• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Apocalypse

Apocalypse

revolution

• Darja Gurus
  • 1,698 posts

Current mood: Procrastinating
Hello, I have to write a paper about this book, I just can't find it anywhere, it is about nationalism, FLN, and the dark period of the nineties Algeria went through, but I can't understand it well, I got a short exerpt from the book, I found some short articles about the author and only one article about the book on the net, so plz can anyone help me by telling me where I can find it or its analysis on the net, and is it with or against FLN I just can't decide, the book is too complicated, Anyway, anything you know about the book,

Thanks

bentAljazair

bentAljazair
  • Girls
  • 989 posts

Current mood:

Hello, I have to write a paper about this book, I just can't find it anywhere, it is about nationalism, FLN, and the dark period of the nineties Algeria went through, but I can't understand it well, I got a short exerpt from the book, I found some short articles about the author and only one article about the book on the net, so plz can anyone help me by telling me where I can find it or its analysis on the net, and is it with or against FLN I just can't decide, the book is too complicated, Anyway, anything you know about the book,

Thanks

Ok listen ya Meriem
You have to write a paper on a book that you have not read because you can't find it in Tunisia.
Question: Why don't you chose another book available in Tunisia?:huh:

Such books should be read carefully and even "cross referenced" with other books on the same topic to be able to judge and provide a good review or critic of the book. You would also need to read about the life of Harbi himself to understand his political side on this issue. Your paper should be your contribution to knowledge in this topic.

Sorry but as long as you have not read the book you cannot produce anything about it, unless you would copy analysis you would find on the net or forums, but then it would be called palgiarism Posted Image :naughty: ... you are not that kind of student right :no2:
  • Ithri likes this
NEVER FORGET GAZA - NEVER FORGIVE ZIONISTS - BOYCOTT ISRAEL

Apocalypse

Apocalypse

revolution

• Darja Gurus
  • 1,698 posts

thx sister, but right now you can say i'm dead, i have one week only, i have been looking for the book everywhere and i couldn't find it, I thought i had three more weeks, as i'm going to algeria this holidays, i planned to buy the book in algeria and work on it in holidays then make my presentation in january, and here's my teacher who was threatening me and saying i would get a big ZERO if I don't get it done by next week, which means next friday, If I have the right to change the topic? it will be as if I'm makin my request for a place within the same class next year, i.e: a second big and large ZERO, anyways, most of the books in the list were algerian books and not available in Tunisia, the rest is a set of tunisian movies but as I said before, TOO LATE NOW to change the topic, thx anyway

by the way, all the students work with plagiarism, it has become impossible to avoid today, even teachers advise us to use internet data, then write an essay and post it on a website called plagiarism sth to see to which extent the work looks like a web retrieved document,,

As for Mohamed Harbi's biography I studied it very well, right now I only need to know if he is with or against FLN,

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor

by the way, all the students work with plagiarism, it has become impossible to avoid today, even teachers advise us to use internet data, then write an essay and post it on a website called plagiarism sth to see to which extent the work looks like a web retrieved document,,

As for Mohamed Harbi's biography I studied it very well, right now I only need to know if he is with or against FLN,

ya that's what we do in our universities here too.... as long as you quote and paraphrase and then list your source under your references section it shouldn't be an issue though. Good luck sis

WgxUpZ6.png

Ithri

Ithri

Mnarvi-DZ

• Members
  • 1,191 posts

Current mood:
Gotta say I agree with BentAljazair here.

Beebo, I don't think what you said is the right thing all the time. It depends on the situation. Here I felt meriem18 was asked to analyse a book. This means reading it and building her own opinion about it, and she could of course use other sources to clarify and argument her opinion. It is even advisable. But doing this task without even reading the book would be just useless...
I know everybody everywhere does it nowadays, not only in the academic world but also in the professional one. It's such a disappointment. That's what creates mediocrity and what brought this new generation who's apathetic, who just follows the flow and is unable to think on its own.

As to meriem18's question, you are talking about a historian. How could you expect him to have a sharp opinion, with or against the FLN? I am sorry but this question is just non relevant.

Good luck.
Un homme se leva et demanda permission d'appeler les fidèles à la prière.
Permission lui fût donnée:
- Vous pouvez les appeler, tant que vous les appelez à Dieu et non à vous-même.
- Mais comment saurais-je la différence?
- Si ça vous dérange que quelqu'un d'autre les appelle à Dieu, c'est que vous les appelez à vous-même.

Apocalypse

Apocalypse

revolution

• Darja Gurus
  • 1,698 posts

he is a historian and one of the founders of FLN, he was also jailed because of some of his political ideas but the way he talks about FLN makes me feel like he is against it at times and with at other times (from the exerpts I read)

the books is written in french and i study english, I don't see how it can improve my english capacities, I'm supposed to analyse his thoughts, even the section is called THOUGHTS, I told the Ter I couldn't find the book neither its analysis she said search very well on the net, Im not the kinda student to steal other ppl's work and I know how to quote,

I have four days to finish this presentation, in short, I'm dead,

since Im algerian I think I can talk about nationalism using his online interviews, talk about Algeria's dark period and I don't think I need a reference to that, I just needed some help from someone who maybe read the book, thx anyway, I'll manage!

Ps: I usually read my books and make my own analysis

Apocalypse

Apocalypse

revolution

• Darja Gurus
  • 1,698 posts

L’expérience militante : Harbi a participé à l’action du PPA-MTLD, exercé d’importantes responsabilités dans le F.L.N., pendant la guerre et dans les premières années du nouveau régime. Mais il a su refuser compromis et carrière dorée, ce qui lui a valu la prison, l’exil, la marginalisation. Situation pénible mais favorable à la pensée critique : historien, sociologue, politologue, M. Harbi s’est plié aux exigences des méthodes d’analyse les plus sérieuses pour comprendre l’échec du mouvement auquel il avait participé. L’alliance de l’engagement et de la recherche lui a permis d’éclairer d’un jour nouveau l’histoire de la révolution algérienne, et, par delà, la sociologie générale des révolutions

My link

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor
Hi Meriem.
Ok I found 3 videos which might be useful nshallah in your presentation. There is also this website I found.

Mohamed Harbi

Videos:

download them here Meriem.

http://www.4shared.c..._sale_hist.html
http://www.4shared.c...s_de_guerr.html
http://www.4shared.c...erre_dAlgr.html

Use VLC player to play the videos.

Fatony
  • Apocalypse likes this
There are people with experience and people with opinions. Listen to one, smile at the other.
Posted Image

Apocalypse

Apocalypse

revolution

• Darja Gurus
  • 1,698 posts

thank you very much brother, yaatik essahha!

Apocalypse

Apocalypse

revolution

• Darja Gurus
  • 1,698 posts

Hey!! I made My presentation yesterday, I decoded the mystery and I got the message and delivered it to the class and they really liked it!!! I had a passage from the book I worked on it very hard and I achieved the core!!! I'm happy because it was a big success in class, so I just wanted to let you know, ppl in the class are still talkin about it, hehe,

aya bye, thx for everybody's help, or rather for fatony's help!

salam!