• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

The Beauty and The Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Current mood: Cheerful
 I was talking to one of my cousins who told me about her trip to Costa Rica This weekend Insha'Allah and then we talked about the cities she's going to visit while there and of course San José came up but then we ended up arguing about The pronunciation of the word lol 

I said 'San Ho-zay'  but she said its Pronounced 'San Djoze' 

People from different countries don't Pronounce it the same yes I know, for example in Japan they say  "san noze." 

But which one is right? lol

For the record 'San Jose'  is the Spanish version of Saint Joseph. 

In Spanish "H" is silent, "J" sounds like "H"  which is why I think my version is right , but I could be wrong so I wanted to check :D

So How do you  Pronounce it ? 

What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, insepa­rable from me. For me, prison is a place of (religious) retreat; ex­ecution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel ......

Posted Image

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor
San Khosé
  • writersfreedom likes this
There are people with experience and people with opinions. Listen to one, smile at the other.
Posted Image

abdel

abdel
  • Members
  • 748 posts

Current mood: Sleepy
i had almost the same debate with one of my friends, but we ended up with a conclusion which am not sure of.
i think even in Spanish they don't pronounce it the same:
for example in Spain they pronounce it "Khose like in Arabic, but Latinos don't pronounce the kh they pronounce it a hoze or something similar to that {haza w Allaho a3lam}
  • writersfreedom likes this

O刀乇 イ₩O イけ尺乇乇 √ノ√ム し'ムしE乇尺ノ乇

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Thanks for the help u guys ^_^

And I guess everyone is just goin to have to agree to disagree on how to pronounce this word lol 

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor
Why u want to learn to say it anyway WF. You're not the one going.

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Lol Fato okay that makes no sense it's like ur saying dnt learn English unless u move to an English speaking country and same for any other lang lol :P

and well to answer your Question for 2 reasons lol :

1- I don't like to be wrong which is why I'm always right Hamdulillah :P lol 

2-She arrived  yesterday and already is talking abt beautiful it is and making plans so I would go with her next summer Insha'Allah even though I have other plans  lol  (And I knew she was gonna do that cuz everytime she goes somewhere she wants me to go with her next time lol , which how am gonna go skydiving next summer Insha'Allah  :D )