Change
Photo

New features coming soon

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Poll: New features coming soon (6 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think of the upcoming changes?

1. Awesome!!! (6 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. Meh, doesn't make a difference to me (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Don't like them (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Current mood: Busy Contributor
salam E-DZers,

as it's always been the case with E-DZ, we always try to make our forums the best possible for our members. Having said that, soon we'll be adding some awesome new features to the forum which, I'm sure, will get everyone excited.

• Minimizing the side panels

Attached File  minimize.png   2.05KB   13 downloads

You'll be able to minimize any side panel, which you don't use, on the home page of the forums.
  • Adding Comments to Statuses (like facebook)

Attached File  comment.png   12.53KB   13 downloads
    Attached File  comment2.png   13.18KB   14 downloads

Every status message will have a comments' section underneath it which will allow you to comment on it without having to change your own status to comment on others' like we're doing now :P
  • Preview a topic

Posted Image
    With this option, members can preview the topic content without having to click on it.
  • Reputation or Thanks View

Attached File  reputation.png   8.98KB   12 downloads

You'll be able to see who thanked you for your posts ;)
  • Easy Login and sign up

Attached File  login.png   38.98KB   10 downloads

New members can now login using their facebook or twitter accounts without having to go through the registration method (more members hopefully will join)
  • Facebook Connect

Attached File  facebook.png   137.46KB   11 downloads

Members can link their facebook account with their forum one, this way their status can be updated through facebook or vice versa.
  • Share Topics with social networks much quickly and easily

Attached File  share.png   20.22KB   11 downloads
  • Customize your profile with any background

Posted Image
All this and much more is coming very soon inshallah. Hope you all will like it.

Any feedback will be very appreciated smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • Amina, writersfreedom, Lilia and 2 others like this

WgxUpZ6.png

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor
 nice one beebo./ keep it up bro.. i am with anything that improves the forum and its speed/access.  
There are people with experience and people with opinions. Listen to one, smile at the other.
Posted Image

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

The Beauty and The Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Current mood: Cheerful
:jazaak:  

Oh they look AWESOME!!!  :clap:

I honestly can't wait!!!   :thumbup:

Great Job Beebo    :rockon:

What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, insepa­rable from me. For me, prison is a place of (religious) retreat; ex­ecution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel ......

Posted Image

Amina

Amina
  • Girls
  • 1,356 posts

Current mood: Tired
oh beebo khoya , ye3ni makfash facebook you added these features here :P (joking)

mashallah , it's really awesome ... we see the site getting better and better !!! a real platform :clap: :clap: :clap:

now after that , I really think we need a new wave of advertising !! we need to bring more and more people around .. think about it !

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

I really think we need a new wave of advertising !! we need to bring more and more people around .. think about it !

Well to be honest khti, I've been begging pple to use the suggestion forums and to also try and get involved and give me some ideas, but as you can see nothing.

I'm just one guy, I need help so I'm always open to ideas.... I just need to hear them smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Omeymaa

Omeymaa

Have faith...

• Girls
  • 1,330 posts

Current mood: Creative
salam

It looks superb, really user-friendly :D Jazaka Allahou kahiran ya Beebo smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

The advertising bit is easy..just get people to put a link to e-dz on their emails or something..unless you want something really big..
But we want members that actually contribute to e-dz and not just sign up and get welcome and head for the 'sign out' and never turn up again :D

Done is better than perfect.

Amina

Amina
  • Girls
  • 1,356 posts

Current mood: Tired

Well to be honest khti, I've been begging pple to use the suggestion forums and to also try and get involved and give me some ideas, but as you can see nothing.

I'm just one guy, I need help so I'm always open to ideas.... I just need to hear them smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

wellah ya beebo it looks already awesome mashallah ... all what have been doing till now is great !! I just find the site is not very known comparing to all what it contains .

I already suggested you to make a video :P

Then , try to add 'About us' to the site ... we had it before in previous versions ... there was a text about how it started and how it evaluated ..

ok, let's see the new features first smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> and then we'll think more about adverts ...

Good luck admin ... thanks again.

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

salam

It looks superb, really user-friendly :D Jazaka Allahou kahiran ya Beebo smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

The advertising bit is easy..just get people to put a link to e-dz on their emails or something..unless you want something really big..
But we want members that actually contribute to e-dz and not just sign up and get welcome and head for the 'sign out' and never turn up again :D

Great suggestion and I totally agree with you on the email, we have made a special topic regarding that Support E-DZ where we created pictures and signatures for everyone to use in their emails to post on facebook and stuff.

We need quality and not quantity and that's always been the case for us alhamdulilah.

I already suggest you to make a video :P

Then , try to add 'About us' to the site ... we had it before in previous versions ... there was a text about how it started and how it evaluated ..

See I totally forgot about that wallah, thanks for reminding me about both the video and about us section. inshallah I'll make sure both are done perfectly and make sure we send the video out to everyone smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

abdel

abdel
  • Members
  • 748 posts

Current mood: Sleepy
Great work bro!
Best Admin ever!

thank you very much.

O刀乇 イ₩O イけ尺乇乇 √ノ√ム し'ムしE乇尺ノ乇

Lilia

Lilia

Lilia

• Super Moderators
  • 1,507 posts

Current mood: Cloud 9 Contributor
Mmmm more spices to E-DZ cooool

Posted ImageRabi y9adrak Posted Image
I was just going to suggest to put a promotional video on Youtube to attract more people
those signatures are awesome but i can't see how use them in emails :huh:
  • Amina likes this
Posted Image

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

I already suggested you to make a video :P

Currently working on it. Want to make sure we make something amazing and high quality inshallah as it is always the case with E-DZ smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Done!!

Thanks again sis, like I said the suggestion forum is always waiting. I just need fresh ideas and inshallah I'll do my best to implement them smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • Amina likes this

M3akYalKhathra

M3akYalKhathra
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Current mood:
Cool new features. I am looking forward to the update. Only thing I am hoping for or after the update is to adjust the placement of that shoutbox other than that, everything is great !

Algeria - Fifa World Cup 2010 - We are coming South Africa
Posted Image

Rima

Rima
  • Girls
  • 3,392 posts

Current mood:
habeeb u keep changing and changing, im so lost ...
Posted Image

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Attached File  changes.jpg   155.27KB   5 downloads

• Chat Will have a number next to it indicating the number of people chatting (we'll only be able to have 5 people chatting at once, since most of the time that's the maximum, but we do have our backup chat which we can use with unlimited numbers)
  • New Search capabilities which allow you to choose which part of the forum you want to search
  • Notification Area (sort of like facebook) where you'll be notified if someone sent you a message or replied to your status ect.
  • Lock function for your status message which will disable anyone from replying to your status message
There will also be a new Mobile skin which is much much better than the previous one:

Attached File  mobile-1.png   51.31KB   5 downloadsAttached File  mobile-2.png   19.2KB   5 downloads

I'll try to inshallah have a green skin available to support our National Team as well.. lots of things coming and I am pretty excited so inshallah all goes well smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • Lilia and abdel like this

The Big Algeria

The Big Algeria
  • Members
  • 556 posts

Current mood: Balanced
well done mate, keep it up!

M3akYalKhathra

M3akYalKhathra
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Current mood:
Beebo...legend. Enough said.

Really glad that you are implementing the Chat feature. Will introducing the Chat feature mean that the shout box will be removed ? Because having both will make the site load even slower. It would be ideal to stick to one of them. The shoutbox or the Chat.

Any estimate at how long the update down time for the forum will take or is expected to last ? Hopefully it can be completed in time for us to discuss the friendly Match vs UAE.

Beebo

Beebo
  • Admin
  • 6,655 posts

Really glad that you are implementing the Chat feature. Will introducing the Chat feature mean that the shout box will be removed ? Because having both will make the site load even slower. It would be ideal to stick to one of them. The shoutbox or the Chat.

Well the chat won't be hosted on our server, so that won't take anything out of our server's speed nor the resources. I'm actually going with having the shoutbox on the main page only to start with.

Any estimate at how long the update down time for the forum will take or is expected to last ? Hopefully it can be completed in time for us to discuss the friendly Match vs UAE.

haha ya my main concern was the friendly game discussion too which is why I scheduled the update for tomorrow night. inshallah shouldn't be more than a couple of hours. I will just have to ensure all the main functions are working properly, open the forum back up again and then deal with any minor issues (if any) afterwords smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Fatony

Fatony

A Legal Algerian

• Super Moderators
  • 6,558 posts

Current mood: Cheerful Contributor

Attached File  changes.jpg   155.27KB   5 downloads

• Lock function for your status message which will disable anyone from replying to your status message

can they reply now? I didn't you could reply to status messages

writersfreedom

writersfreedom

The Beauty and The Prince

• Super Moderators
  • 5,369 posts

Current mood: Cheerful

I'll try to inshallah have a green skin available to support our National Team as well

Yeah I was abt to ask u abt it , cuz I had the National Team green skin then it changed on its own to E-DZ's smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':S' />
but now am guessin that u removed it lol

other than that I really cant wait for the new updates :D

Great job Beebo :clap: but I dnt think the option that allows u to read the topic without clicking on it would be a good one to be honest cuz then less ppl will read topics no ?

Plus it will ruin the surprise when we use weird topic titles so ppl get curios lol

so the site will be down tonight
I hope it wont take more than few hours Insha'Allah :D

Ozzy

Ozzy

Think different 

• Moderators
  • 1,550 posts

Current mood: Inspired
Nice one Beebz!!!! smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />