• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

The Beauty and The Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Current mood: Cheerful
You're a creative person. We all are. But, how many of us have heard from someone that we have an over active mind and we come up with too many ideas? An over active mind can be both positive and negative.... This Article I read explores both side.

''As a creative community, we want to believe that there are positive aspects of the creative minds we have but rarely do we look at the downside of it (or maybe we're just too busy thinking of creative ideas that we don't notice the down side?). So instead of just discussing the benefits of an over active creative mind (which I do below), I want to also discuss the drawbacks of the over thinking that we tend to do.

Benefits of an over active creative mind

You have an endless stream of ideas and projects

If you've got an over active mind you're sure to know what we mean by 1,000,000's of ideas in the pipeline. This is definitely beneficial if you're trying to brainstorm new website ideas, post new topics to keep your forum active ,business ideas or marketing ideas.

You can become a leader in your field by sharing your 'spare ideas' with others

Going from the first benefit to this one isn't that far of a stretch – you've got so many ideas, why not share some of them?
How can this benefit you? Easy. Share your ideas and become the expert for those topics and whenever anyone is looking for advice or help with something in your niche, you will be the first person on their mind. This could be writing tutorials, giving away icon sets, talking about website ideas, and so on. You're creative, let the world know!

You see things in a different light than most people do

Seeing things in a different light than most people can definitely help you out in the long run. By being able to notice little aspects of life that your friends and family don't notice, you can figure out problems quicker, find solutions to an issue that might going on in you life and then there's the times you notice how the kerning on a sign above your favorite store is just slightly off (don't lie, we've all done it).

The same thing is true for when you're building websites, designing logos or working on any other creative project – you can see holes in a style and fill it with your own creativity.

Drawbacks of an over active creative mind

Your mind becomes cluttered with too much stuff

Yes, having a lot of ideas is good for your creative mind, but what happens when you have so many things floating around in your head, you just can't seem to focus on the task at hand? What do you do then? Your brain will function just like your office – if you've got a minimalist office and it's free of clutter, you'll feel more relaxed and more productive and the same goes for your brain. So treat yourself to some time away from your creative mind and tidy up your thoughts – you'll be thankful in the long run. You can do this by putting together a to do list of items you have to get done for clients, or items that you must get done around the house – anything that will give you some structure.

You start a lot of projects and don't finish many if them!

How many of you have 3 or more projects 'in the pipeline'? Raise your hands (for real, raise your hand!) I knew there would be a lot of you because this is one of the main things that haunt us as a creative community – too many ideas and not enough time to complete them all. I can't tell you how many times I've started something, or did weeks of planning for a project only to stop halfway and jump into something else. I blame CADD (Creative Attention Deficit Disorder)

You can lack the focus needed to get work done

I know this down side all to well, unfortunately. Let me paint a picture for you – you're knee deep in a project, 1-2 weeks into the work and then you get this brilliant idea for a new one that you just have to work on. Instead of working around the first one, you actually lose focus , stop feeling productive and creative and can only seem to focus on the new one. Sound familiar?''

What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, insepa­rable from me. For me, prison is a place of (religious) retreat; ex­ecution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel ......

Posted Image