• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Emma

Emma
  • Girls
  • 7 posts

Current mood:
Assalaamu alaikum all,

I just wanted to mention a charitable project called 'Algerian Action' which I run.
As I mentioned in my intro I am not Algerian but my husband is. I have visited several times and always love it but, I am always struck by the poverty that is experienced by the people there. Obviously not everyone is poor but those that are live in conditions completely unheard of in the UK. Anyway, three years ago when I went on maternity leave I decided that I wanted to do something to help those in need. I wanted to help in the most basic way by providing essentials such as food, toiletries and clothing and if possible toys for the children. 'Algerian Action' was born. Since that time things have developed and now thousands of items are being donated which means lots and lots of families are being helped.alhamdulilah.
To avoid items being stolen items are only ever given directly to the family or individual and never through an organisation or agency. Parcels of donations are sent from the UK on a monthly basis and the items are then distributed to the allocated families. Due to logistics we are currently only able to help people living in Algiers but insha'Allah in the future we will be able to assist in other areas too.

Would you like to help?
If you know of a family who needs help please do get in touch with their details and requirements. If you live in Algiers and would like to distribute items please let me know .Or if you would like to make a donation that would be great! Also if you have got any ideas or comments I'd love to hear them.

More information about the project can be found at http://www.algerianaction.co.uk

Thank you for reading, Emma
  • Beebo, Amina, Apocalypse and 3 others like this

abdel

abdel
  • Members
  • 748 posts

Current mood: Sleepy
May allah bless you.

good luck with your project.

O刀乇 イ₩O イけ尺乇乇 √ノ√ム し'ムしE乇尺ノ乇

demi

demi
  • Moderators
  • 1,385 posts

Current mood:
Mashaallah on your project sister !!
May Allah help you and reward you with the best for your effort to help the poor people in Algeria.

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor
It sounds great, we're all very grateful for the work that you do and we'll be more than happy to assist you whenever possible. Keep up the great work inshallah smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

WgxUpZ6.png

Ozzy

Ozzy

Think different 

• Moderators
  • 1,550 posts

Current mood: Inspired
Masha'Allah this is a very honourable cause, may Allah (swt) aid you in achieving your goal(s) Insha'Allah.
Whereabouts are you based in London? We just found some clothes in some suitcases the other day but gave them to the local charity shops, but next time I would prefer to give them to your cause. You do accept second hand clothes, right? (Sorry I just want to make sure)

Amina

Amina
  • Girls
  • 1,356 posts

Current mood: Tired
woow mashallah , sooo nice , and so great.
Now I think :think: , we can add links of DZ assistance programs and humanitarian associations to the SITE ! what do you think ?

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor

woow mashallah , sooo nice , and so great.
Now I think :think: , we can add links of DZ assistance programs and humanitarian associations to the SITE ! what do you think ?

That's a really good idea Amina... we can have a section on the website for that.. we have two organizations already.. so it's a good start smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />.. I do hope that eventually we'll be able to have our own organization too

Amina

Amina
  • Girls
  • 1,356 posts

Current mood: Tired

I do hope that eventually we'll be able to have our own organization too

inshallah smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Emma

Emma
  • Girls
  • 7 posts

Current mood:
Thank you all for your encouragement!
- Ozzy, I'm in East London and yes second hand clothes are very, very welcome providing that they are clean and in good repair. I only ever send things that I would be comfortable giving to my own family to wear, just out of respect to the families that receive the donations.

Also,I just wanted to let you all know of a fundraising event taking place on may 31st. If any of you are into crafts and making things then please come along. Or if you want to help out then volunteers ARE needed!
[IMG]http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx252/ummkhualah/craftfairadvert.jpg[/IMG]

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor
Sorry it doesnt state which city. I am assuming its London.
There are people with experience and people with opinions. Listen to one, smile at the other.
Posted Image

Emma

Emma
  • Girls
  • 7 posts

Current mood:
Oh yes, I should have said- It is in london.

yhamada

yhamada
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Current mood: Relaxed
Jazakallahu Khairun Emma for all your doing!