome to our new forums :D

As you may have noticed, there are many changes which took place in the past few weeks when we moved to our new home. Most of the changes are great and most are not so great, depending on your taste :P

In this tour, I'll be going over just a few of the options you'll have using this forum which you might not have noticed. I'll keep updating it and hopefully cover most of the forum eventually smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Visibility:
There is the option which members have which allows them to be "invisible" and so no one would know whether they're online or not. This can be achieved by clicking on the link located under your user menu... if you hover over the link you'll see your current visibility status.

Attached File  new1.PNG   12.35KB   6 downloads

2. Status:
I am sure most of you know about this one, it's just like MSN lol .... but just in case you don't, there is one in the user drop-menu and also at the right side of the forum at the very top of recent status updates

Attached File  new2.PNG   4.11KB   6 downloads

3. Attachments:
A great thing about this new forum is the attachment system.. we're able to upload several files and monitor the progress... also, it gives u the option to also add what you attached anywhere in ur post. Most members will have the basic attachment option shown below

Attached File  new4.PNG   9.69KB   9 downloads

so to switch the better and multi-file system just click on the link which says

Try  our advanced uploader which supports multiple file uploading (modern browser  required)

and it will take you to the settings menu where you can change the option as shown below

Attached File  new5.PNG   5.36KB   10 downloads

make sure to tick both options, because the first one will make writing posts very easy and the 2nd will allow you to use the cool attachment system which would look like this

Attached File  new6.PNG   13.85KB   8 downloads

so you click to attach the file... the file uploads and it will list it for you and you can click on Add to Post and it will add it anywhere you choose.. so if it's a picture u can have it shown anywhere in the post

4. Member info Cards
A cool new feature is the member info cards... if you wanted to take a quick look at who the member is and their info all you have to do is look for the small green arrow beside their name and click it

Attached File  new7.PNG   50KB   9 downloads

5. View Last Post
For those who have joined use recently, this small button allows you to go to the last post in the topic without having to go through all the pages in the topic

Attached File  new8.PNG   3.62KB   7 downloads

6. Reputation / Thanks button
This is our new thank you system which we got with our new forums. Basically, instead of having to reply with a short thank you for the post or topic, you press on the + button on the bottom right and the member would get that added to their Reputation total.

Attached File  new9.PNG   4.34KB   7 downloads

currently we have setup a limit of 10 points per day per member. So each member can only give out 10 points per 24 hours (please remember it's forum time NOT your time)

The Reputation levels are:
Neutral 0 - 10 points
Good 11 - 50 points
Very Good 51 - 100 points
Excellent 101 - 500 points
mashallah 501 - 1000 points
Perfect 1001 points and greater

7. Media Button
The new Media button is very easy to use and very smart... all you do is click on it and paste the whole url for the video and it will show it... currently it supports swf Flash, Flickr image sets, Google Videos, Myspace Videos and Youtube Videos... more will be added gradually.

Attached File  new10.PNG   2.57KB   5 downloads

8. Report System
If you run into a post which you either find offensive or vulgar in any way, please report it. We have a quick and easy system setup for you, so please use it efficiently. At the bottom of each post there is a Report Button which when clicked will bring up a page where you put in the comment to why you're reporting this post

Attached File  report.PNG   3.19KB   8 downloads

9. Topic Bump
This option allows members to "bump" a topic to the top of the forum without having to actually reply to it.. if you for example wrote something or requested something before and noone replied to you for days.. all u have to do is click on the bump button and it will make the topic go up the forum and mark it as unread for all the members so they can see it.

Attached File  bump.PNG   3.92KB   10 downloads

10. Forum Rules
Please go to the forum rules and take a quick glance at them as we've altered and changed a few things on there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

These are the new changes which I can think of right now... as I said, I'll be updating this topic as we go and hopefully cover most of the forum. smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • Rima, Fares , Ozzy and 4 others like this

WgxUpZ6.png

Fares

Fares
  • Members
  • 296 posts

Current mood: Breezy
Thank you very much brother Beebo
The forum looks excellent and the features are remarkable!

Have me a match on fifa :D

touta

touta
  • Girls
  • 842 posts

Current mood: Depressed
i looove the topic bump feature thanks for the great work beebo ;)

salam
:lol: laughing is good but not all the time ;)

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

The Beauty and The Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Current mood: Cheerful
thank u so much beebo I get it so much better now :D

and I always wondered wut does the ''Bump'' mean .. good to kno :D
What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, insepa­rable from me. For me, prison is a place of (religious) retreat; ex­ecution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel ......

Posted Image

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor
beebo good job. Ya3tik Saha. It's another milestone I suppose. So when do we start drafting the invite email to our old members. Ideas from your post above are excellent and good paparazzi. lol
There are people with experience and people with opinions. Listen to one, smile at the other.
Posted Image

doudou

doudou
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Current mood:
yeah nice changes on the forum.. and i think that it will have more members now... now i m having a good time .. thanx for ur efforts
live you day as it is the last day..

abdelhak

abdelhak
  • Members
  • 160 posts

Current mood:
doing a great job mashallah, keep it up

FM94

FM94
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Current mood: Creative
Great Forum & Great new features, Congrats smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

.: CreaTiVity StarTs wiTh a BelieF :.

Lori Colson

Lori Colson
  • Girls
  • 135 posts

Current mood:

Words betray me.What can I say? Thank you seems to be too little in front of your efforts Mr.Beebo.
May Allah reward you for the titanic efforts you are miking to satisfy us as well as better our EDZ.

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,650 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor
Just wanted to let everyone know that Our old Chat is back finally :thumbup:

you can find it under the e-dz extras menus... and yes girls you have your own room with a password protection on it. (password will be posted on a special forum for you all to see)

Hayamoto

Hayamoto
  • Members
  • 242 posts

Current mood: Cold
You have done a great job , thank you so much :D

モハメド

Posted Image

Amina

Amina
  • Girls
  • 1,356 posts

Current mood: Tired

Beebo , you did really a great job here !! wellah mashallah , I'm just now discovering the reply window without any code ...hala :thumbup: thanks alot .. even the other features are amazing ..good luck with next !