- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

abdel

abdel
  • Members
  • 748 posts

Current mood: Sleepy
well @WF i do agree with you in many points but don't be harsh on it, the story is predictable and the movie was too long.
but the Graphics really worth going to the cinema and paying the money to watch it. (although you will look silly wearing the glasses lol :P)
besides the idea of the movie is completely new, i think that's why everyone is excited about it...and again "it worth it!"
if you go check the youtube videos while they were making the movie and how the actors were doing all the scenes by themselves not like any other 3D movie, with sensors on their body...........ext.
nobody would expect the story to be great, this is not a drama movie or love story...............
it's not bad though (the story).

O刀乇 イ₩O イけ尺乇乇 √ノ√ム し'ムしE乇尺ノ乇

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

The Beauty and The Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Current mood: Cheerful

well @WF i do agree with you in many points but don't be harsh on it, the story is predictable and the movie was too long.
but the Graphics really worth going to the cinema and paying the money to watch it. (although you will look silly wearing the glasses lol :P)
besides the idea of the movie is completely new, i think that's why everyone is excited about it...and again "it worth it!"
if you go check the youtube videos while they were making the movie and how the actors were doing all the scenes by themselves not like any other 3D movie, with sensors on their body...........ext.
nobody would expect the story to be great, this is not a drama movie or love story...............
it's not bad though (the story).

am not even being harsh   lol , yes see even u say its predictable I mean come on it was the same old story that we see over and over again the whole '' he was supposed to get close to them to get info so that his ppl can use again them but then oops he fell in love with one of them and now he cant hurt them anymore but then uh-oh she found out and she doesnt trust him soooooo he has to prove that he's really sorry and that he's not the same man he was when it all started and then he joins the ''girl'' and her ppl against his ppl to do the right thing and follow his heart '' lol we saw that sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many times b4 XD lol 

and when she was telling him abt her grandfather lol it was too obvious that he was gonna go and do the same thing lol it was really too easy to know wut was gonna happen next like even b4 the war it was obvious that her dad was gonna die and also that other guy who was supposed to become leader they both had to die at some point so that he can become their leader lol so yeah the story was very predictabel smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':S' />

hahahahaahahaha @ look silly in glasses , I wore 3D glasses b4 and they looked good :P 

and yeah I saw that on TV @ making the movie vidoes  lol 

Fine, stick to your Peter Pan for an imagination. I am a guy who appreciates graphics pushed to the limit. Avatar delivers that, and put the story well. It's certainly the most colourful film I've seen to date... you'll probably argue about this point too and say Shrek was.

p.s. avatar has just taken position number 1 in the world of all times best movie. Now few millions more than the Titanic.

hahahahaha I dnt even like Peter Pan lol yeah I know that it had good special effects which is why I gave it 6/10 :D 

ur the one who loves Shrek not me lol 

Titanic is a great movie! 
What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, insepa­rable from me. For me, prison is a place of (religious) retreat; ex­ecution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel ......

Posted Image

Meera

Meera
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Current mood:
I hated this movie, it was way over rated. It was basicaully Pochantas in Space with 3D. Im in the miniority but I really was expecting so much more from this movie and I couldn't believe how horrible it was :(

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor
but meera, dont judge the movie just by the storyline. see the effort it took to make that kind of quality graphics and sound. It takes a lot of time, patience, creativity to bring out something like that.
There are people with experience and people with opinions. Listen to one, smile at the other.
Posted Image

Apocalypse

Apocalypse

revolution

• Darja Gurus
  • 1,698 posts

Current mood: Procrastinating
I finally watched the movie about 5 days ago, and I LOOOOVE IT,

I really liked the graphs and sound, like most people said, what I also liked is the idea, the way these people fought for their land and how the soldier sided them though he was a Marine, it can stand for many other stories in the world, as well the Americans for once showed the negative side of colonization and did not show themselves as heroes bringing civilization as usual, for once what the US is doing in the world since Vietnam was correctly portrayed. As a matter of fact it seems like the movie was an re-enactment of the Vietnam war.

Anyway, I didn't appreciate that the Avatars had an Indian and Black appearance, though they were blue, they were aliens but they had many attitudes we find within black tribes and Indian tribes, like their dressing, their hair, their rituals, that on the other hand, is somehow racist, these people are supposed to be from another planet, how come they have African rituals?

It has become the model of the marginalized and the uncivilized.