12 replies to this topic

bentAljazair

bentAljazair
  • Girls
  • 989 posts

Current mood:
salam

Posted Image
Apparently it is official since it appeared in diffrent newspapers. Here I feel very concerned by this decision since I am an Algerian women and it is directly related to my very very private life ... my veil.
Lately, Algeria moved to issuing bimetric ID and passport documents following internaitional standards. This new decision has led to a controversy about wether the veil "khimar" or head scarf should be removed for the biometric photo or not. and according to the Minister of interior home affairs "... the veil should be taken off in consistence with international regulations which require that the person's forehead and the ears should be visible on the photograph."
read the article here

oh really ! what international standards is Zerhouni talking about? Muslim women are not asked to take off their scarff in their passport photos in countries such as Germany, UK or Canada why should Algerian woman do it?
here is a guide for a biometric photos ...the veil is acceptable for religious reasons.

What annoys me is that this interpretation of the biometric photo requirement is exactly the same done by french embasy here in Algeria where all visa application of women with photos with scarf are rejected, while with the same photo visa application are accepted in embassies of Germany or UK.

Zerhouni should learn that Algeria is independant from France since 1962!!!!

This is unacceptable !!!this decision should be changed as soon as possible ...NO WAY!!!Posted Image

• Beebo, writersfreedom and abdel like this
NEVER FORGET GAZA - NEVER FORGIVE ZIONISTS - BOYCOTT ISRAEL

abdel

abdel
  • Members
  • 748 posts

Current mood: Sleepy
i am totally with you sister.
although this doesn't concern me directly, but i have sisters and i don't accept that they should remove their hijab so that the country can catch the train of modern .....taking off hijab isn't the way to modernization, the problem is in our minds.
as they say "franca mshat wkhalat wlad'ha" this generation of fake "mujaheddin" should be changed so that we can step up.

thank you bentaljazair.

O刀乇 イ₩O イけ尺乇乇 √ノ√ム し'ムしE乇尺ノ乇

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor
As always khti bentaljazair beat me to the topic smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

It's very sad to see that now we're slowly selling our souls and dignity to the western ideologies and culture. Not only that, but like bentaljazair said, even the western world is not adapting to this ridiculous "standard" and respecting people's religious values so why are we not??? do we not have respect for ourselves?

What's more bizarre is that the president of the Islamic Council said that this is the Law and it should be obeyed.... yer7em babakum if he says something like that regarding an Islamic related issue which targets a very crucial part of the Islamic code, how can we guarantee that the corrupt people out there won't use this to their advantage to lure the Muslim youth to go against the regime and creating another spell of unwanted terrorism.

WgxUpZ6.png

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

The Beauty and The Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Current mood: Cheerful
Our Hijab is part of who we are as Muslim women , no one has the right to ask us to take it off no matter wut.

We're supposed to be a Muslim country XD 

What's more bizarre is that the president of the Islamic Council said that this is the Law and it should be obeyed             

La 7awlla walla qouqatta Illa billah he's supposed to say that the Laws of Allah (swt) come b4 the ones made my man not the other way around XD

If they said take Niqab off I would understand but with Hijab u can still see the face so where's the problem???

Plus if we take a pic without our Hijab then are they gonna ask us to take it off as well when we show it to them to make sure it really is us without it ?! XD

It makes no sense!

What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, insepa­rable from me. For me, prison is a place of (religious) retreat; ex­ecution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel ......

Posted Image

Omeymaa

Omeymaa

Have faith...

• Girls
  • 1,330 posts

Current mood: Creative
Ywedi wizaret esho2oun ''eddeeniya'' hadi battatta wAllah, the women they employ there don't even wear hijab, instead, they go around in mini-skirts !! (Person who told me is a trusted source).

Deja the name Zerhouni wahad mayerta7lou.

I was watching the Algerian news yesterday, and he was like 'If you have a long beard you should shave it off, we are only worried about you, so that when the 'machine' sees you (and you have no beard) it won't stop you'

Does this guy even know how this technology works ???

oh really ! what international standards is Zerhouni talking about? Muslim women are not asked to take off their scarff in their passport photos in countries such as Germany, UK or Canada why should Algerian woman do it

yer7am hadak elfoum ya bentAljazair

Done is better than perfect.

abdel

abdel
  • Members
  • 748 posts

Current mood: Sleepy
well we have the worst minster of "Islamic Affairs"
it's enough to see him talking to realize that he is stupid with all the respect to Islam he doesn't represent Islam in Algeria or anywhere.

watch this video and compare the questions he has been asked and the answers he gives "la 3alaka..."
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVnpA-tbzk4"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=fVnpA-tbzk4[/url]

la 7awla walla koutta illa be Allah.

bentAljazair

bentAljazair
  • Girls
  • 989 posts

Current mood:
salam

I, finally found "THE international standards" of Zerhouni ...the following photos guidelines from the ICAO document (ICAO document N 9303 volume 1 Part 1)

In the last page of the document in Appendix 11 of the section IV (Illustrative guidelines for portraits) you have a list of portraits and you can read about head coverings: (Please read it and spread this info around you, copy the link in blogs and forums)

Posted Image

"Head coverings shall not be accepted except in circumstances which the competent State authority specifically approves. Such circumstances may be religious, medical or cultural.

You see, our competent authority (Minsitry of Interior) has the ability to approve religious circumstances and accept head scarves in biometric photos.
These circumstances (religious and medical) are approved in countries like UK or Canada , but not in our country. Such a shame !!!!
Posted Image

This is simply unacceptable !!!

Oh yes there is no indication about showing ears either... and nothing about beards...Posted Image From where did they bring their international standards???

Oh it is not just the photos please download the forms for DZ ID and Passport here Posted Image Posted ImageWelcome in BigBrother Algeria
  • Omeymaa likes this

Omeymaa

Omeymaa

Have faith...

• Girls
  • 1,330 posts

Current mood: Creative
... So hijab is allowed in UK and so on but not Algeria ? Which is a muslim country smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':S' /> because Algeria didn't approve ?? More like Zerhouni didn't approve ?

I've read the form you have to fill in for the passport, they ask for your hair colour, and your original nationality...

EZ DZ

EZ DZ
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Current mood: Balanced
so what is the problem you could still were a hijab while showing your forehead and ears. :D

Sosso

Sosso
  • Girls
  • 256 posts

Current mood: Pensive
Since when is "hair" a biometric mesure??????
I shave my hair...there you go! Youre screwed you can't recognize me anymore....-_-
  • ♥JaNNaH♥ likes this
Posted Image

♥JaNNaH♥

♥JaNNaH♥

Honorary Algerian

• Moderators
  • 5,092 posts

Current mood:
Horrified!!!
Truly, to Allaah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return

Posted Image

bounedjar

bounedjar
  • Girls
  • 9 posts

Current mood: Chatty
i live in america where it is "normal" to see women walking on the street (not beach) in nothing more than a bikini, and we dont have to take of our hijabs for passport/immigration photos. i cant believe algeria would support such a thing. would you then have to remove the hijab in the airport line to show your hair? this is wrong. i hope someone comes to their senses on this.

♥JaNNaH♥

♥JaNNaH♥

Honorary Algerian

• Moderators
  • 5,092 posts

Current mood:
Actually just been told by someone that ministers backed down due to the amount of protest! alhamdulilah.
We are supposed to cover our ears btw